Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

mewithoutYou Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Mar 9, 2016.

1. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Would love to hear it but it's a shame there's not too much variation to the original.

Cameron likes this.
  2. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

On second play, I think the only difference is the Fo So La's in the heavy part. I think it's the same instrumental and vocal recordings. A little disappointing on that front. If there's other differences, I'd love to find someone who can point them out. Haha I'll probably just be playing the Circa side though.

3. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

My thoughts exactly.

4. John Zafran

As If Everything Was Held In Place

is this a new circa song?

5. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Circa song is new. I wouldn't be surprised if it came from the Descensus session. It's called "Awake in a Dream".

6. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

7. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Bought Ten Stories on a whim at RSD, listened to it front to back a few times for the first time in a couple years and I don't know why I didn't go back to it sooner. So great.

8. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

wonder what the new track is.

Cameron likes this.
  9. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Not to be picky, but I hope it's something more than a Pale Horses alt. track where the only difference is a slightly different vocal take or something like the deluxe tracks or the circa split

10. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

update: looks like they're covering each other, but maybe with slight variations?

11. scotchkoreanguy

Avoids eye contact, great conversationalist

I recall listening to Catch For Us the Foxes after reading about how it turned 10 a few years ago, and the album was interesting but in general it never really clicked with me. I felt the same way about Ten Stories.

Then at the beginning of last summer I was hanging out with a friend and I randomly decided to play Red Cow in the background while we talked and when the chorus came on for the first time my friend literally stopped talking mid-sentence and started jamming out to it. Then we sat and listened to the first half of Pale Horses and I spent the summer playing literally almost nothing except that record. Towards the end of the summer I decided to listen to Brother, Sister and I alternated listening to those two albums for a long while. Since then I've familiarized myself with every album except for A to B Life.

Suffice to say, mewithoutyou is certainly, if not my favorite, in my top 3 favorite bands of all time. Can't wait to see them on this tour with Say Anything.

12. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

I have a relationship with this band that puts them near the top, but it always comes in bursts, in phases. As in, last summer all I could do was jam mewithoutYou, no other music would satiate my listening.

I'm not on a mewithoutYou kick at the moment, but I always look forward to when I feel a kick coming on.

13. KBradley

the earth is not a cold dead place.

Whoa, I'm the same way. I'll have a week or two spurt where they're the only band I'll listen to because nothing else is as complex or interesting to me.

14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

So SA is covering Torches Together and mwY is covering?

15. fronkensteen

Trusted

Their show last night was amazing as always. Got their new t-shirt!

16. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

From what I understand, the band's wrote sequals to each other's songs.

17. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

I cant make it to the tour, so if anyone can pick up a copy of the split for me PM me. I'll pay extra!

18. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

It's a lathe cut, /300, and only selling ten a night

19. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Yup. Which means it'll be a bitch to get

20. fronkensteen

Trusted

Yeah, they were sold out when I checked both tables.

When they were doing their mic check, Michael said, "Check 1, 2... Check 1, 2... Tony Romo" haha

21. LionInMyPocket

I was born in a swamp, born with no clothes on

Say Anything covers mewithoutyou’s “Torches Apart” and on the other half you have MWY’s “Cleo’s Ferry Cemetery.” Not sure if that means MWY is doing a version of "Cemetery" and SA is doing a version of "Tourches Together" or if they will be sequels to the songs. I want it though!

22. fronkensteen

Trusted

Their manager confirmed that they're sequels to those songs.

23. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

from a personal standpoint, aaron's lyrical ability does it for me. they are without a doubt, my favorite band and spending time sifting through the lyrical content of almost every song is such a treat. again, just my opinion but i am so glad to hear that others out there take the time to revisit their material even if it doesn't work out on the first listen. i know so many people who have written them off due to first impressions and it kills me.

scotchkoreanguy likes this.
  24. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

mewithoutYou doing a sequel to my favourite Say Anything song? Fuck yes.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  25. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

mwY should've done "Wow I Can Get Sexual Too" :crylaugh:

coleslawed likes this.