Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

mewithoutYou - [untitled] e.p. & [Untitled] LP (2018) Album • Page 174

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Bro! You never heard that??? I’ve always loved that version and wish it was listed separately on the album and/or Spotify.

2. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

My copy of the CD is really odd and has about 30+ minutes of silence between the two tracks for some unknown reason. So I never ripped it but I used to love fast forwarding to listen to it.

3. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Just finished All The Clever Words Pt. 2. If I’m being generous, it’s pretty meh.

neo506 and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  4. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Read the first one and didn’t like it. Bought the second one and haven’t read a page.

5. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Ha, I wrote a review on Goodreads and said if you didn’t like the first part, you won’t like the second.

Serenity Now likes this.
  6. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

The album version of winter solstice is so wholesome. It’s a bob ross painting in music form.

7. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

You can leave me any time.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  8. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Your little brother (I) can’t paddle anymore.

coleslawed likes this.
  9. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

My wife and I were driving over the weekend and had music on shuffle. She doesn't like heavy music but in the past I (politely) requested that she listened to Pale Horses and [Untitled] when they were released. That's pretty much all the mewithoutYou she's heard, apart from a song or two here and there.

Anyway, Leaf came on shuffle and there's the extended instrumental intro so I said "guess which band this is" expecting her not to figure it out until Aaron's vocals kicked in. She listened and before the vocals arrived said "mewithoutYou". Impressed, I asked her how she knew and she said "the drumming just sounded like mewithoutYou". Very impressed and in that moment obviously more in love than ever before, haha. All credit to the distinctive sound of the genius that is Rickie Mazzotta.

Had to post here and share my joy.

10. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

I wish my lady did something more than roll her eyes every time I put on mwY. Haha. Oh well.

11. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

There was probably eye rolling. I was driving so couldn't see her, ha!

teebs41 likes this.
  12. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

me and my wife used to vibe pretty hard on music but as we've gotten older she's in constant eye roll mode at my taste :(

Serenity Now and awakeohsleeper like this.
  13. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

This is the best album.

14. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

mewithoutYou is actually the reason why I met my wife. Back in the olden days of Facebook you could search for people who liked the same bands as you, and I kept coming up in her search results due to our mutual love of mewithoutYou.

15. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Dark secrets come out, with comma or without.

Carrow likes this.
  16. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I swear y’all don’t understand that lyric.

17. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Can't stop listening to this band.

Sat down to do some writing last night, threw Pale Horses on the turntable and just nodded along until I had to flip it. Then after that was done I immediately went for Brother, Sister.

coleslawed and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  18. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

Chapelcross Towns is a top 10 mwY song

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  19. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Why don't these have Wikipedia articles yet? Haha

20. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

Do y'all think they'd change my shipping address if I emailed them? Didn't plan to be moving before the deluxe vinyl was out haha.

21. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ve emailed them and got responses very quickly from their manager Michael, so I’m sure he could review and respond quickly if you have your order number and everything.

Jesse West likes this.
  22. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Yeah Mike's really good about that kind of stuff. Shoot them an email and he'll get you fixed up

Jesse West likes this.
  23. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Can anyone else not get Torches Together to play for them on Spotify?

24. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

It didn’t work for me but I clicked on January 1979 and it worked and then went back to TT and it worked then. Weird.

25. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Early contender for the next album cover...

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.