Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Metallica Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by redwing91007, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah thanks so much for posting that, it was def a good interview with someone who actually asked good questions. Wish it was longer :-)

I got tickets for the STL show, I'm interested in the new songs they'll play but I'm going to try and not spoil it so I'm surprised.

Steve_JustAGuy likes this.
  2. manoverboard365

Trusted

I watched This Monster Lives last night. It was a fun watch but nothing too special.

3. manoverboard365

Trusted

Due to album redemptions from ticket sales for this tour, Hardwired to Self Destruct re entered the charts at #2 with around 83k.

Genius marking idea. And obviously thats probably only like 5% of the redemption codes sent out, so I expect them to stay high on the charts for the next couple of weeks while more ticket buyers start to redeem them.

inwaves and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  4. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

Working on this discography, ...And Justice For All could be their best. Ride the Lightning sounded super self-indulgent, especially that boring ass instrumental song at the end.

JRGComedy likes this.
  5. manoverboard365

Trusted

I would rank AJFA much higher if I could actually hear some damn bass on it.

6. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Master of Puppets is my fav album, but Justice has some of my fav tracks

7. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Call of Ktulu boring? Are you fucking kidding me?

8. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Master of Puppets will always be my favorite, but Ride the Lightning is a very close second. Also, the Black album is one of the best rock recordings ever. It still sounds so huge.

Davjs and suicidesaints like this.
  9. In my honest opinion I think Ride The Lightning is the greatest metal/thrash album of all time. It was so ground breaking and I never heard anything like it.

Davjs, inwaves and suicidesaints like this.
  10. Davjs

Trusted

The S&M version of Ktulu is probably my all time favorite instrumental. Makes the perfect opener for them IMO, it'd be cool to see them open with it more.

11. Look up the remixed versions on Youtube.

12. inwaves

Hardwired is still so good. Some really great stuff on there.

13. Davjs

Trusted

I keep coming back to Hardwired, Atlas Rise, Dream No More, Moth into Flame, Halo on Fire and Spit Out The Bone.

Moth into Flame is climbing the ranks of my favorite Metallica songs.

Contender, JRGComedy and inwaves like this.
  14. inwaves

Moth Into Flame and Spit Out the Bone are seriously incredible.

15. manoverboard365

Trusted

Spit Out the Bone is one of the best Metallica tracks of the last 25 years.

16. Davjs

Trusted

Black Album was released 26 years ago so I agree lol. I'd like to add Fuel, All Nightmare Long, and Bleeding Me onto that statement too.

17. inwaves

I'm actually a big fan of Death Magnetic. The production has problems, but the songs themselves are great imo.

kyle and Davjs like this.
  18. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I'll go to bat for those first three songs, some of my favorites in their catalog. Also went back to Hardwired, and that album holds up very well for me.

inwaves likes this.
  19. Davjs

Trusted

I'm not a huge production guy so I can't ever hear anything wrong with albums that are said to have bad production. It all sounds great to me lol. It's a blessing I guess? :-)

20. Davjs

Trusted

Doing a top 10 songs Post Black Album sounds fun though!

1. All Nightmare Long
    2. Fuel
    3. Moth Into Flame
    4. No Leaf Clover
    5. Spit Out The Bone
    6. Cyanide
    7. Bleeding Me
    8. Devil's Dance
    9. Dream No More
    10. Hero of the Day

I'm not so sure about the order, kind of typed them as they came to mind.

inwaves likes this.
  21. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

The Memory Remains
    Fuel
    The Unforgiven II
    All Nightmare Long
    Cyanide
    Hero Of The Day
    I Disappear
    Moth Into Flame
    Halo On Fire
    Spit Out The Bone

Davjs and inwaves like this.
  22. inwaves

I want to do this but I admittedly haven't listened to Load and ReLoad enough, despite being a big Metallica fan.

23. I liked Death Magnetic a lot when it first came out. I haven't really listened to it since, though.

24. manoverboard365

Trusted

It's been a while since I listened to a lot of these albums, but I'll give it a go:

1) I Disappear
    2) No Leave Clover
    3) Until it Sleeps
    4) Fuel
    5) The Memory Remains
    6) Cyanide
    7) Atlas, Rise!
    8) Moth Into Flame
    9) Dream No More
    10) Spit Out the Bone

Davjs and inwaves like this.
  25. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Give them a chance. They're unfairly maligned if you ask me. A few lackluster tracks, but overall they're really good records with a few outstanding tracks. Load/Reload are much different than the 80s records, but they are still very solid rock albums.

Davjs likes this.