Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mew Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sophos, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Sophos

Regular

Mew are a Danish alternative rock band, often incorporating elements of shoegaze and dream pop into their brand of alt rock. They've put out six studio albums, their most recent being 2015's +-. +- is perhaps their biggest, most grandiose statement yet, with the kind of sound that is meant to soar over and fill arenas. They're no stranger to broad scope though, whether it was 2005's excellent And The Glass Handed Kites or 2009's No More Stories Told..., the band has always been using massive soundscapes and dizzying walls of sound to build dense atmospheres for their pop compositions to lay over. They have a truly unique sound, one that any fan of unique alt music should grow accustomed with.

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Last album was really good, but I haven't explored the rest of their catalog.

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Listen to Frengers

4. Sophos

Regular

and the glass handed kites is their best imho

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  5. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

no more stories is my friend's fav album ever and he gave it to me as a gift for my 16th bday and i fell in love so it'll always have a special place in my heart

really loved +- though, still need to give frengers a full listen

6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Snow Brigade is the catchiest song

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Something happening tomorrrooowwwwwww

8. Horrorca

Trusted

last one is the first one that didn't really grab me...

like, it was good, but I was used to huge leaps in direction (not necessarily quality) for every album and the last one felt like a further exploration of No More Stories

it's hard to choose one though, all are unique.. but as an integral collection of songs, I would say Glass Handed Kites

but No More Stories has such a unique atmosphere and sound.. it brings me back to a certain moment in my life and makes me very nostalgic...

special special band - excited to see what comes next and maybe get on board again this time around because they are really great

Gooddayz likes this.
  9. Makoto

Monafide bonafide

Severely underrated band

10. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

11. irthesteve

cute

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Got my tickets. Love that album sooooo so much.

irthesteve likes this.
  13. stars143

Trusted

I'll be at the NYC date. Super underrated band (at least in the US) and Frengers is my favorite from them.

beachdude likes this.
  14. stars143

Trusted

The Frengers show was great! But they had no merch, which was odd...

15. SoundscapeMN

Regular

bump.

for those who are really fanatics and enjoy podcasts, they may enjoy a new Podcast from the Mewx.info people.

MewX Podcast

stars143 likes this.
  16. Horrorca

Trusted

did not know this was coming

stars143 likes this.
  17. irthesteve

oh wow! That looks like it should be awesome, guess I gotta listen

18. stars143

Trusted

beachdude likes this.