Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

mewithoutYou - [untitled] e.p. & [Untitled] LP (2018) Album • Page 181

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

only took me ten years to come around to most of it. lol

coleslawed and awakeohsleeper like this.
  2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Still remember listening to "Every Thought a Thought of You" on MySpace & loving it when my friend group didn't like it.

Still remember the album leaking, downloading it, & finding it boring... while that same friend group somehow loved it.

My opinions on individual tracks have fluctuated over time, but my overall opinion on the album's highs, lows, & place in the band's discography (the bottom) have held pretty steady over the past decade. You could make a really strong EP out of "Every Thought," "Allah, Allah, Allah," "The Fox, the Crow, & the Cookie," & maybe another song or two? And, the album was a necessary step towards the band becoming creatively what they are today. But, I'm still not a fan overall.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  3. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I remember exactly where I sat and listened to it all the way through for the first time. It really threw me off but I warmed up to it very quickly and I absolutely love every moment of it now. Perfect album. Ten years, holy shit.

MrAirplane likes this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I LOVE Every Thought. Probably my favorite mwy song. The rest of the album always felt kind of off to me. Hearing the songs live over the last 10 years really turned me on to them. Timothy Hay was probably the biggest song I turned around on.

coleslawed likes this.
  5. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

such an underappreciated record.

6. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

they closed their bowery set with "timothy hay" and it was fucking astonishing, god bless it's all crazy tbh

7. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

it's all crazy has more goosebump-inducing moments for me than any of their other records.

8. Jbent

Trusted

One of my all time favorite summer albums. It's all crazy is classic mwY song writing with the intensity turned down. So good.

9. parksranda

director

Was going through footage from the "Julia" video and found this steadicam take of the band. Thought ya'll might enjoy.

10. Olyphantastic

mewithoutYou ft. Aaron's Forehead Veins.

11. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

"Enchantment at the bottom of a made up ocean" :thumbup:

12. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

August the latest for the deluxe?

Kevin360 likes this.
  13. Olyphantastic

Latest update was they're aiming to have them all shipped in July (with them anticipating receiving all the various pieces to be assembled by end of June).

teebs41 and coleslawed like this.
  14. socklord

Trusted

I keep coming back around to this album to see if it grows on me, but I think I've settled on this just being a good, solid album from them in what's shaping up more and more to be a great discography. Think this is a little too back heavy, but it's pretty much lights out from Tortoises through the end.

15. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

It took me a long time to come around to it, but now it's one of my favorites of theirs. It's always my go-to album in the summer.

Jbent likes this.
  16. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Tim, coleslawed, wood&wire and 16 others like this.
  17. Taxt

Haha what a dork

18. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Reminds me of Joey from Friends:

"Sincerely,
    Baby Kangaroo Tribbiani"

19. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Well, at least he has a phone to send texts from these days. I still laugh about that Bad Christian interview where Almquist couldn’t locate him for ages.

coleslawed likes this.
  20. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

My personal favorite is the time that Aaron tried to cross a river on a makeshift garbage raft and almost drowned.

ImAMetaphor and awakeohsleeper like this.
  21. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Just saw this photo on Reddit and fell in love with Aaron in a new way:

22. Jbent

Trusted

That was in Boston, Mike's family was there too. Great people all around.

coleslawed and awakeohsleeper like this.
  23. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

beautiful

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  24. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I can't find my last e-mail. What was the most recent update on the deluxe vinyl bundles?

25. Tyler

Regular Supporter

The band should get them at the end of the month and start shipping early July.

Dinosaurs Dish and coleslawed like this.