Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Metallica / Avenged Sevenfold / Volbeat / Gojira Tour • Page 11

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Feb 10, 2017.

1. BoldTitan

Trusted

When they say GA can start lining up at 2...will the be some unofficial line like 200 feet away beforehand probably?

suicidesaints likes this.
  2. OdeToTheSun

Ø

Probably so. I feel like I'm gonna be screwed regardless and I'll be pissed. I emailed them again because Metallica even has it on their website that people can start at 8am, but they'll probably just tell me the same thing as the first response.

3. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Unless you are dead set on being on the barricade, I'm 99% confident you can show up at 2 (or even 4 when the doors open) and get a REALLY good spot on the floor.

Just my experience with the Dallas show. I got there early, got wristband number 400-ish, came back at 2 to get in line, got into the stadium at 4 and was standing next to people with wristband number 30 (I was like 3 people from the rail). There were people walking into the stadium at 4:30-5 and standing 5 feet behind me.

4. OdeToTheSun

Ø

If this dude that I talked to in the Orlando event page on Facebook isn't just messing with me, I won't have to worry about anything at all now because I'll be in the snake pit \m/

5. BoldTitan

Trusted

What!?

6. BoldTitan

Trusted

Worried about rain. 40-50% all the way until 8pm tomorrow

7. OdeToTheSun

Ø

Talked to some dude that won Snake Pit passes who's also going alone and he's letting me have his extra one.

Frenzyofdeceit and suicidesaints like this.
  8. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

That's AMAZING. Hope it happens for you.

Davjs and Frenzyofdeceit like this.
  9. OdeToTheSun

Ø

IT DID. CURRENTLY HERE WAITING FOR METALLICA TO START.

Chuck!, Cgarnsay and suicidesaints like this.
  10. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

How was it?

11. Cgarnsay

Trusted

I need three tickets for Detroit, anyone have any? Seats preferable.

12. OdeToTheSun

Ø

Honestly seems like a dream because I still can't believe it happened, haha. Doubt any other concert will ever top it. During A7X, Got a fist bump from M. Shadows and Zacky Vengeance gave me one of his picks right in my hand. Got a fist bump from Kirk and shook James' hand too. Full on fan boy mode. Only thing that would've made it a little better was if Metallica had played Creeping Death or Ride The Lightning.

Frenzyofdeceit, Chuck! and Davjs like this.
  13. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

That's awesome man. I was on the right side (outside) of the snake pit just a few people back and even weeks later it still seems like a dream. If I had shook hand's with one of them I'd have been ecstatic, but it was still pretty surreal to see them so close up. Glad you had a good time.

On another note, I'm going to see a tribute band called "Masters of Puppets" on Saturday. Still yearning for more live Metallica, I guess.

Chuck!, OdeToTheSun and Davjs like this.
  14. Davjs

Trusted

If I had either gotten Ride the Lightning or Fight Fire with Fire would have made me lose it. I'm happy with what I got though. Did you guys think Fade To Black sounded fantastic live?

15. BoldTitan

Trusted

I honestly thought Volbeat was great but A7X wasn't that good. They kept turning down his vocals at the high notes, not sure if it was bad mixing or he was having trouble. Obviously not my crowd, but I for sure should have gotten a seat. Being up close to Metallica was awesome, but the amount of slimy back hair I got shoved into and standing in the sun since 2pm was brutal.

Metallica put on an incredible show.

16. Davjs

Trusted

I didn't even get A7X :tear: I know I paid for them though lol.

17. OdeToTheSun

Ø

We got Fight Fire With Fire! It was sick and yeah, so was Fade To Black.

18. Davjs

Trusted

Super jelly :tear:

I know they switched out a few songs, so I think if I were to get Fight Fire with Fire or Ride the Lightning it would have replaced Battery, and also Fuel might have been Memory Remains so I can't complain.

19. Chuck!

Regular

Hell yeah, it was a highlight of the night for me

Davjs likes this.
  20. Davjs

Trusted

I'm with you bro.

OdeToTheSun and suicidesaints like this.
  21. OdeToTheSun

Ø

Miami got Creeping Death tonight, so I'm jealous.

22. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Davjs likes this.
  23. Davjs

Trusted

Watched it last night while I edited some stuff. Cool that they played Blackened for the encore, did not expect that. My date got Battery (which I preferred) but it would have been a nice surprise.

24. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I watched part of it. I will say that their flaws are a lot more apparent when you're listening to through a soundboard versus hearing it live. The "I Disappear solo" did NOT sound good, but otherwise it was pretty fun to watch and a nice way to cap off the tour.

25. Davjs

Trusted

Agreed, it reminds me of those yahoo streams. Its super cool that they do them but the sound quality straight off the board is horrible. Even great bands sound really bad