Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

mewithoutYou Band • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Mar 9, 2016.

1. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

pretty dense but well worth the time.

2. fronkensteen

Trusted

He's been on The Wandering Wolf with Yoni Wolf twice now and those are both great candid, in depth conversations. Highly recommended.

3. marioeatworld

Keep on moving. Busy street.

I've been listening to Brother, Sister and I'm really digging it. What album should I listen to next?

4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

pale horses
    they'll be mostly playing from that one anyways

5. marioeatworld

Keep on moving. Busy street.

It's not like I'm going to see them live any time soon, unfortunately. But I'll follow your advice. I did feel a bit guilty last year when I did my end of the year list for not paying attention to this release.

6. Deathco_019

Drummer

Yeah I'd either go with Pale Horses or Catch For Us The Foxes next. Both great albums.

7. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

not necessarily, they're pretty good at diversifying the set list with their whole discography.

8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

yeah, but from all their albums, more songs will likely come from pale horses than any one of their other records

9. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Catch for Us the Foxes is their best, but Pale Horses isn't far behind and might be the best next stop after Brother Sister.

Cameron likes this.
  10. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

definitely echo pale horses and foxes. saw them again last night in nc with say anything and man, it does not get old ever and they are never bad. red cow translates over into a live setting perfectly every time.

fronkensteen likes this.
  11. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

fenway89, AndrewSoup and fronkensteen like this.
  12. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Wait, you bought both the Rainbow and Black versions?

13. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

This was not intentional. Ordered a few months before they showed up and only then did I realized I had ordered both.

fenway89 likes this.
  14. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Haha, dang. Well, at least you have a backup just in case. Did you manage to escape the many manufacturing errors that were apart of this release? If so, that's pretty impressive considering you have two.

15. Kuri44

Hey guys, unfortunately I won't be able to attend the Say Anything/Modern Baseball/Mewithoutyou show in Austin tomorrow (May 28th). Since that was going to start the celebration of my birthday, May 29th, I've decided that in keeping the good spirits going for my birthday, I'll give one of y'all two tickets as a gift. Let me know if interested and I can email them to you.

16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Almost coming up on the one year anniv of Pale Horses.

coleslawed likes this.
  17. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

looks like Greg is leaving the band :(

18. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

NOOOOOOOOOOO

19. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Wonder if they'll replace him with a full time member, or just have a touring bassist(s).

20. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I think they all still live in philly, so hopefully he'll still record, or at least write with them.

21. fronkensteen

Trusted

I really, really hope this is what happens. But for all we know, this could be the beginning of the end :(

Everyone getting married and having babies and whatnot. It's going to be a very sad day when they decide to stop altogether. I honestly get bummer thinking about never hearing a new song or seeing them again.

So glad I saw them on this Say Anything tour.

22. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

I really don't think they're going to quit completely anytime soon. Greg is in Portland for his masters i think, but still lives in Philly last I heard.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  23. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I don't think mewithoutYou are going to break up. Not anytime soon at least. They've been close a couple times I know, but I think they're passed that now and will continue as long as they have fans supporting them. From what I understand, the recording of It's All Crazy was a much worse experience than a band member leaving.

24. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I don't think Greg was here on their UK tour in February. Might be wrong as it's a bit hazy now - someone wasn't there and they had a guy with long hair playing instead.

25. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i'm so incredibly bummed i didn't see them on the SA tour now :verysad: i love Greg's basslines so much