Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Metallica / Avenged Sevenfold / Volbeat / Gojira Tour • Page 7

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Davjs

Trusted

I'm cool with that. If I understand correctly he'll be playing in-between sets during gear set up/checking which is nice.

suicidesaints likes this.
  2. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

That's what I got too, I'm all for this.

Davjs likes this.
  3. kidinthebushes

Trusted

marsvoltamcr and suicidesaints like this.
  4. kidinthebushes

Trusted

New date at Newton, IA on 6/09.

redwing91007 likes this.
  5. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Odd to see Local H in the running.

6. Davjs

Trusted

Very strange. I did see them live once at a festival and they are fun and interesting to watch though, so I wouldn't mind.

7. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I guess Upon a Burning Body didn't make it to the finals.

8. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Don't forget to stop by the merch stand to get your $100 genuine Metallica cock ring.

suicidesaints and kidinthebushes like this.
  9. Davjs

Trusted

I mean, they had a point about pirating. Shame they took so much heat for something that should have gone unsaid.

10. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I don't blame them for what they did back then, but that video is hilarious and brings back lots of memories.

redwing91007 and Davjs like this.
  11. Davjs

Trusted

The best skit to come from the Napster thing was the South Park episode :-)

12. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Also, I have pirated LOTS of stuff, but I buy every Metallica album, and for a long time I bought every cassette, CD single, DVD, piece of merch, etc. that I could get my hands on.

Davjs likes this.
  13. Davjs

Trusted

Back before kids I used to buy every piece of physical media as well. Now the only thing I really buy is vinyl. It doesn't help that digital is trying to phase out physical media as well....

14. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I agree. I don't buy nearly as much physical media as I used to but I still try to spend money supporting things I enjoy. I go to shows, buy merch, support kickstarters and patreons.

I understand why Metallica took the stance they did against Napster, but they really should have embraced it. Metallica might not need the exposure but if it weren't for piracy, there are literally hundreds, maybe even thousands of bands that I would never have known about/given my money to. Besides, unless you have a sweet setup like Metallica, how much money do you really make off of record sales anyways. I think artists that give away their music for free (Run The Jewels, Chance the Rapper, etc.) have it figured out. But things are a lot different now than they were in 2000.

swboyd likes this.
  15. Davjs

Trusted

Absoultely, I love that patreon and things of that nature are a thing. Bands doing the pledge music thing like Story of the Year got my backing asap.

But yeah, Metallica didn't have a ton of foresight into that being the future of the music business, I think all they saw was how hard they worked to make their stuff that people were just taking for free. I don't think they thought about it too much, which I get.

16. kidinthebushes

Trusted

17. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Probably a long shot, but I'll put it out there...

If anyone has an extra ticket or two (GA) for the Dallas show, please let me know.

18. Chuck!

Regular

Found out yesterday that I won Snake Pit passes for the Philly show. I'm still on cloud nine

19. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Duuuuuuude. I'm so jealous. Have fun. That's gonna be an amazing time.

Chuck! likes this.
  20. Chuck!

Regular

I never win anything, but I'm glad I saved all my luck for this one

21. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

If there was ever a contest to win, this (or the meet and greet) was the one, man.

Chuck! likes this.
  22. Davjs

Trusted

The tour kicked off yesterday! In the chance that they aren't switching it up every night, I'm going to duck out of here so I can go into the show without knowing what is being played.

I'll be back after June 4th. Excited!

23. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

FUCK I NEED A TICKET!

24. Chuck!

Regular

Don't love the setlist, so I'm happy that they'll swap out a number of things before my show tomorrow

25. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Setlist is kinda short, and I agree, it's not all that exciting. Still dying to get a ticket, but hope they mix it up a bit throughout the tour.