Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Metric - Art of Doubt (September 21, 2018) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SteveLikesMusic, Jul 6, 2018.

1. HarmonyinC

Between this and that Paramore video, I kind of want to hang out with Uzi.

As for this album, it’s probably my favorite since Fantasies. The last 3 tracks kind of drag it down, but I don’t think I’d cut them.

I was pretty meh about Pagans, so I’m surprised at how excited I am about this band again. Definitely want to see them on their next tour.

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

After one listen I liked this overall, but nothing quite jumped out to me like the run of singles did. Nothing bad, but no WOW moments.

3. Their set tonight was so good that I’m barely even upset they didn’t play Synthetica

4. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I liked it a lot before, but I think I'm starting to realize Now or Never Now might be their best song

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  5. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Title track is super dope too and really rocks live

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Not as good as Fantasies or Synthentica but a vast improvement over Pagans in Vegas for sure. Fortunes is a beautiful song but that record is half pretty good half filler..

Favorite tracks are still Love You Back, Underline the Black, Risk, and Art of Doubt (even if the build-up low key does not pay off).

7. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

I really liked a few tracks on Pagans tho but ya art of doubt is a nice return to form

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  8. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

9. irthesteve

10. irthesteve

11. irthesteve

12. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

These are awesome.

13. irthesteve

14. SteveLikesMusic

Blah I hate 7”s. I’d buy it if it was all on a 12.

15. irthesteve

16. irthesteve

17. irthesteve

New collab out Friday

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

ghostedaway and irthesteve like this.
  19. irthesteve

nice

20. SteveLikesMusic

Nice

21. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Nice

22. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Nice

23. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

V nice

24. SteveLikesMusic

New tune is solid

25. irthesteve

Guys, it’s true. No lie. We’re doing it. So much love and attention has been poured into the making of this album and our preparations for the Doomscroller Tour, I’m beyond thrilled to have a chance to make myself useful and help get you dancing your ass off. The moment has finally arrived where we can start sharing our work with you and I’m so pumped I really don’t even know where to begin…

Ok how about I start with our new album. It’s called Formentera and it comes out July 8, 2022. I’ve been writing down everything about the making of the album, trying to put into words an explanation of why Formentera is the title because I know you’re going to ask me. So here goes…

Even real places become imaginary when they are so far out of reach. Named for an idyllic island near Ibiza off the coast of Spain, Formentera is a place that, at least for us, only existed on a page in a “dream destinations” travel book that lay open on a desk in the new recording studio that Jimmy built in 2020, in a rural hamlet north of Toronto. This is the setting where our eighth (!) album took shape.

We came to this realization that it wasn’t even about an actual place anymore, it was about creating an escape for yourself in your mind because you’re powerless over so many things.

Now let’s talk about the first single, “All Comes Crashing.” You can hear it right now on all platforms. I like to refer to this song as an end-of-days banger. It’s a love song, but not one that is limited to romantic love because not everyone has conventional lives or conventional relationships. It’s more an expression of solidarity with whoever it is you would want to have beside you in the event of catastrophe. It’s dedicated to those you consider your family, whatever that looks like for you. And I think we all discovered exactly who that was over the past couple years.

The official video for “All Comes Crashing” was directed by visual artist/photographer Justin Broadbent. He did the artwork and videos for Synthetica and Art of Doubt, and he took the photo above too. I just absolutely love working with this guy, we have an almost spooky psychic connection that runs through all our collabs. You can check it out now on YouTube.