Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

mewithoutYou - [untitled] e.p. & [Untitled] LP (2018) Album • Page 167

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Lucas27

Trusted

The only thing that makes me cry happy tears more than a good pun is a good pun given in my honor.

2. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

They've got weird hours now because of the holidays. I had something show up at 730 this morning before work

3. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

FedEx has left a note on my door three days in a row and i think it might be my vinyl bundle? I have to go pick it up today after work so we will see. If it is then i will have an extra EP vinyl on my hands..

4. Lucas27

Trusted

Okay, am I crazy, or does that sound kind of like Jeremy Enigk at the end of Michael? Anyone know who’s singing that part?

5. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

In the liner notes it says guest vocals for that track are by Scott McMicken who a quick Google tells me is from Dr. Dog.

Serenity Now and Lucas27 like this.
  6. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

thats a weird ass collab but i can totally hear it now.

coleslawed and Serenity Now like this.
  7. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Didn’t Aaron and Mike do a song with them many years ago? Spirit Oh Spirit I think it was called. They’ve also toured together so must be good friends. All vocals on that track sound fantastic.

neo506 likes this.
  8. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Makes sense since Dr. Dog is another Philly band. I would drive long distances to see them tour together.

awakeohsleeper and teebs41 like this.
  9. Lazarus

Drummer

This album gets better every time I listen to it. Kinda flew by me at first, but I've found myself really enjoying it as of late

Lucas27 likes this.
  10. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

would be down for a Dr. Dog/mwY tour

11. Lucas27

Trusted

So when I first heard [Untitled] I thought, “This is easily the darkest mwY album to date.” It’s definitely the most intense by a fair margin, but I’m listening back to Pale Horses and man is it dark. I feel like [Untitled] has small moments of reprieve and ends hopefully, but Pale Horses is so bleak all the way through. “Magic Lantern Days” is the brightest things get and it’s still full of so much apocalyptic imagery.

coleslawed likes this.
  12. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

Rainbow Signs is an incredibly dark song -- it feels like giving in to your darkest thoughts. AW using the Book of Revelations as an allegory for the death of his father / marriage is one of the most haunting moments in music this decade.

13. Lucas27

Trusted

“God gave Noah the rainbow sign.
    No more water, is the H-bomb next time?”

That’s such a relevant fear and has been for years. I can relate so much to that thought myself when I look around at the world.

14. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

There are 100 print copies of All the Clever Words on Pages (Pt. 2) now available if that interests anyone:

If not you'll be able to get the PDF for free on Christmas Day.

Serenity Now and MrAirplane like this.
  15. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

This is far and away my favorite album of the year.

Far far far and away.

I love it so mother freaking much that it makes me crazy.

16. was number two on my list

17. Lucas27

Trusted

It’s #2 on my list but by a hair and it’s definitely my most played. I get in the car and turn it on automatically at this point and if I hear the first guitars on 9:27am, 7/29 it’s over.

18. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

I think it's in the top 3 for me, especially if I include the EP.

19. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

I didn't think it would be my number 1, but after 5-6 weeks of putting my list together it ended up at the top. Gets better every time I return to it.

20. Dog with a Blog Dec 10, 2018
    (Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2018)
    Dog with a Blog

I 100% thought it would be my #1 and it was until Daughters put out their album

21. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

I guess I should listen to the Daughters album, eh?

22. Dog with a Blog

Yeahhhh. It’s honestly becoming one of my favorite albums of all time

Anthony Brooks and bachna84 like this.
  23. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

My bundle delivered today! So now i have an extra Green EP

teebs41 and Dog with a Blog like this.
  24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

4 for me

25. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious