Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mest Release New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

You know, a lot of the pop-punk I used to listen to in my late teens/early 20's I can still sometimes revisit and enjoy, even if it's through the lens of nostalgia. This band, for whatever reason, just does NOT age well at all.

3. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

Loved this band back in the day. Is it any of the original members or just Tony at this point?

4. Heron182

Regular

Original lineup recorded this album but I’m assuming tour wise just Tony and hired guns.

5. Freezon

Regular

Few good songs, overall pretty bland and forgettable

6. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

It's really weird...even their new music feels like a time vault for me. I hear "Masquerade", and I'm suddenly watching this band play "Rooftops" at a free show at University of Texas at Dallas back in 2004 or so.

7. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

i was a huge mest fan back in high school. i think their songs age just fine. I mean, no different than most bands of that era. Destination Unknown and Wasting Time are excellent. They were also just a tad ahead of the curve which i always appreciate.

ill give this a legit spin. Listened to title track... no problem with it. Masquerade is a legit pop punk track

Jetslickz likes this.
  8. thisisasong

I’m surprised Jason posted this without bashing them. He seems to love talking shit about this band any time they are brought up.

9. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

Man, Mest is awful. Some of my friends loved them growing up, and I always thought what am I missing? I have given every album a try, I wanted to like them. but yeah...again, awful.

10. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I won't speak for how he feels about this album specifically (if he feels anything at all), but standard release news like this is generally posted with a neutral tone.

11. AMC

Regular

I agree.those 2 albums at the time were so amazing. Could of been as big as blink easily.

domotime2 likes this.