Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

mewithoutYou Band • Page 136

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

[untitled] is such a good morning listen. similar to PH appendix. Both go great with wooded trails & coffee

2. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

So I've been listening to Catch for the last week plus. Can confirm I'm mad that I haven't had the pleasure of enjoying this album for the last 16 years.

It's such a perfect album, and perfect flowing album it feels criminal to single things out but Tie Me Up will probably be a top 10 song for me personally. Torches, January and Tie Me Up to start the album is so good. Especially love Paper-Hanger and My Exit, Unfair too. Also if I didn't already own a bass guitar that I'm no good at playing, this album might have made me buy one.

3. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Hell yeah, it really is a perfect album.

4. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

every album they've made is perfect flowing imo

5. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

All their songs are perfect but “Tie Me Up! Unite Me!” is REALLY perfect.

I’ll never forget hearing a “Christian” band talking about suicidal ideation and how that hit me as an 18-year old that struggled with similar thoughts, mainly apathy, and how important it was in my growth and understanding that I wasn’t alone.

Probably the most important album of my life.

6. Lucas27

Trusted

I had this realization the other day that the prechorus of Paper Hanger pops into my head more than almost any part of any song.

7. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I thought some might be interested in this - Dominic Angelella's has released a new album:

Interestingly, the title track Poison River is his version of Dirty Air (which he wrote the music for).

For those with shorter memories, Dom played on [Untitled] and [untitled] ep and was touring with them when [A-->B] Live was recorded.

azzy01, coleslawed and Mary V like this.
  8. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

The guys had to lock the comments on a BLM Instagram post of theirs yesterday because of idiots in the comments, smh

9. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Screenshot_20200603-133404.png Screenshot_20200603-133421.png

10. bedwettingcosmo

what a damn shame that even has to be said.

11. bedwettingcosmo

if you're a mwY fan and have those sort of ideals, boy have you missed the fucking point

12. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Lol, that’s exactly what I was thinking. Like, how can you listen to them enough that you want to follow their accounts and STILL be that much of a dick? I don’t understand how that’s possible.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  13. jols

Trusted Prestigious

unfortunately, every band that has even the vaguest affiliation with Christianity / Tooth and Nail days has a sizable amount of those fans

14. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

You think you're you - you don't know who you are, you're not you. You're everyone else!

coleslawed and awakeohsleeper like this.
  15. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I am thankful that they are the kind of guys who do respond and shutdown anything like that.

SmashRipsaw likes this.
  16. Serenity Now

yea that's crazy. good response.

17. MrAirplane

Trusted

Greg on reddit
    mewithoutYou and Geology Bandcamp day info. : mewithoutYou

Mary V, coleslawed and Serenity Now like this.
  18. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Well I do have more mwY albums to buy

19. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

yeah sure i'll pay $50 for the live a-b life album why not

Anthony Brooks and coleslawed like this.
  20. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

fyi on the brother, sister tour :((((

"The tour isn't going to happen. Just wait for an unofficial announcement in the coming weeks." mike posted it on reddit

awakeohsleeper and Joe4th like this.
  21. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Add all the interruptions to their graceful farewell plans to the pile of millions of reasons why 2020 has sucked. What a rough time. :(

22. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Run it back in 2021 with both tours

23. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Sorry to those who love that album more than I do, but I'm personally more interested in getting a proper retrospective farewell tour anyway. They can only extend this last hurrah of the band for so long before moving on to other things, I'd imagine, & it'd be weird to spend a bunch of that time on one album.

Wouldn't be surprised if they still did like one B,S show or something at the start of their farewell tour when that's able to happen. But, yeah. It is what it is, I suppose.

awakeohsleeper and coleslawed like this.
  24. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I don’t think it’s weird to spend a bunch of time on that album at all, especially considering that was a major milestone and big hit for them fan wise. I still think they’ll do both tours.

25. Serenity Now

Yea, are we sure he just means it's not going to happen in 2020? I could interpret that sentence both ways given the fact that I think the last time they communicated anything about it there was still hope for something towards the end of 2020. Maybe he's just saying it's not going to happen this year.