Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

mewithoutYou Band • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Lucas27

Trusted

It's not my favorite, but I can't deny that it's pretty brilliant. Honestly, I don't get people that loathe the album, since there's nothing remotely bad about the writing. I think it's just really weird and simply less appealing stylistically.

Honestly can't think of a song that's remotely mediocre on that record. But I rarely have a desire to revisit any of the songs outside "The Fox, The Crow, and The Cookie," "Timothy Hay," and "King Beetle". My personal relationship with it's all crazy! really is unique. Ha. :)

2. Horrorca

Trusted

I love Crazy - honestly never understood the hate

we need more Neutral Milk Hotel worship

3. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

it's all crazy is so good omg
    i'm so jealous they're playing Fox/Crow/Cookie on this tour and i didn't get to hear it

coleslawed likes this.
  4. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

king beetle is great

5. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

My main problem with It's All Crazy is how repetitive the lyrics are.

6. SpyKi

I love "King Beetle" and "Fox, Crow, Cookie".

7. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

They've just announced some more UK dates, this time with La Dispute and Coheed. Awesome. Waited almost 10 years for them to come round when they came early this year, and now they're back again. Beaut.

8. SpyKi

yo wtf. Coheed, mewithoutYou AND La Dispute. I'm trying to save fucking money.

9. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

wish they would tour with bands that I like

10. SpyKi

I think this will be the first time I'm going to a show where I like every band playing. I just wish the order they were playing was reversed, haha. Hopefully there'll be a decent amount of mwY/LD fans there, it would suck to see those bands with no energy in the crowd.

11. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

why has no one mentioned messes of men at all

12. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

maybe its just me, but that track gave me chills the first time i heard it when B,S came out

13. Lucas27

Trusted

If you put a gun to my head and asked me what my favorite song on Brother, Sister is I'd say "Messes of Men". That's the song that sucked me in. It's unbelievable.

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  14. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

I love mwY/LD but I'm not really into C&C. In fact, I'm so not into C&C that I've been to two of their headlining shows and not stayed to watch them haha. One was to see Saosin and one was to see Circa Survive. In this case I don't mind paying so much because I'd pay an f load to see mwY and LD.

15. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

i became a fan after a multiple listens of CFUTF and began really enjoying some A-B Life stuff after that (i wanted so badly to love this band and it took some time) but when i first got B,S and heard Messes of Men, i was sold for good.

16. Lucas27

Trusted

Messes of Men was my first mewithoutYou song and it intrigued me but it was really weird. I knew instantly though that I had to read the lyrics as I listened and when I did I was blown away. Listened to the entire album while reading the lyrics that evening and it changed everything. Seriously. Never thought about music or lyrics the same way again.

17. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

literally cannot like this enough. i encourage all of my friends and co-workers to do this with any of their songs.

Lucas27 likes this.
  18. Lucas27

Trusted

mewithoutYou is literally the hardest band to get my friends into. But curiously enough, my brother is the toughest cookie to crack when it comes to getting him to like music and he got into mewithoutYou immediately because he's an English/Literature/Poetry nerd and the lyrics immediately grabbed him.

19. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

This band was the first band that had me questioning God and deconstructing the religion that I've been surrounded by since birth (I live in NC which is very Christian baptist) and I mean that in a good way. It was the first time I felt like I'd heard the other side of the story as far as people struggling with their faith and growing lack there-of. Aaron's constant oscillation between praise and criticism of God is still so fascinating to me, even if I no longer subscribe to any particular religious beliefs.

Long rant aside I quite love this band.

20. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

Ah wow, tickets to the C&C show with mwY & La Dispute are $45 each before fees. Grim.

21. SpyKi

Aren't they in the UK?

22. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, but I always post ticket prices on here in dollars to it makes more sense to more people haha. 30 quid tho. It's only really annoying because it means it'll be harder to get people to go with me!

23. SpyKi

Ahh, 30's not too bad. I paid that for MCS and this is for three bands.

24. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

coleslawed likes this.
  25. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Aaron's interviews are always fascinating, gotta remember to check that out.