Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Metallica Band • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by redwing91007, Aug 18, 2016.

1. TomG

Trusted Supporter

Super underrated, it’s got some really awesome moments.

inwaves likes this.
  2. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

That Was Just Your Life is such a terrific opener. A classic Metallica song through and through.

3. marissalg

Trusted

So last night I took my dad to see Metallica for the very first time and it was just so great. They’re one of his favorite bands, but he honestly thought he’d never see them. He’s so selfless and never does anything just for him, so I knew he’d never buy tickets. The show was the day after his birthday so we gave him the tickets after he ate his cake and he was so shocked and excited. I’m lucky enough to have seen my favorite bands multiple times, so watching someone get to see their favorite band for the first time after liking them for 20+ years was really special. He had so much fun and even though I’m not super into them, they put on a really cool show.

4. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

That's awesome. Every Metallica fan deserve to see them live at least once.

Davjs and marissalg like this.
  5. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

My first concert was Metallica during their Load Tour in April ‘97

riotspray likes this.
  6. Davjs

Trusted

riotspray and Full Effect Ed like this.
  7. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

This was the tour. The burning man/explosion segment during Enter Sandman scared the living fuck out of me (I was 12 at the time) lol

riotspray and Davjs like this.
  8. Davjs

Trusted

Man that's cool! Was 12 year old you screaming the lyrics of So What when they kicked into it?

riotspray likes this.
  9. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I'm still super pissed I didn't get to go to that show. My date would have been the actual show that filmed for Cunning Stunts.

I was only 13 at the time and couldn't convince my parents to take me. I did get to see them a couple years later on the Reload tour. And every other time they've hit Dallas/Ft. Worth since then.

Davjs likes this.
  10. Davjs

Trusted

Even though I'm not the biggest fan of Load, they played my favorites off it, Aint My Bitch, Hero of the Day and Until It Sleeps!

chewbacca110 likes this.
  11. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Low Man's Lyric is my shit.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  12. inwaves

Justice remaster is out today. Can’t wait to dive into those demos and the Seattle ‘89 concert.

Davjs and riotspray like this.
  13. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Speaking of the Justice remaster...

beachdude, Davjs and inwaves like this.
  14. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

How is it? I'm almost terrified to listen, considering it's my favorite of theirs. Might not be able to unhear it.

15. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Let's get to the nitty gritty....

Can you finally hear Jason Newstead?

16. manoverboard365

Trusted

My thoughts exactly

17. inwaves

From what I’ve read, not much has changed with regard to the bass on the proper album, but on the demos you can really hear him. The “Work in Progess” mixes are apparently where you can really hear him.

18. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

"Let's haze our new bassist because he's not Cliff by making him non-existant on our new album!" So dumb lol.

19. inwaves

Not so sure that's the reason.

20. tomtom94

Trusted

Jason has admitted in interviews that he came into the band writing bass parts like he had done in Flotsam and Jetsam, where he was the lead songwriter and everyone else wrote around him, so his bass parts clash with the rhythm guitar and there is in fact a reason why they got scooped.

chewbacca110 and inwaves like this.
  21. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Not to mention no bands in their era/genre had any damn bass. Megadeth were the same way.

22. inwaves

Just listened to Blackened and One in the car, and yeah, this thing sounds goooood.

Davjs likes this.
  23. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Davjs and riotspray like this.
  24. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Davjs likes this.
  25. inwaves

I’m seeing them for the first time this weekend and I can’t believe it

riotspray likes this.