Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 8

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Texas Flood

Mulva? Supporter

It did, thank you. Being on a resort with booze and other activities helped mend it til I got home to see my doctor.

2. algae

Regular Prestigious

Yeah, that's what I thought. The hard part is that I haven't actually ever visited my general practitioner since the switch from my pediatrician.

3. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

It's hard to find a therapist that is knowledgeable about my difficulties in my area, I've always got along with them but there's definitely a level of which they don't truly know how to grasp. The main company that supports mental health only offers half an hour sessions and I just don't think it's worth it to take a train for almost an hour just to get that, especially if a session randomly gets shortened.

4. windowbirds

close your eyes until tomorrow Supporter

i woke up with a crushing need to cry and hurt myself because i kept thinking that i'm a complete failure. i really need to see a professional, but unfortunately my financial situation prevents me from doing so.

5. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I've never been to a therapist (probably should) but I can definitely see myself not being completely honest. Opening up has always been very hard for me.

6. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I've been going through this shitty cycle recently where I'm isolating myself a lot because of how low I feel. Then I get mad at my friends cause I'm like "wow, how come they don't ask me what's wrong?? I'm so obviously not okay and they're not doing anything??" which causes me to think "what if they're not okay but I'm too caught up thinking about myself and not noticing their cries for help?? how could I be so selfish and shitty?" which causes more self loathing, isolation, etc.
    It sucks.

7. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

My ex ended up calling me 5 times between 4am and 5am. Even if I wanted to give him the time of day, who does that??? He claims he's sober but I feel like that's not true. When I asked who it was the first time he was like "a reformed asshole who's a better person now." Like lol if you have to attach that disclaimer then bye. That just annoyed me more.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  8. Also seems strange that "reformed assholes" always need to deliver that information between the hours of 4 and 5am. Lol.

Kiana likes this.
  9. Kiana

LOL right? The best part was that in the voicemail he left he was explaining how he's 4 months sober now and doing well and he's so sorry for what he did. Then he was like "but you wouldn't care, would you?" All bitterly, like lol. And also accurate, cause we broke up 4 years ago and I couldn't care less what he's up to

Aaron Mook likes this.
  10. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

Block his ass.

11. jump start

Total ginger. Prestigious

I haven't been on my anxiety meds for 6 months now. I'm trying to get back on them, but I moved to a new state. I called my old doctor to see if they could give me a referral for a doctor here, and they said they don't do that. Super annoying.

12. Kiana

I did, but then he started calling from a restricted number and was able to leave a voicemail that way. He was super persistent this morning, prob since I accidentally answered, so now I'm kinda anxious. I live in a small town so I'm always worried I'll run into him. If I ever did I'd probably be so scared I'd have an anxiety attack and like stop breathing, so I just hope that doesn't happen until I can move :-/

Dominick likes this.
  13. Neo Cassady

Summer taunts the weak. Prestigious

Do you have insurance? Most plans will have some sort of mental health coverage, even if it's only 6 sessions with a copay. Better than nothing.

14. windowbirds

No, I lost my insurance because I also lost my part-time jobs so I couldn't afford it anymore. I've been job-hunting and it's not helping the whole "failure" feeling because I haven't been able to keep a job while going back to school and applying to three medical tech programs that I possibly don't have a chance of getting it. So, it's a lot on my mind.

15. stories

lucid dreaming. Supporter

good to find this thread.
    my mental health history and recovery attempts are a bit of a mess. it all roots to this nonverbal learning disorder i have (i really want to meet someone my age with it to see the parallels in our stories). from that i have depression, anxiety (mostly social), osfed, and self-harm (in recovery and doing well). i've similarly faced unfortunate experiences with what mental health help is available (or not available). at this point, i'm just wanting my life to get back on track so i can feel a bit more at ease on handling everything.

16. Kiana

I'm trying to break the habit of looking down at my feet when I walk. When I was a tween/teen I had really low self esteem so I'd look down when I walked cause I didn't want people looking at my face. Then when I was with my ex he'd accuse me of flirting and cheating with like every guy I made eye contact with or smiled at, so I looked down for that too. It's really hard to look up now. On the bright side, I avoid stepping in a lot of things.

17. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

You'll never have to worry about breaking your mother's back! My mom has always pointed out that I clench my fists, like constantly. Not an anger thing but probably an insecurity thing.

18. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

I am sorry you have to deal with this. Looking back at my post, it was insensitive for me to think you didn't already try that, so I apologize for stating the obvious. I believe there are apps that completely block restricted numbers, so that even if he calls from different ones, it still just triggers the hang-up feature without allowing them to leave a message.

19. Kiana

You're fine! No worries

20. Neo Cassady

Summer taunts the weak. Prestigious

I'm sorry to hear and I completely understand. It's tough when everything seems to come at you at once and it seems like nothing you do is turning out right. The feeling of being unsuccessful in every single endeavor is a major source of my own anxiety, and unfortunately I haven't yet found a healthy way to deal with it that I can offer up as a suggestion.

Another thing to consider, FWIW: if there are any decent-sized universities or teaching hospitals near you, some of them will offer low- or no-cost services. Might be worth checking into.

21. windowbirds

It's okay, I feel much better than yesterday. It's best for me to direct my energy into other things for the time being until things look up. I'm enrolled at the community college anyway and they have some resources I can use the next time I'm on campus.

I've also found that the local NAMI chapter (National Alliance for Mental Illness) offers free support groups for depression. I think it might help.

22. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

My girlfriend of 4 years and I broke up today. I feel so incredibly numb.

23. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm sorry to hear that. My fiance and I are on that precipice. Anymore, I think there's little love left or rather, our issues render that love unable to express itself as a way of us relating to one another.

24. Kiana

I feel like my life is very blah with some okay moments sprinkled in. I go to work, come home, do homework, mess around online, sleep. I rarely leave my house. I'm fine being single rn but I can easily see myself being single forever cause I will never meet anyone cause I don't leave my house except to work and buy groceries. My friends are getting married or moving and so I don't see them much anymore. idk. I wish I had something fulfilling going on. When I lived in the city at least I could go on walks,meet people, and be slightly involved in some things? I wasn't involved in a lot, but I felt like I was doing something. If I stay here I'll prob grow old and be like those ppl who die in their houses and nobody discovers them until like 15 years later

25. I think I'm in a somewhat similar situation but I've been becoming more and more of a nihilist and don't know if I really even care all that much.