Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Metallica Announce New Album; Stream New Song • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Tylar

Sounds like 80's Metallica

2. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Pretty bad-ass; old school Slayer-Anthrax thrash sound

3. flask

Trusted Supporter

As a graphic design student I have my moments of self doubt. Will I ever make it to a professional level? Am I good enough to make it a career. And then I see album covers like this one and I know that I have nothing to worry about.

Chris Prindle and chewbacca110 like this.
  4. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

ManUNkind

Ha! I get it!

5. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Song kind of went nowhere and it's weird that it's so short...but there were a few seconds here and there where it actually sounded like classic Metallica.

6. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Really liked Death Magnetic. Sounds like I'll enjoy this too.

7. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

I love Lars, he's unapologetically himself and I've always liked his enthusiasm

tomdelonge likes this.
  8. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I'm just gonna choose to believe him saying "We're so fucked/shit out of luck" is a reference to Beelzebub by Tenacious D

9. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

That's longer than I lasted.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  10. Slave to the Grind

It's just fashionable to hate on Lars' drumming, this is the best he has sounded in a long time. Surprisingly, I think Hammett's solo is the weak link in this song. It starts off good but it's too short ending abruptly. I'm also not thrilled that Hetfield is still using the vocal style from Death Magnetic. Overall, it's a good song but it's not going to make any best of Metallica lists.

Schooner likes this.
  11. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

The guy on the single cover looks like Xzibit

12. somethingwitty

Trusted

Really getting some Ride The Lightning-era vibes from this...and that's fantastic! Love that they've pretty much said screw the trends of modern metal and are going back to where they should've went after The Black Album.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  13. latortuga

Regular

Seriously, what happened with that solo, it just stops right as he is hitting his groove.

14. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Same here, first heavy band I ever got into, and can always spin em when there's nothing else to listen to...not that I'm a big softy or anything, but I always liked that they didn't curse on their records, and I feel it takes away from the song...it's makes me think of an amateur songwriter that can't figure out a better way to get the point across. Hoping there's some more melodic Metallica on the record instead of the speed metal they've been going after the last couple albums. A Fixxxer-like track would make me very happy.

15. AshlandATeam

Trusted

Metallica is - to steal a term from baseball stats - the perfect 'replacement level' band. They're fine. If someone is listening to them and I'm around, it's perfectly pleasant. I'm not gonna get real into it, but I'm far from upset about it.

Bands can be levels of good or bad above and below Metallica. They're the line.

This song is fine. Sounds like Metallica. I didn't love it or hate it, and if it was on somewhere I wouldn't be happy or sad. It's a fine song by a fine band.

slimfenix182 and Nate_Johnson like this.
  16. Davjs

Trusted

What a killer track! Sure it's short, but it's thrash metal and I love it. Also it being short and fast makes sense as the album opener.

LOL

That's easy to do when the rest of the band are so incredibly talented. He's still pretty great, esp for playing so fast at his age. I think they are in their 50s?

Ferrari333SP and Nate_Johnson like this.
  17. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Lars isn't the greatest drummer in the world, but his style is part of what makes Metallica sound like Metallica. On the Black Album, especially, I think the drums just sound uniquely him.

18. jorbjorb

7 rings

Lars is so bad he's always looked like a mad noob behind the kit. Even in the beginning lmao.

19. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

People still use the word noob?

Schooner, slimfenix182 and jorbjorb like this.
  20. jorbjorb

7 rings

21. alex miller

Regular

I honestly have no idea what people are talking about with Lars' playing ability on this track. the drums serve the song just fine, get over yourselves people.

inwaves, Ryan, Davjs and 2 others like this.
  22. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

newb

23. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

One of my favorite drum tracks of theirs

Davjs likes this.
  24. Davjs

Trusted

One of my favorites period. I would have killed to have been at that show, so glad they did a dvd/cd release.

25. ttmessick

n00b