Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Metallica Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by redwing91007, Aug 18, 2016.

1. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I like that one, but Filmage is my favorite rock doc

2. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

I still need to see that one!

JRGComedy likes this.
  3. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Love a Year and a Half.

Just watched this the other day. If you're into Jason, check it out...

4. inwaves

Love that interview! Scuzz did a great interview with Deftones as well. I really like his enthusiasm as an interviewer.

5. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I'll have to check that out. I love Deftones.

6. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

top 10:
    the four horsemen
    call of the ktulu
    fade to black
    for whom the bell tolls
    battery
    one
    blackened
    through the never
    wherever i may roam
    unforgiven ii

7. Davjs

Trusted

I have never seen either of those Documentaries mentioned above. Looks like I have some homework...

JRGComedy likes this.
  8. inwaves

Oh you've gotta

Davjs likes this.
  9. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

If you're a Metallica (Black album era) fan, there's no way you can't watch A Year and a Half.

10. Davjs

Trusted

I'm a fan of it all! I gotta see it!

11. Davjs

Trusted

Just finished A Year and a Half and it was cool. I've never been on the Lars hate train, but man he seems hard to work with lol. What I got out of this the most is a reminder of how fantastic the production is on the black album.

inwaves likes this.
  12. Davjs

Trusted

Now I'm off to find 'Filmage' since someone mentioned it above.

JRGComedy likes this.
  13. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Free on Amazon Prime!

Davjs likes this.
  14. Davjs

Trusted

JRGComedy likes this.
  15. manoverboard365

Trusted

The tour announcement made me wanna go revisit Hardwired for the first time since November. Damn, this really is a great record. Probably my favorite since Black. Such a great record to throw on during a workout, really gets me pumped up!

inwaves likes this.
  16. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

It had the same effect for me. I agree with pretty much everything you said.

17. inwaves

Yeah the new album still rules. I'm really happy with it.

18. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Awesome interview with Lars (I know) from The Ringer (I know).

I mean, how many times would you guess you’ve played Creeping Death”?

I can tell you. I think it’s right around 1,800. We’ve played just under 2,000 shows. When I put together the set list, I have all these crazy show statistics that I sit with. I’ll sit with all the songs and how many times we’ve played it, and how many times we’ve played it in that specific city we’re in. So I can always change the set list and make it more special. If we’re in Baltimore, and we’ve never played “Wherever I May Roam” in Baltimore, it’s like, “Oh, I can put that in, and that’s special to Baltimore.” I have a little printout of that shit every day, as fucking pathetic as that sounds. So I can tell you we’ve played “Creeping Death” around 1,800 times, give or take a few.

19. manoverboard365

Trusted

Finally watched Some Kind of Monster for the first time. Damn, I've been a fan of Metallica for 20 years and I never realized how bad a place they were in during that st. anger era.

20. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Just discovered that there's a "follow up" to Some Kind of Monster called This Monster Lives that's like a 20 minute recap 10 years after SKOM. It's on Netflix.

inwaves likes this.
  21. Davjs

Trusted

Is it happier or will it make me sad again like SKOM?

I love that song (and almost all Metallica songs) and I see how that works well for an opener, but now that they are opening with Hardwired, I'd rather them switch it out for any other Ride song, including the title track :-)

22. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, so I don't know, but I'd assume it has a happier tone. I kind of wonder if it's a bonus feature from the DVD/Blu-Ray or something that I never noticed. I'd never even heard of it before stumbling across it on Netflix when I realized they had SKOM listed as Season 1 rather than a movie.

23. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Yeah it was a bonus feature on the 10 year anniversary edition. I haven't seen it either but now that it's on Netflix I'll get to it this weekend.

24. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Ah, gotcha. I probably have the DVD from the original release and never got the 10th anniversary one.

25. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I love Creeping Death, so if they play it anywhere in the set that's fine by me. I hope they play quite a few of the new ones on this trek.

It is awesome that he has stats on every song they've played. We all know these legacy acts play the same songs forever and ever, but putting a number on it, 1800 no less, is fantastic. He says in the interview that they never rehearse Seek and Destroy anymore and only play it live which is awesome.