Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Metallica / Avenged Sevenfold / Volbeat / Gojira Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Feb 10, 2017.

1. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I've been debating this all day and will probably keep debating until I eventually buy a ticket.

Do I drop $200+ on the best seat possible and hope for the best?

Do I get the cheapest ticket possible and just be glad to be there/hope I can sneak closer?

Do I just skip out all together since stadium tours suck?

2. swboyd Feb 13, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 13, 2017)
    swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Because I'm cheap and don't want to pay $55 bucks plus fees for nosebleed seats in a hot stadium in the middle of June to see an aging Metallica and two bands I generally don't care about. I'd love to see Metallica at some point under the right circumstances, but Soldier Field is a terrible venue for concerts. If this were an arena show with slightly better support, I'd probably buy tickets on Friday.

suicidesaints likes this.
  3. swboyd

2 or 3.

4. Davjs

Trusted

It's Metallica so one of the first 2 options. Who knows how much longer they will be at it and sound this good.

5. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I think I'm in the same mind set as you.

I LOVE Metallica. Like my entire bedroom walls and ceiling were covered in Metallica stuff from age 12 until I moved out of my parent's house. BUT the openers do nothing for me, stadium tours are shitty and I don't want to spend this kind of money unless I know I'm gonna be front and center.

I dropped $160 for a Kanye ticket and would do it again in a heartbeat, but that was at an indoor arena and I was like 20 feet from Ye.

6. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Probably leaning towards 2 bc of my post above. I've seen them 8 times (if I'm counting correctly) and would love to see them again, but the circumstances are disappointing.

7. Go big or go home. If you aren't on the ground level anywhere else sucks for sound in stadiums.

8. swboyd

That Ye show sounds phenomenal and I am currently very jealous.

9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I just really want to see A7X so I'm honestly bummed this is coming to Chicago. Would've preferred Avenged play a headlining show. Like other said, I may go but it depends on pricing. I've never been a huge Metallica fan and I watched them for a little bit at Lolla. Still it's not like I'd mind seeing them. Basically, I'm torn. I wonder how long A7X will play for.

10. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I'd say Volbeat will get 30, A7X will get an hour and Metallica will play close to 2. Here's my breakdown:

Doors: 6pm
    Volbeat: 7-730
    A7X: 8-9
    Metallica: 930-11/11:15

11. Darth Annihilus

Regular

I went to the show that all 3 bands played at in Minnesota last year and both A7X and Volbeat played 10 songs. It seemed like they played close to the same amount of time.

kidinthebushes likes this.
  12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

No Volbeat at my date so I wonder if a7x gets more or just a shorter show

13. Are you getting Gojira instead ?

14. kidinthebushes

Trusted

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  15. Cmoney86

Trusted

Not in Chicago they usually go up closer to the show. I wanted to see Pearl Jam last year at wrigley field and I thought they would drop instead they went up so that's not always true

16. manoverboard365

Trusted

Wish they had better openers, but I'm stoked for this show. Will be going to the Rose Bowl show.

Gonna do the presale tomorrow, have to do the the cheapest price tier ($55 before fees) so hopefully my seats aren't too shitty.

17. It really boggles my mind how many people complain about Avenged Sevenfold. A lot worse than them.

Cgarnsay and Davjs like this.
  18. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Lmfao same here.

19. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Probably a shorter show if it's just A7X and Metallica. I'm guessing doors will be at 7, A7X playing a shorter set from 8-845, then Metallica from 915 until 1045/11.

20. manoverboard365

Trusted

I noticed some shows without Volbeat has Gojira. Havent listened to them yet but I've heard good things about their last record.

21. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Yeah, A7X and Gojira are playing the final six shows.

22. atlas

Trusted

Given that Gojira are on this tour I found it appropriate to post this video that I love very much

23. swboyd

Yeah. But they're still bad. I'd love it if Gojira was on the whole tour. That might motivate me to actually spend the money on seeing this.

24. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Metallica can't sell out stadiums on their own (c'mon, guys), so that's why they got Avenged Sevenfold. Two acts that can pack arenas = stadium tour.

Plus, this is Metallica's first stadium tour since their trek with Guns N Roses in the early 90's.

EDIT: Forgot about Summer Sanitarium in 2000.

25. They aren't bad. They just get to much unwarranted shit in my opinion.