Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Metallica Band • Page 24

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by redwing91007, Aug 18, 2016.

1. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Sounds cool!

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  2. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Life of Pablo is the only one I've ever been to, but I'll probably go to this.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  3. manoverboard365

Trusted

3 for 3.

4. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

This is the best of the 3 imo

5. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Not bad...definitely like it better than the first two.

6. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

7. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

manoverboard365 likes this.
  8. manoverboard365

Trusted

This album is shaping up to be fantastic.
    If this is their last album, they're going out with a bang.

Paulms85 likes this.
  9. Aurora Fire

What makes you think this is their last? They have slowed their touring schedule down to accommodate for their age/not destroy their bodies - I haven’t seen any indication that this is their end. I’m not sure they’ll ever hang it up (until they physically can’t play anymore)?

10. manoverboard365

Trusted

they haven’t said anything about hanging it up, I just have this weird feeling they’re gonna call it a day soon. Mainly their age and the difficult nature of performing thrash metal, James making comments about his wrists not having what it takes anymore. There was also that rumor late last year that Lars is having health issues.
    I hope they go on forever but if not, this massive world tour and this seemingly great album would be a hell of a swan song.

Paulms85 likes this.
  11. Aurora Fire

I always pictured them as a Rolling Stones type band, really - going on despite the tolls of age!

Of course, thrash/metal definitely has a much higher physical requirement than what the Stones do… and I can’t imagine them half-assing songs like Puppets, so who knows. I still don’t think this is the last record! Maybe one or two more in the tank still?

I’d also like to hear them revisit a little more of the Load-era stuff live before they say goodbye for good.

12. DimeStoreSaint

Regular Supporter

New album leaked on napster

Phantoms and Penlab like this.
  13. TomG

Trusted Supporter

14. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

At the theater for the global premiere right now

15. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Only got one listen in, but think it's their most consistent record in 30 years, doesn't have quite the highs of the last two, but better on average

16. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Metallica had a Weezer-like bad run with Load-ReLoad-Garage Days-St Anger but I think they've rebounded well with Death Magnetic and Hardwired. This continues that trend.

17. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I'm feeling the opposite; feels like a band completely out of any interesting ideas, that to compensate decide to drag on the songs for minutes longer than they should be. Not a fan of the production either, especially that kick drum

riotspray likes this.
  18. tomtom94

Trusted

The only thing I can think is I definitely remember an interview where they said they didn't see themselves performing these same songs night in night out once they hit 60.

19. manoverboard365

Trusted

Im only 3 songs in so far but hot damn this album rips

20. emojedi

Trusted

Weezer have no bad run. Just special runs.

21. Rawrz

Regular

Albums alright. One of their better modern albums. Still suffers a lot of the same issues I feel a lot of modern Metallica suffers from where songs feel like great 3-4 minute ideas that they then stretch out into longer more repetitive versions thus suffering.

Phantoms, Contender and ChaseTx like this.
  22. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Never been a fan of this band, liked songs here and there

I love this new record though, when 72 Seasons dropped something about that song clicked with me. Like the lyrics and journey of it? These new tracks are fire. I’m in love with this guy’s voice and lyrics. Went on a run and put this on and I’ve been vibing to it hard. Will be on heavy repeat this week.

It'saDoneDeal and ChaseTx like this.
  23. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Can’t wait to listen.

Loved Hardwired more than anything since the glory days - Death Magnetics songs are there but the production is weird to me. “Spit Out The Bone” is a top 10 song in their catalog.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  24. tomtom94

Trusted

Didn't immediately grab me like Hardwired on first listen but the title track is great

Aurora Fire and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  25. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Overall pretty good with a few standouts. I just think all these songs are too long

Phantoms and riotspray like this.