Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Metallica Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by redwing91007, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Man, that is a weird opinion haha. Not that there's anything wrong with that, if anything I'm going to go back to the Load/Reload era today.

beachdude42 likes this.
  2. Davjs

Trusted

It's one of three I always go back to on DM, as well as All Nightmare Long and My Apocalypse!

Sometimes I do the last minute or so of The Day that Never Comes because that solo/jam is so amazing.....but the song itself sounds like a Load/Reload bside.

JRGComedy likes this.
  3. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I actually don't think there's much filler on ReLoad, personally. And then you've just cut "Outlaw Torn" and "The House that Jack Built" and "Mama Said" and "Low Man's Lyric" and "Where the Wild Things Are" and "Fixxxer" and "Prince Charming", all of which I like a lot.

JRGComedy likes this.
  4. Davjs

Trusted

I'm the opposite, where I think Load as the less filler. House, Mamma and Outlaw are good tracks, but if I were going to make one disc I'd have to leave em out for the others. The Reload tracks you listed I just can't get into really, which is a shame because I am a super metallica fan and want very much to like it all!

5. cshadows2887

I know this is blasphemy, and granted it's been a few years since I've really listened to ReLoad, but "The House That Jack Built" has always been my favorite on it.

6. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Low Man's Lyric, Outlaw Torn and Fixxxer are all great.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  7. Davjs

Trusted

it's from Load! My favorite on Load is probably Hero of the Day (and oh man that S&M version where is acoustic and orchestra until the bridge where the drum double bass kicks in!) and from Reload it has to be Fuel, that song never ceases to rock so hard no matter how many times I hear it.

JRGComedy likes this.
  8. Davjs

Trusted

Can we attempt to do a top ten songs from this band? Gonna be pretty hard....

9. cshadows2887

Shit. I knew that. Pure typo while grading really bad papers. Haha

And yeah the S&M versions of the Load and ReLoad really take flight because they were already more melodic in style.

Davjs likes this.
  10. Davjs

Trusted

You're a teacher!? Where were cool ones who jammed Metallica when I was in school....

And yeah, the S&M versions breathed new life into many Metallica songs for me that I always passed over, like Devil's Dance.

11. Davjs

Trusted

My personal 10 ten, but Whiplash and Sad But True are creeping close.

Ride the Lightning
    Master of Puppets
    Battery
    Fuel
    Through the Never
    For Whom the Bell Tolls
    Hero of the Day
    All Nightmare Long
    Whiskey in a Jar ( I know, I know, weird choice but its so catchy and I love it)
    No Leaf Clover

12. cshadows2887

The kids in detention next door get to leave early if they guess my music after school through the wall. And Justice for All got a few out early.

Davjs likes this.
  13. cherrywaves

Trusted

Tried to make a top 10, but St Anger is 11 songs and I can't narrow it down

DeviantRogue, SpyKi and Davjs like this.
  14. cherrywaves

Trusted

Damn Chris that sounds like an awesome detention. If you really want them to learn a lesson, have them sit through Lulu

15. cshadows2887

Fade to Black
    Master of Puppets
    Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
    To Live Is to Die
    Nothing Else Matters
    The House That Jack Built
    Bleeding Me
    The Memory Remains
    The Unforgiven II
    I Disappear
    All Nightmare Long

11 was the best I could do. Even that was tough.

Edit:
    SHIT I forgot "No Leaf Clover". 12 IS THE BEST I CAN DO!!!!

SpyKi likes this.
  16. Davjs

Trusted

Thank you for actually making me lol.

Frantic and the Unknown Feeling I can actually get down with though.

17. Davjs

Trusted

Love it! The Mission Impossible song! That song and video are amazing.

Your list makes me feel like a terrible person for leaving Nothing Else Matters and Bleeding Me out....

18. cshadows2887

"Unknown Feeling" was a late cut from my list of 12. Best song on there by quite a bit.

19. Davjs

Trusted

I know it's super unpopular, but I didn't think Lulu was too bad. Different for sure.

20. Davjs

Trusted

Did you guys know that the riff in that song is from a Nickelback song?

21. cshadows2887

Lulu was atrocious. But that's because it was Lou Reed at his most deliberately difficult. Metallica were really just his house band on that project. Anyone that goes for the knees on Metallica's reputation off that record is just looking for a cheap shot. Their co-headline billing was just contractual.

22. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Wow. Having been the HUGEST Metallica fan for nearly 20 years, some of these lists are surprising. I love it all though.

Disposable Heroes would definitely make my top 10 though.

Davjs likes this.
  23. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

What song?

24. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm going to have to revisit those first four too. Legitimately had no clue I'd be such an outlier until I actually wrote that post haha

Steve_JustAGuy likes this.
  25. Davjs

Trusted

Had no idea they toured together lol. To be fair, I liked Lu before this so I didn't find it terrible. I forget about it all the time though if that says anything.

Disposable is awesome. I mean, I could make a list with totally different songs on it and they'd still all be 10/10 songs. They just have so many....

I just listened to it and I'm wrong lol, there are slight similarities in the riff on each song's opening, only Metallica's is slowed down.

I remember them sounding so much closer, but then again I haven't listened to this Nickelback album since I was like 16 and I'm 30.

JRGComedy likes this.