Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Metallica / Avenged Sevenfold / Volbeat / Gojira Tour • Page 13

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Feb 10, 2017.

1. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

You were at the Seattle show right? I was too, so think they said it about all of them haha. Because it was right after the group drum solo.

theagentcoma likes this.
  2. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Yep! Was a fun time. Except "Halo of Fire" drags on for goddamn ever

3. Davjs

Trusted

-St Anger I get.
    -Lars's ego have never bugged me. HIs band is legendary, let him have an ego. Most people would.
    -Lars' drummer is fine. Was listening to Death Magnetic the other day and man is he great on it. Hardwired is the album I think it's kinda plain, but he's mid 50s so what are you gonna do. His drumming as always fit their sound and doesn't ever hinder their sound. People give him way too much grief.
    -On their most recent tour I they only played 5 Black songs. It is their biggest album so I guess you can't escape it.
    -Even though Lulu didn't hit for me, its so cool they collaborated with Lu Reed and tried something different.

Man that's rough lol, poor Lars. I guess rolling with the punches is all he can do.

For sure, that ending kills though. It sounded so good live, I was happy I saw it for just that even tough when it started I was bummed they were using a setlist slot for that.

4. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Some of the videos they played during their songs made no sense lol

5. Davjs

Trusted

If the songs played had music videos, I think those were played. That was the case for Halo and Unforgiven. I did love how every song had a different thing on the screen. Had the best production I've seen for a rock show for sure.

6. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Of the big legendary metal bands, yes Metallica gets shit on more than the others.

I just hear mostly complaints about Lars and Kirk not being able to play as well as they used to. I still think they are pretty great, but I don't think the complaints are misguided.

I've been defending the band since Load came out, so I'm kind of used to metal elitists giving them a hard time. I've stepped back from my fanboy-ness a little, and can recognize they're not the gods I once thought they were, but they're still awesome to me.

Davjs likes this.
  7. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Lars is the Ringo of Metallica.

Dude seems super talented though and deserves the ego he has.

suicidesaints and Davjs like this.
  8. Davjs

Trusted

Didn't they release a great album last year and kill it a few months ago at your date like they did mine? I can't see how they aren't the gods they are, esp in their age. I wonder how many metal bands in their prime now will last that long and still be going strong.

9. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

you're right. fanboy-ness re-engaged

skurt and Davjs like this.
  10. Davjs

Trusted

B-)B-)B-) :thumbup::thumbup:

suicidesaints likes this.