Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

mewithoutYou - [untitled] e.p. & [Untitled] LP (2018) Album • Page 168

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Aug 16, 2018.

1. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

who cares for me, great album regardless of where it ended up (honorable mentions)

Lazarus likes this.
  2. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Never had a favorite lyric of a given year but this one takes it for 2018:

“one day they’ll find us, feather’s on a tiger’s body, quiet as a clear blue glacier lake.”

Really puts the idea of existence into perspective for me.

coleslawed and Zac Djamoos like this.
  3. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Who is delivering your records?

I still don’t see anything on USPS or UPS. FrdEx is always the mystery.

4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

did you get the deluxe?

5. Lazarus

Drummer

Love this, although it’s far from my favorite from them and this year

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  6. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

#1 hands down. not even close. okay, maybe daughters is close, but not even.

Taxt likes this.
  7. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I haven't made my list yet, but it's definitely my easy #2, below The 1975.

8. Kevin360

Originally ordered the Deluxe, and then decided to also order the regular copies of the LP and EP as well.

teebs41 likes this.
  9. Taxt

Yep. I've listened to this (and the EP) more than anything else this year by like a 3 to 1 margin

10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Have the deluxe coming... getting harder and harder to wait lol

11. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

oh btw i got my very normal record in the mail last week, it sounds awesome

12. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

I still have yet to get a shipping notification, so I'm not sure if I should be expecting mine any day now or not. I ordered from them two other times this fall, and got notifications for both when they shipped.

13. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I think this is my number 1? It's either this or Coheed. I've loved coheed for 15 years. I've never liked a MWY album before. It's a hard choice.

14. Jim

Trusted Supporter

i didnt get a notification at all. it just showed up. my order on the page never changed either, FYI.

15. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Has there been any updates on the collector's editions, still pegged for January?

16. Serenity Now

I need to figure out what to do with the CD's that are a part of that package.

17. Serenity Now

The sequencing of this record is so fantastic. The outro of Flee is a perfect release after ~20ish minutes of driving momentum. The slow burn of the intro to Tortoises is the perfect way to gently pull you back in. And then comes the one-two punch of 2,459 and Wendy & Betsy. Just...wow.

Pretty incredible when you consider the fact that they have said the songs were written at various points in time without the idea of a full album in mind.

coleslawed and Mary V like this.
  18. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

yeah the sequencing is masterful.. i dont really cherry pick songs here, if i'm listening to it, its the full ride.

coleslawed and Serenity Now like this.
  19. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I really like this album and the EP, i just wish I could love it like everyone else. I don't know what is holding me back, I think it contains some of the bands best work but I don't find myself constantly wanting to put it on. I saw them last week and they were awesome, new songs sounded great too. Maybe getting the deluxe vinyl in January will spark my love for this again.

disambigujason likes this.
  20. Kevin360

I want my vinyl.

teebs41 likes this.
  21. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

22. Lucas27

Trusted

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  23. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I actually prefer the EP by a fair bit. be kind to me pls

24. Lucas27

Trusted

If you cared enough to type “please” completely I’d have considered it but alas.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  25. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

There's some other interesting inclusions on there. The Matthew Dear remix version of MGMT's new album, but not the original album, and Chvrches' Hansa Session EP over Love is Dead. it's a pretty solid list overall, though.