Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Metallica Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by redwing91007, Aug 18, 2016.

1. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

So this just dropped.

2. jorbjorb

7 rings

awwwww :(

3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Any good?

4. cherrywaves

Trusted

I mean it's way too clean sounding but it's not that bad

5. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

It's pretty much exactly what I was expecting which I guess is a good thing

6. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Most surprising thing about the single is that it's 3 minutes long. That said, I enjoyed it. Continuing the Death Magnetic sound.

7. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, sounds like Death Magnetic, which is as good as I could have hoped for. The pre-Black album days are long behind them, but at least this is fast, heavy and not 11 minutes long.

8. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

I enjoyed this quite a bit; that riff is the best they've done in a long time. Definitely concerned about the length of the record, but I'll always be a metallica stan.

9. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Guess I have to go back to their catalog a bunch this fall

10. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

My love for Metallica has been reignited recently. I love the first five albums and I actually dug Death Magnetic a great deal, production issues aside. I need to revisit Load and ReLoad and see how I feel about them.

Davjs likes this.
  11. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Between Load and ReLoad there's a pretty decent hard rock album. And even St. Anger has some nuggets of goodness, but the production issues hold it back. Most of the songs could be cut by 1/3 to 1/2 in length too.

As for DM, have you heard the Guitar Hero remasters? They make it that much more enjoyable.

12. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Load is 2/3 excellent, 1/3 utter filler.

JRGComedy likes this.
  13. Where can you get the Guitar Hero masters?

14. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

They're on YouTube here:

15. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I see this thread isn't very active, but I've been making my way through the discography since for some reason I'd never listened to a full Metallica album. Didn't like the first four much, but Metallica blew me away and I also loved Load/Reload. The shift from ...And Justice for All to Metallica is insane.

16. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Is St. Anger generally disliked? I really dig it, even though the production's not my favorite.

17. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

You my friend are the opposite of most fans. Master of Puppets is my favorite, but I think there are enjoyable songs on every album in their catalog.

18. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

This is up there with the weirder opinions you've had, haha. Make sure you check out S&M at some point, I feel like you'd probably prefer those versions of the earlier tracks (I do too) and it has the best versions of a lot of stuff from Black/Load/Reload too.

I like Kill 'Em All/Justice/Death Magnetic, love Master of Puppets/Ride the Lighting and only really like select songs from Black/Load/Reload. There's nothing I enjoy about St. Anger.

This is pretty much what got me into the band, ha.

19. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Dude, the first 4 records are essential, but I'm glad that you're getting into the band nonetheless. Check out S&M like the guy above me said... may help you get into some of the other stuff.

St. Anger is generally disliked, but I agree... outside of the production and some of the songs going on a little long, there are some cool riffs and ideas on that album.

beachdude42 and cshadows2887 like this.
  20. Decided to finally give their discography a listen. St Anger, Black Album, S&M and Death Magnetic are the only ones I've heard atm

21. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Damn, I did not expect that haha. I'll revisit the first four records later but through the first run they never made more of an impression on me then "this is fine". Didn't expect to be the opposite of the general consensus, though I'm no stranger to having weird opinions.

JRGComedy likes this.
  22. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, literally 99% of Metallica fans prefer the pre-Black album stuff.

beachdude42 and Davjs like this.
  23. Davjs

Trusted

Ride the Lightning is my absolute favorite, with the title track being their best jam. I second @SpyKi on S&M. Songs like One and Fuel sound so much better on that album IMO. I can see how their selftitled black album would be the easiest jumping on point for someone who hasn't really listened to them. It's the album that got me into them when I was little.

beachdude42 and JRGComedy like this.
  24. Davjs

Trusted

True, stretching it out into 2 albums didn't really work IMO.
    Should have been one album with: Ain't My Bitch, Until It Sleeps, King Nothing, Hero of the Day, Bleeding Me, Fuel, Memory Remains, Devil's Dance, Unforgiven 2, and Better Than You.

25. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I love this song