Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

mewithoutYou Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Mar 9, 2016.

1. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

B,S > Pale Horses > Catch > Ten Stories > It's All Crazy > AB

But "Gentlemen" is the song that got me into them and I will always love it

2. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

swap its all crazy with ten stories and i'm right there with you

3. Emotherapy

Regular

Never really got into this band but thought they were great when I saw them with The Menzingers. Is Pale Horses a good place to start with them?

4. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Yes. Really any album except for A-B Life and It's All Crazy work well as a starting point though.

5. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I may just be saying that because I've been listening to it a lot lately hah. But in all reality Foxes is my favorite and after that it's just a huge toss up

Cameron likes this.
  6. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

The new record was the first one that I really liked from this band. I've given them a lot of chances before but they never clicked with me for whatever reason. Been meaning to go back and listen to their earlier stuff because I like Pale Horses a lot.

7. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

blue hen and mexican war streets are up there with their best songs of all time

8. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Switch the first two and I think that's mine

chhholly123 likes this.
  9. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

I go back and forth. I think Brother, Sister stays ahead because of the nostalgia factor. They are both fantastic albums.

10. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Pale Horses was my favorite album from last year. I hadn't really listened to the band in years, that album re-awoke this band for me. I honestly don't get tired of listening to it and I spin it maybe once a week.

11. KBradley

the earth is not a cold dead place.

I really enjoyed Pale Horses, but BS and CFUTF are on a completely different level for me.

Garrett L. and bedwettingcosmo like this.
  12. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

they are

teebs41 and bedwettingcosmo like this.
  13. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

Birnam Wood is pretty great, IMO. I know some people thought it didn't fit with the album, but I think it's the perfect intro to Rainbow Signs.

14. fronkensteen

Trusted

I've been following them for about 13 years now and I think that Pale Horses is their best album at this point and Dorothy is a top ten song from them, possibly top five.

Also, "it's all crazy" is a fantastic album and gets way too much hate. I legit don't understand it unless you just plain don't like that genre of music. The lyrics are still amazing and the musicianship is as good as anything else they've done.

15. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

It's All Crazy... is great. "Cattail Down" and King Beetle are two of my favourite songs from the band.

teebs41 likes this.
  16. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I honestly have only listened to it a small handful of times. It didn't grab me like the others. I should try again.

17. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I've spent so much time with Crazy trying to get it to click and although I do like it now as opposed to violently hating it like I used to, it's still easily my least favourite with only a few songs I love.

chhholly123 likes this.
  18. Lucas27

Trusted

I would maybe switch "Pale Horses" and "Catch" but pretty much this. Catch For Us the Foxes had/has a huge emotional impact on me, but to me "Brother, Sister" is not only the most cohesive, well-rounded mwY album, but one of the most perfect albums I've ever heard. Period. And it may be the only album I've heard where I don't feel strange making a claim like that. I just can't think of anything I'd remotely change right down to Aaron laughing during "Orange Spider".

Everything they've done is great though. I really need to revisit "Ten Stories" because I haven't begun to give that album the time it deserves. Some of their stuff just takes work to catch all the nuances.

chhholly123 likes this.
  19. KBradley

the earth is not a cold dead place.

Yeah, this is exactly how I feel. It's definitely not bad, but I simply cannot get into it as much no matter how hard I try.

20. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

anyone pick up the 10 Stories repress? (i feel like i've been mentioning this a lot, haha)

21. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

The Circa Survive split is kinda whatever on the mewithoutYou side. It's basically the just Rainbow Signs with different vocals during that heavier chunk in it. The Circa side however is really cool.

22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Where can I hear it?

23. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I don't think anyone has done a vinyl rip of it yet. I'd do one, but I don't really have the means.

24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

no worries I just thought you heard it somewhere online.

25. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Ah, nah. Was lucky enough to get to my local record store after the initial crazy died down and they still had two of the splits left.