Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

mewithoutYou Band • Page 113

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Mar 9, 2016.

1. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

thanks for sharing. this is beautiful

Dinosaurs Dish and dylan like this.
  2. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Yea, that full announcement is forcing this to hit me now. I regret not getting into this band earlier than PH. So much missed opportunity!

That said, I'm thrilled at the prospect of a B/S tour & the potential for a cool box-set release from these guys.

dylan likes this.
  3. 5Stories

Regular

Why the fuck is Brother, Sister not on Spotify. Today of all days, man.

4. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

It is for me in the United States.

5. RuckerPark

Someone else is in my place. Supporter

So untitled will be their last album. Although bummed, am not surprised. Can’t wait to see them again

6. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

On top of the Thrice tour, I should be able to see them another time between the Brother, Sister tour and a farewell tour.

I’ve only even seen them once, back in June 2009, in Saint Petersburg, FL. I think it was a tour with The Deer Hunter?

Amazing show!

7. 5Stories

Regular

Must be a UK thing. Probably Brexit.

coleslawed and Serenity Now like this.
  8. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Yeah, for some reason it's not been on UK Spotify for years. Pre-Brexit, believe it or not, but it'll probably have something to do with that somewhere...

9. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

I think going out on your second best record is not a bad way to go out on at all.

MrAirplane and Lucas27 like this.
  10. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I'm doing a reverse discog run. I haven't really liked much outside of Untitled, but I'm really trying this time. I really liked Pale Horses. Ten Stories was better than I expected, seems like I remember people not liking this one as much. It is more subdued. It's all crazy was about what I expected, but had it's moments. Definitely my least favorite so far. Brother, Sister is not impacting me the way it seems it does everyone else here. The production sounds dated. Maybe you just had to be there for this one? In A Market Dimly Lit was great. Wish me luck for the next two.

11. can't tell if this is my problem or what, but the first like 1-2 seconds of most songs on Brother, Sister are all in like very low quality on apple music. it sounds very bad before it clicks back into place. anyone else notice this?

12. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Just checked it out no issues for me.

13. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Amazing

15. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

One thing to look at in a retrospective way is considering how lucky he/they/we were that Vasily Kafanov collaborated and contributed to an overall mythos kind of thing. They’re work together is like an amorphous ever-expanding art project for two decades. Pretty amazing.

16. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

I would love to buy one of his paintings, but the least expensive one is around $500.

17. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Gotta be a Catch vinyl reissue

Mary V and Serenity Now like this.
  18. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I’ll buy that so fast

19. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Yep, that's the Foxes font.

20. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

If history is any indicator, looks like I'll be staying up til midnight Thursday evening!

21. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

and another

22. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

yup def CFUTF repress they're all various synonyms of "Attention!"

23. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

Got my Catch for Us the Foxes vinyl this morning while stepping out my front door on my way to work... heavily considered calling in sick to work so I could listen to my vinyl and drink my coffee and feel all the feels.

24. mine shipped today! won't get to play it 'till I'm back in Philly after the holidays tho

Brodobaggins34 likes this.
  25. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I don’t think I’ve even got a shipping notification yet :/