Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

mewithoutYou Band • Page 147

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Dog Fish

Mutt

The one album I could never really get in to

Serenity Now likes this.
  2. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

Top 3 mwY record for me, especially around this time of year. Probably Pale Horses, it’s all crazy, and Brother Sister.

Jbent and awakeohsleeper like this.
  3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

[insert stock anti-it’s all crazy! take here]

4. Jbent

Trusted

goodbye, I! tho

5. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

No one ever talks about Cattail Down. Definitely one of the most underrated songs in their catalog imo

6. MathiasGeleyn

Regular

It's a nice counterweight when you listen to their discography on shuffle. I like the fact that they have made this, even if it is my least favorite they released. Still a fun album and I also think it cleared the path to Nine Stories which combines the folky-sounds with their heavier sound rather perfect. It will be cool to add this on vinyl to my collection.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  7. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

brilliant song

neo506 likes this.
  8. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Monday me says “hard pass, you’ll never spin it” with an arrogance that Thursday night me will find amusing

9. Lucas27

Trusted

Both of these are underrated gems in their discography. I think Cattail Down is the best on the album.

neo506 and Jbent like this.
  10. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

What's coming Friday?

11. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

Funny you should ask...

coleslawed and Serenity Now like this.
  12. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Sounds like we may get some demos?

13. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Ready to throw money at this band again tonight

coleslawed likes this.
  14. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

I’d be surprised at demos. They’ve said a couple of times now that they don’t have anything like that hanging around.

dylan likes this.
  15. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

yup I'm pretty sure Almquist has said basically everything they've recorded has been released already. I don't think there's any fully fledged songs locked up in a vault waiting for release :/

16. I got into the band the year it's all crazy! dropped and I loved it, it still holds up and is unfairly maligned for being a departure from their established sound when it's not even that much of a stretch for them, especially lyrically.

Mary V and troyplaysbass like this.
  17. I was one of the few to give it a glowing review back in 2009 (?) and it still holds up

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Its weird thinking about how much I didn't like that album. I really needed to see those songs live to fall in love with them.

19. my least favorite besides AB but it's a good album that I think added some interesting wrinkles to their sound. I am not often drawn to it but I always find something to love when I do listen

gonz (Alex) likes this.
  20. Timothy hay tho

Jbent and coleslawed like this.
  21. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

I know it's already been stated but Cattail Down and Goodbye, I kill and truthfully I think that The King Beetle on a Coconut Estate provides such an epic buildup and finish that I never ever even wanted from them and I loved it all the more as a result. Wasn't there a show(s) where they played it with a full orchestra too? I quickly searched for it on youtube but came up empty.

coleslawed likes this.
  22. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Also, this album provided the only gateway for me to buy my stepdad a mwY cd as a gift and he never really said if he liked it but my sisters would ride in his truck with him and they told me he would play "the song about David and the angel" a lot so I chalked it up to a win.

Mary V likes this.
  23. MrAirplane

Trusted

they had a small orchestra section at the album release show at the troc

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  24. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

I love that so much