Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Meshell Ndegeocello - Ventriloquism (March 16, 2018) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by unbornwhiskey, Mar 9, 2018.

1. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

[​IMG]

1. "I Wonder If I Take You Home" (cover of the 1985 single by Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam ft. Full Force)
    2. "Nite and Day" (cover of the 1988 single by Al B. Sure!)
    3. "Sometimes It Snows in April" (cover of the song from the 1986 Prince album Parade)
    4. "Waterfalls" (cover of the 1995 single by TLC)
    5. "Atomic Dog 2017" (cover of the 1982 George Clinton single)
    6. "Sensitivity" (cover of the 1990 Ralph Tresvant single)
    7. "Funny How Time Flies (When You're Having Fun)" (cover of the 1987 Janet Jackson single)
    8. "Tender Love" (cover of the 1986 single by Force MDs)
    9. "Don't Disturb This Groove" (cover of the 1987 single by The System)
    10. "Private Dancer" (cover of the track from Tina Turner's 1984 album Private Dancer)
    11. "Smooth Operator" (cover of the 1984 single by Sade)

album of the year, streaming on npr
    First Listen: Meshell Ndegeocello, 'Ventriloquism'

2. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

haha i figured this might sink. anyway this is the loveliest thing in the world

3. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

This is one of the most exceptional cover albums I've ever heard. In particular she turns "Private Dancer" inside out.

I feel like @iCarly Rae Jepsen would be on this. Maybe @irthesteve too, appreciator of female artists that he is.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  4. cherrywaves

Trusted

Her debut is a good record, haven’t listened to much else.

Am dying to hear this cover of “Smooth Operator”

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I'll check it out!!

6. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

She's had an exceptionally consistent career from the albums I've heard. They're scattered across her discography and you'd never know it

cherrywaves likes this.
  7. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

feel like every ndegeocello record from bitter on is light years ahead of her debut (which i agree is v good). comfort woman, the world has made me the man of my dreams and devil's halo in particular are just incredible constantly shifting musical constellations

8. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

it is one of the most bizarre covers on the record but it's still really lovely and it made me realize "he move in space with minimum waste and maximum joy" is an awesome lyric

9. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

okay wow this record and artist are incredible, opener is maybe my fave track this year. Where do I head next?

unbornwhiskey likes this.
  10. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

cody! check out the world has made me the man of my dreams or devil's halo!

Cody likes this.