Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Metallica - Hardwired...To Self-Destruct (November 18, 2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by kyle, Aug 18, 2016.

1. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

lol this is funny, cd version vs guitar hero version of one of the tracks from death magnetic

[​IMG]

DeviantRogue and Joe4th like this.
  2. cherrywaves

Trusted

Yeah that album was hard to physically listen to.

This song sounds a little better, but like I said, too clean sounding. Plus the drums sound like shit

3. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Laughably bad cover hahaha

4. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

This is one of those album covers where you are glad there is digital streaming or purchasing haha. You can either change or ignore the cover much easier than a physical copy.

5. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah that cover is terrible. Metallica went from having some of the best/most iconic album covers ever to having the some of the absolute worst/most laughable covers ever.

6. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I've never really been that deterred by a bad cover, tbh. It's just an album cover.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  7. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Davjs and redwing91007 like this.
  8. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Whenever I watch Lars during a live performance, he looks like he's just sort of hitting the drums like a toddler would hit pots & pans lol

KidLightning likes this.
  9. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I kinda love the cover. It's so bad and ridiculous that it works.

And I remember when someone released mp3's of the Guitar Hero version of Death Magnetic, it made that album so much more enjoyable to listen to.

10. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Also, I like the new song. My only issue with it is that it's so predictable. I knew exactly where it was going to go at every turn.

I was a little excited when the solo was starting and there was that little scratchy screech sound, and I thought it might be something a new and unique, but it quickly went into standard territory.

I do hope that this song is to this album what "Blood on the Sand" was to Thrice's recent album though – a short, fast jam that's not really indicative of the rest of the album.

smoke4thecaper likes this.
  11. smoke4thecaper

Considering the length of the album vs. the number of tracks, I'd say you may very well be correct! haha

KidLightning likes this.
  12. cherrywaves

Trusted

That's the thing that kills me, the single is under three minutes, putting the rest of the album at....11 songs at 77 minutes?

KidLightning likes this.
  13. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Safe bet we're getting more than one song that cracks 10 minutes

14. smoke4thecaper

This is going to be like a Between the Buried and Me album

15. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Looking forward to hearing this when it comes out but I'm not 100% sold on that single. Musically it's great but Hetfied isn't sound his best there.

16. They're performing live on Howard Stern in a few minutes, should be good. And the interview should be interesting, as well, Howard always gets the most out of people.

Fox83 and Davjs like this.
  17. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Is there any way to listen if you're not a Sirius/XM subscriber?

18. JM95

Trusted

Davjs likes this.
  19. Davjs

Trusted

I dig it a ton. Kind of liked Hardwired better, but overall I'm excited for the album. Pretty rockin for dudes in their 50s....

20. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Yeah I dig this new song quite a bit.

Cautiously optimistic about the rest of this thing.

KidLightning likes this.
  21. I have a subscription so I'm not sure. But I'd have to guess it'll be posted somewhere.

22. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

23. Davjs

Trusted

They have the music video out on youtube, that's how I found it. It was in my subscription list.

24. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I got the song... wondering about how to hear the rest of the interview...

25. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Ahh okay. Some of it is here. Hopefully more will be uploaded soon