Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Metallica Land Sixth No. 1 Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Metallica tops the Billboard charts this week.

Metallica scores its sixth No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart with the arrival of Hardwired… to Self-Destruct. The set debuts atop the list with 291,000 equivalent album units earned in the week ending Nov. 24, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 282,000 were in traditional album sales.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  2. Massive numbers. Easily the biggest rock debut of the year. I forgot Metallica was up against Bruno Mars. Crazy that they beat him out.

3. Joe DeAndrea

Regular Supporter

Lol holy shit this outsold Bruno

4. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Awesome

Turkeylegz likes this.
  5. Davjs

Trusted

Congrats, album is awesome! Glad it beat out pop, even though I think Bruno actually has some good songs for pop.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  6. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Yeah I don't mind Bruno. Can't say I go out of my way to actually listen to much of his stuff, but I respect the shit out of his performing.

7. I've never liked Bruno before (save for "Uptown Funk"), but yes, his new album has a handful of incredible songs on it.

JRGComedy and Davjs like this.
  8. defmytones

Regular

Wildly impressive number. Album is great.

9. goation

Regular

The Weeknd is gonna crush next week. 400,000 projected

10. Is that so? I imagine a large portion of that number will be SEA, not traditional sales. I seriously can't stand his album though.

11. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Pretty mediocre album, but still not surprised at the numbers

12. goation

Regular

Yeah I imagine so. 282,000 traditional album sales for Metallica is amazing. I think it says a lot about their fan base though.

I love Starboy and hated Trilogy and his debut. I feel very much in the minority haha

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  13. I think I'm in the majority that thinks even when his songs are decent, he's just a BAD singer. Everything he does is vocally immature to me. But as far as Starboy goes, I've only heard about half of the album, but from those songs, I haven't heard a single chorus with a memorable melody (sadly because most of the choruses lack melodies altogether, hahah). I realize it's a trend currently to let the music provide the chorus hooks (we see this from Justin Bieber to Jason Derulo), but it's a trend I'm only getting more and more tired of.

I mean...if you enjoy it though... :teethsmile::teethsmile::teethsmile::teethsmile::teethsmile: ...sorry for deucing all over it.

14. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Very cool. Congrats to the band.

15. Davjs

Trusted

They also give a lot back to their fans and are really active for a band this old. Their YouTube page is always releasing live shows, meet and greets and not to mention them doing a video for every song on the album, including a b-side :-)

16. Shordeli

Gonna have to disagree. I think he's actually a great singer. He wasn't so hot live for a little while (which he admits) but he got his shit together and seems to be killing it now. Dude definitely has pipes, but I get why it's not for everyone.

17. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

For some reason it's not shocking at all that only 9k of those were from streaming

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  18. It's fine that you disagree, and I'd need to watch some live videos to judge his un-produced performances accordingly. I mean, if he kills it live, good for him! It's really all the difference "voices" he falls into (whether on purpose or not) that ruin his singing for me.