Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Metallica - Hardwired...To Self-Destruct (November 18, 2016) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by kyle, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Davjs

Trusted

Sounds awesome! I always thought Load/Reload got a bad rap, esp Load.

2. lolzeyes

Watch the Metallica YT channel. They'll be releasing videos for every song the next few hours

inwaves, redwing91007 and Davjs like this.
  3. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Why are they releasing more songs prior to the release? I though they said that those first 3 were gonna be it until the 18th?

4. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

They know the album is out there and this is their way of doing a stream I guess. Makes sense that they can push people to YouTube where they will at least make some money as opposed to grabbing a leak.

Davjs likes this.
  5. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I guess the leak was the determining factor.

6. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

I mean they had to expect it to leak, maybe not as early as it did but still. The plan to release a video for every song was in place a long time ago.

7. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I meant the timing of releasing the videos. I guess they decided to put the videos out now rather than waiting until after the album release because of the leak.

Davjs and redwing91007 like this.
  8. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Davjs likes this.
  9. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I think I was a little harsh on this album after my first listen. I've listened through 3-4 more times now and I'm really enjoying it. Not as much as their previous records, but I think that's just because I've cooled off on them a bit over the last decade or so.

smoke4thecaper and KidLightning like this.
  10. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Spit Out the Bone is the best song they've done in a long time imo

11. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Actually really excited to get this tomorrow. I like what I've listened to so far a lot.

12. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Does the main riff (first comes in around 40 seconds) remind anyone else of "Beat It"?

13. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

I'm digging this a lot actually. Can't say yet whether I like it more than Death Magnetic, but I'm definitely enjoying it quite a bit. James sounds fantastic.

Davjs and KidLightning like this.
  14. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Got through Disc 1 in the car. Not much in the way of major stand-outs but rock solid. Looking forward to the rest.

15. Yup

16. Davjs

Trusted

Agreed, James sounds better than ever in this.

I listened a couple times through, so far I really dig it. Even though Death Magnetic has 3 of my favs (All nightmare long, Cyanide and My Apocalypse) I think I may like this one a little more. I echo all the love for Spit out the Bone.

17. cshadows2887

"ManUNkind" is lower tier on this album but DAMN that super southern metal riff

inwaves likes this.
  18. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Echoing the love for Cyanide and All Nightmare Long. Busted out Guitar Hero Metallica tonight in honor of the new album!

inwaves likes this.
  19. cshadows2887

"All Nightmare Long" might have a shot at a career top 10 honestly. That song rips.

20. slimfenix182

Yeah "All Nightmare Long" is easily my favorite on Death Magnetic.

beachdude42 and Davjs like this.
  21. Davjs

Trusted

I always felt like it was a missed opportunity to not have that as the first single. Would have made old school fans go crazy. The Day that Never Comes made me think it'd be another load/reload.

22. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

If you only watch one of the 13 videos Metallica made for this album...

23. slimfenix182

I'm really loving this. Got the deluxe one with the 3rd disc too. The album art is weird and I actually really like it. Spit Out The Bone is awesome. Album will be my gym soundtrack for the near future.

KidLightning likes this.
  24. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Haven't even end gotten to disc 2 yet and this is already better than St Anger and Death Magnetic. Definitely agree with the comparisons to Load/Reload

25. cshadows2887

Disc 2 is the WAY better one.