Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

mewithoutYou Band • Page 127

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

That’s an underrated song, btw

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  2. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

That tour is was introduced then to me.

3. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Song had me bawling last night.

4. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i'm worried about their B,S tour. like, it's unlikely that this pandemic is gonna be fully contained in the next month (and a half)
    in addition to that, the SF venue they had booked for the show, Slims, is shutting down! apparently they had decided to shut down even before COVID forced all the closures. hoping they can move it easily enough

5. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

It'll definitely be a close call given that it starts in May. Most cities have cancelled events requiring large gatherings through that first week already (for ex., the Pittsburgh Marathon). Even if restrictions get lifted by then though, it's tough to imagine things going back to "normal" immediately.

6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

What!? Didn’t know Slims was shutting down....like for good?

7. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

honestly dont think the tour has a chance of happening. they might need to extend their exit to next year.

My exit, unfair...

8. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Gotta be honest, I don’t really know why they even announced it.

9. those few days were really confusing to be fair. i had a show bumped back to may that i think is definitely gonna get bumped back again

10. socklord

Trusted

Yeah it was weird timing

jordalsh likes this.
  11. ImAMetaphor

Yeah you’re right. I’m sure they really wanted to announce something for people to look forward. It’s just at this point I’m not even expecting shows in June to happen, let alone May.

jordalsh likes this.
  12. I want a tour poster though it's beautiful

coleslawed likes this.
  13. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

My exit, unfair, if unobserved!

Those last two words may end up being an unfortunate prediction...!

14. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

That song has some of the best drums of their career.

Your Milkshake likes this.
  15. socklord

Trusted

I think Rickie really started coming into his own as a drummer on Brother, Sister, but that song is a fun one to play for sure

coleslawed likes this.
  16. ImAMetaphor

Agreed, but the drumming on CFUTF is still pretty great

socklord likes this.
  17. socklord

Trusted

Oh for sure. I think there are a good chunk of moments throughout CFUTF that show how great of a drummer Rickie is. He's truly got a knack for the instrument to have already been laying down some really great, tasteful stuff so early on in his career.

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  18. AndrewSoup

19. AndrewSoup

just got an email update about the Foxes Collectors Edition!

Normally all online orders are processed, packaged, and shipped by a single person, our manager, and he is able to do all this from his home. But with large pre-orders like this one where thousands of items need to be fulfilled at once, more people and more space are required. For this we arrange a special packing day at a local church building where members of the band and their friends can come help move orders out quickly. But since the coronavirus outbreak we've had to heed the call for social distancing and to shelter-in-place extremely seriously. And as a result the packing day that would've expedited these shipments has been canceled.

The good new is that shipments are still going out, albeit very slowly and possibly taking several weeks longer to complete all the pre-orders. Our manager has been working overtime into the late evenings to fulfill as many packages as he can, making trips to our storage facility everyday to pick up more supplies, and arranging daily pick-ups with the USPS to ensure that these packages are not held up any longer than they need to be.

it's alright, i'm used to waiting for these, lol

MrAirplane and Serenity Now like this.
  20. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

gonna go run through foxes right quick, its been a minute.

21. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

holy wow

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  22. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

I treat their shipment dates the same way I treat estimates from contractors in construction. Good rule of thumb is to add 6 of whatever unit of measure they quote you on originally. lol.

23. ImAMetaphor

Just saw an announcement that the Akron date got postponed. I’d imagine the announcement of the rest is coming soon

24. MrAirplane

Trusted

two or three other dates say the same. at least they say postponed and not cancelled

25. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I’m at the point now where I’m coming to terms with the reality that I may never get my mewithoutYou final show now. (I live in the UK). I just can’t see them getting over here before it all ends now. I know there’s more awful things going on at the moment, but it’s still heartbreaking.

Dinosaurs Dish and Mary V like this.