Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 362

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

I’ll be starting meds for anxiety in the near future. My therapist told me I could discuss the symptoms (for example, I don’t want to obsessively ruminate all the time) and what I’m looking for with my GP and they could get me started. Or I could go the psychiatrist route and do the same thing. Either way, your detailing of your symptoms and how they affect you and what you want to change — for ADHD or anxiety — will be enough to show you’re not a drug seeker.

Carmen SD likes this.
  2. Carmen SD

Trusted

I’m ok with trying medication. Going to the doctors and talking about things give me anxiety so either I don’t go or I lie on those questionnaires. My most recent gp appt I was honest about the depression and anxiety questionnaire and nothing happened? I spoke with a friend who has adhd and asked how do I get evaluated, and she recommended a psychiatrist. I’m just not sure how those appointments go and what is discussed, which gives me anxiety thinking about it.

3. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I haven’t gone through my gp for medication without also outright asking for it, ever. When I was a kid/teenager my mom asked for it on my behalf. Then when I went off of it for a few years and things got worse I actively asked for medication.

but when I went to a psychiatrist, I just answered questions and talked about how I felt and how it effected me. They diagnosed me with depression and anxiety and gave me 3 medications and advised ongoing therapy.

this was last fall so I can’t recall all the details that was discussed. But stuff like how I was feeling. How I was sleeping. How those things effected me. Physical symptoms. If I used drugs. If I’d experienced any forms of abuse. What my family/support system was like. What I did for work, how I felt about my work. Just stuff about your life.

I had some paperwork that I took home, I’ll see if I can find it. I don’t remember what was all on it beyond my diagnosis but maybe it’ll have some details of the questions I answered, too.

feel free to PM me if you’d prefer with any other questions. All good to me.

4. higathonzumba

im just saying i find my cf (chronic fatigue) tough and it is hard to get by so exhausted, any kind words from here would be nice thanks :)

5. Carmen SD

Trusted

I relate to this feeling. I’m pretty much always exhausted. I can get by if I’m at work, but if it’s a day off I have to nap or I feel super sleepy, which makes it hard to hangout with friends. I’m pretty sure I have some undiagnosed illness that goes infected on blood tests. My gp told me to exercise and it’ll help, but I know it doesn’t work because when I tried that years ago it just made me MORE tired.

6. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

I have chronic fatigue, which has been pretty bad lately, from my Crohn’s Disease. I wish I had answers for how to combat or fix it but I don’t, just know how you’re feeling and how tough it can be.

7. Kiana Jun 2, 2022
    (Last edited: Jun 2, 2022)
    Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Body dysmorphia issues are so obnoxious. Caught myself in one instance feeling devastated how my body looked in a series of photos, while in the next breath commenting my jeans were too big now and I need to size down. And I didn't even immediately connect the thoughts as being somewhat conflicting. It's so trippy truly having no concept of how I look. I'll be feeling super confident and it only takes one "bad" photo for me to spiral and see a completely different version of myself. Or it'll work the opposite way. I'll be feeling discouraged and see my body in a negative light, get a compliment on my body, and then for the next few days in the mirror I'll see this slender fit version of myself when the day before I thought I was huge (which shouldnt even matter if i am). I truly have no concept of my actual appearance. I wish I could give myself as much grace as I give others. Others appearance barely even registers on my radar but I'm hyperfixated on my own.

8. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

yeah I definitely have body dysmorphia

it's a constant mind fuck and I wish I knew how to shake it

Carmen SD and jkauf like this.
  9. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Every word of this.

Kiana likes this.
  10. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I think I legitimately hate 99.9% of people and I don’t know what to do about it.

11. Greg

I have a commute to work now and I spend at least 75% of it seething with rage and the dumb fucks who believe going 5 below in the left lane is the way things should be.

12. AgonizingFir

Currently Distracted Supporter

How about people who don’t know how to merge? Fuck ‘em all

jkauf and marsupial jones like this.
  13. Greg

There are so so many offenses these dumb shits do.

jkauf likes this.
  14. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I’m going to go no more than 45 as I merge and then inexplicably brake as I get closer to the highway and then look confused why people behind me honk and why no one on the highway is slowing down to let me in!!!!!

AgonizingFir likes this.
  15. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Personally I prefer to come to a dead stop on a merge lane and just sit there for 2-3 minutes waiting for a 2 mile gap between cars so I can merge.

GrantCloud, RyanPm40 and AgonizingFir like this.
  16. AgonizingFir

Currently Distracted Supporter

[​IMG]

dylan, Orla, jkauf and 4 others like this.
  17. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

They're right. It is brutal being miserable all the time. So I just won't deal with it anymore. Peace.

18. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I enjoy your posts in the anime and Nintendo threads. Stick around :heart:

19. Greg

I feel like I’m missing context, or this is a concerning post. If you need help or want to talk, please PM me here. We can exchange a chat messenger info or numbers if you want faster responses. Please don’t give up. Reach out for help.

20. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I’ll echo what the others have said. I always appreciate your posts and I’m certainly hoping that your post here doesn’t mean you’re considering making a decision that cannot be undone. I hope you’re okay.

21. The absolutely fucked thing about depression is how it can smack you like a brick fucking wall even when things are seemingly good. Like, better than they ever have been. I have a record coming out. I'm getting married. I finally have a job that treats me well. And a single text message from a friend who is clearly unstable now has me not eating and in bed before 6pm.

There's a lot of talk about "cutting toxic people out," but it worries me when that becomes someone's reflex as opposed to working something out with someone you consider a friend. But at what point do you say, "This is only getting worse and will continue to effect my mental health in unnecessary ways until I distance myself from the root cause?" I mean, I'm now questions my worth as a partner, a friend, and a human being. Sorry for the vent. Just feeling extremely fucked right now.

22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Hope you’re ok

23. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Aaron Mook likes this.
  24. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Also hope you're doing ok @Vase Full Of Rocks

I've always enjoyed your posts in the Nintendo thread

Aaron Mook likes this.
  25. Greg

I reached out to Jason and I was told they asked for their account to be deleted. So I don’t think we will get a response. But no harm in sending well wishes in case they do come back.