Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

mewithoutYou Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Mar 9, 2016.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

[​IMG]

mewithoutYou is an American rock band from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The band consists of vocalist Aaron Weiss, guitarists Michael Weiss and Brandon Beaver, bassist Greg Jehanian and drummer Rickie Mazzotta. The band's music is generally dominated by spoken-word vocals and free-ranging drums, bass, and guitar.

They need a thread.

2. really want that RSD Ten Stories pressing.

3. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Pale Horses was in my top 5 of last year, band never clicked for me before but I love that record

Quercus, Connor and Serenity Now like this.
  4. PyramidPostcard

avocado squirrel rides again Prestigious

Brother, Sister was their peak but I like most their releases.

5. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

it is an understatement how much i love this band

fenway89 and jordalsh like this.
  6. Pale Horses is at the top of their discography for me, but I'm not sure they'll ever write a song I love more than "In a Sweater Poorly Knit." Seeing that performed live with the harp part was mesmerizing.

teebs41, PyramidPostcard and jordalsh like this.
  7. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Man I wish that tour with BN was hitting the states. The one with thrice in 07 was incredible

8. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

I like this band a lot, but somehow it's never grown into "love" for me. I haven't had that moment where I felt like their music just clicked

Vincentbiz likes this.
  9. AndrewSoup

words can't describe how much i love this band. Aaron's songwriting is on a whole nother level
    Ten Stories is one of my all time favs to spin front to back

summertimejesus likes this.
  10. phaynes1

Regular

seeing them in october was definitely a highlight of Fest

11. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I really wish I loved their last three like I loved their first three. They're all great, but I just don't connect to them like I used to. Tie Me Up! Untie Me! is still one of the most important songs of my life.

12. AndrewSoup

i think their last two are some of the strongest material in their catalog. those records flow front to back seamlessly and has both that intensity and melody/catchiness
    i honestly don't return to A-B Life much besides a select few songs. they are absolutely hitting their stride rn

fronkensteen likes this.
  13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

It took a while, but I strongly feel that TS is up there with Catch and B,S. Just such a great concept album.

14. Pale Horses and Ten Stories are my favorites. I just think they're tighter than the others, which I also love

AndrewSoup likes this.
  15. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

My favourite band. I love their entire catalog, and find ranking their albums nearly impossible. The best I can do is put them into "tiers" where the highest is like 9.5-10/10 and the lowest is like 8/10.

16. beggars05

I never listened to this band until Pale Horses came out and I can't believe what I was missing out on!

Even had to illegally download an album for the first time in ages to listen to Brother, Sister (it's not available to buy or on Spotify etc in the UK)

17. Emperor Y

Jesus rides beside me Prestigious

For the record, arguably the greatest show of my life was mewithoutYou opening for the Dismemberment Plan in Baltimore 2 or 3 years ago.

Cameron likes this.
  18. Emperor Y

Jesus rides beside me Prestigious

This is probably maybe my favorite band. I put entries 2-6 in their catalogue up against anything a rock band has done in the last 15 years.

Yourbiggestflan likes this.
  19. AndrewSoup

omg, Big Scary Monsters has some really f'ing dope pressings of Pale Horses

20. Tyler

Regular Supporter

I don't think they'll ever top Brother, Sister for me but Pale Horses is up there. Saw them a couple months ago with Menzingers and they absolutely killed it. Made the Menzingers look boring.

airik625 likes this.
  21. AndrewSoup

i can't even say if they have a definitive record or anything. each one tops the last. they all offer so much, GOD i love this band

22. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

I saw those but I can't justify buying another since I bought both deluxe editions already. That black and white tho, hnnng

23. AndrewSoup

i'm gonna get that black/cream from BSM and the olive green/bone from RFC
    this band always knows how to take my money

24. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

so excited to see mewithoutYou for the first time in June with Brand New!!!!!!!

Tyler and teebs41 like this.
  25. Vincentbiz

Resident Type 1 Diabetic

will be seeing them with Teen Suicide and Say Anything at the end of the month. Can't wait!