Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Metallica / Avenged Sevenfold / Volbeat / Gojira Tour • Page 10

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Feb 10, 2017.

1. BoldTitan

Trusted

Is this the norm? How do I find out what my venue is doing

2. buttsfamtbh

Trusted

caught metallica and volbeat at rock on the range. volbeat sucked. metallica was fucking awesome. creeping death is my favorite metallica song and it fucking murdered me

3. OdeToTheSun

Ø

Damn.. I'm planning on going to my date early, but I don't think I'd want to go that early, haha. It'd be totally worth it though, I guess.

4. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Apparently they sent an email to ticket holders the night before the show letting them know that they'd be doing the wrist band thing, but I bought my ticket on the secondary market so I never got an email. I guess it's normal for the venue my show was at, but I've never encountered it ANYWHERE else EVER. It was all good though. I was still about 3 rows from the side of the snake pit.

5. suicidesaints Jun 18, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 19, 2017)
    suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

It was pretty awesome. I spent all day running around and worrying about getting a good spot, but once the doors opened all was good. I was on the right side of the snake pit about 3 people from the barricade. Kirk was soloing like 10 feet in front of my face, it was great. I thought the setlist was a little lacking, but it was still an amazing performance, and getting to see them that close up was something I'd been craving for 20+ years.
    Side note: I caught an A7X guitar pick. Also, I'll try to get some pictures posted in the next couple of days if I can get my phone to cooperate.

Chuck! likes this.
  6. Davjs

Trusted

Man you got close! I was pretty far away. Bummer since the band wasn't close, but I was able to see their incredible stage production/pyro/fireworks ect so I guess there is a silver lining.

It looks like you got Memory Remains where I got Fuel, Motorbreath where I got Whiplash and Blackened for their encore opener where I got Battery. When they played Battery they did the same they did with Hardwired where the intro was played over the PA and the band kicked in with the song. I think it worked for Hardwired but wanted them to play the Battery intro themselves. Small complaints.

When Rob and Kirk were doing their little jam, did you expect them to break into I Disappear?

suicidesaints likes this.
  7. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I kinda spoiled things for myself before the show so I knew they were just doing solos (not a full version of I Disappear) but I thought Rob playing Pulling Teeth was a highlight of the show for sure.

I wish they played some of the intros to songs live too, but I understand why they used the recording. I was kinda bummed that where other cities got Fuel or Creeping Death, we got Memory Remains... and I would have preferred Four Horsemen or Whiplash to Motorbreath, but like you said, small complaints.

8. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah, playing Pulling Teeth right before a Kill 'Em All song is a great move. If I had to pick a Kill em all song, I would have loved No Remorse.

I would have been bummed with Memory Remains too lol. One of the earlier dates got Fight Fire with Fire and another one got Ride the Lightning. I would have lost my mind for either. I was super hoping for Through the Never too. I think before Hardwired came out, it would have made such a great opener.

9. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I mean of course I wanted older songs, but I understand why they play the stuff they do. They still sounded amazing and like I said, watching Kirk from like 10 feet away was unreal.

10. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OdeToTheSun, Chuck! and redwing91007 like this.
  11. Davjs

Trusted

man those pictures look great! You had such a great spot!

I loved for Seek and Destroy how they all moved up to the front of the stage.

12. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

That was awesome and about the only time I really got a good view of Lars up close.

I was on the right side of the snake pit where it dipped down (towards the middle of that side) - I had a pretty good view of the stage the whole time, and when they'd come walk up the ramps, they were directly in front of me. Honestly, I don't think there's another spot I would have preferred (other than against the barricade a couple of people up)

Davjs likes this.
  13. BoldTitan

Trusted

Other people have been acting like it's first come first serve wait all day for Metallica. No numbered wrist bands to come back later. Would really rather not miss work or stand in the florida heat all day if I don't have to

14. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Put this together if anyone is interested, pretty inclusive of every song that has been played on the tour by Metallica, Avenged and Volbeat.

Davjs likes this.
  15. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Check with the venue. My venue definitely had the number wristband/come back later set up, but I've never encountered that at any other venue before.

16. BoldTitan

Trusted

they did that for mumford in Georgia last year....it was waiting until doors open for Florence at the Amway Center last year...but I've never not had a seat at the Citrus Bowl (now Camping World Stadium). I tried calling but got no answer. will try again later. Lost out on snake pit tickets, was trying to take my stepdad who sure as hell isn't going to wait all day lol

17. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, for the Dallas show it worked out fairly well. I got there at like 9:30am and was given wristband number 400 and something. They started handing out wristbands at 6am apparently. Then I came back at 2pm and got in line. They opened the doors at 4 and I was within 3 people of the barricade.

If you were to just show up at 4 when the doors opened (having not gotten a wristband earlier), you wouldn't be quite as close as I was, but you could still get within 10 people of the barricade probably.

18. BoldTitan

Trusted

Ah, I was going by this info. I will do what I can. Got a mandatory corporate meeting from 9-11am...going to do what I can!

19. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Good luck man. Like I said, I think if you just get there a little bit before when the doors open, you'll still get a good spot.

20. OdeToTheSun

Ø

I emailed the Orlando venue and they told me GA Field people can start lining up at 2pm which is when all the parking opens.. but I'm still kinda worried because it says one of their box offices opens at 9am, so I feel like people would start then, lol.

21. BoldTitan

Trusted

Lol what? I'm so lost as to what I should do. I've heard 6 am, 9 am, 2pm. wristbands. no wristbands. :crylaugh:

suicidesaints and OdeToTheSun like this.
  22. OdeToTheSun

Ø

I know, right? I'm so confused.
    If I'm there at 2pm and there's a mile long line already, I'm gonna be pissed.
    The smart thing would be for them to do the wristband thing, but oh well..

BoldTitan likes this.
  23. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

The whole thing is kind of a mess, tbh. It's like every venue is doing it slightly different and it's not very easy to get info about it all.

Next tour (fingers crossed) I'm gonna spring for the Whiplash package and not have to worry about it. It's like $400 but you get a shirt, poster, GA ticket, early entrance, food, drinks and entrance into the Memory Remains exhibit. I've seen the shirts and posters sell on eBay for $100 each.

OdeToTheSun likes this.
  24. OdeToTheSun

Ø

I wish I would've won Snake Pit passes from the Metallica Fan Club website (I'm always pretty unlucky). Then I wouldn't have to worry about it either.
    I saw some people on their forums say they won and have an extra. I messaged one guy, but he hasn't replied. Probably already giving it to someone else.

25. OdeToTheSun

Ø

[​IMG]

They had Warped Tour there today and it seemed like they were on time with everything on their event timeline for that, so I guess this is believable.