Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Merch Dude Caught Stealing From Bands

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The merch guy for IDKHOW and Waterparks was caught allegedly trying to steal money from the bands:

Police say that the band members then started searching their trailer and found the cardboard box with the money wrapped up in the suspect’s sweater with other merchandise boxes.

The suspect again denied involvement but then allegedly finally admitted to taking the money once he realized that the band was firing him and that he wouldn’t be allowed back on the tour bus.

He also told police that he was tired of the band members leaving money all over the bus and wanted to prove a point but was going to return the money later.

I’M SO HAPPY CRIMINALS ARE SO FUCKING STUPID. SOMEONE ON OUR TOUR “ALLEGEDLY” TRIED TO STEAL TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FROM US AND WE “CAUGHT” THE SHIT OUT OF HIM. FUCKING IMBECILE LOL ENJOY UR “ALLEGED” FELONY.ALSO FOR THE RECORD WE HAVE A SOLID, SAFE $ SYSTEM, HOMEBOY “LIE.”

— BLEACH BOY VEVO (@awsten) November 13, 2018

2. transrebel59

Regular

Holy shit, I figured it was like $50-$100. $18k is an insane amount of money. I actually have a lot of mutual friends with this guy and he had a legit career in this; He did merch for Flogging Molly and Zedd, as well. Totally ruined a career that a lot of people would love to have.

Brent, Raku and SuNDaYSTaR like this.
  3. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

Was just out with The Used too.

Raku likes this.
  4. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Nice try with the excuse. But I think if you were trying to "teach them a lesson", you'd probably have let them in on the lesson before the police were called for the second time!

5. jorbjorb

7 rings

Resume:
    2010-2018: Merch Dude

6. maxracer

yes. this.

Raku likes this.