Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 346

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I feel this a lot right now, I hope things start looking better soon

Vase Full Of Rocks and bigmike like this.
  2. Jason

Regular

I've been hoping things get better for years. Maybe it's time I come to the realization that they won't.

3. drummerAVA

Trusted

Lately I've been wondering, all things considered... where do we even go from here? :-/

I literally feel sick of everything.

4. Carmen SD

Trusted

So many things are going through my head that I can’t even put into words. I wish I had someone to talk to when I need it. The hardest part of being alone is not having no one. I started watching this “dating show” on Netflix and it was really triggering for me. I just can’t with my mind right now.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  5. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Does anyone have breaking up with your therapist advice? My therapist seemed great the first few weeks, but as of late, I will bring something up (example: catastrophizing), she spends five minutes finding a worksheet on the topic in her library of resources, tells me to do it, end of session, repeat. Is this normal? We used to have lengthy conversation that would last the full session but as of late, I get the sense that she is getting annoyed with me, like I’m not progressing as well as she’d hope, which I then beat myself up for, causing an endless loop of self-loathing and shame.

6. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

finally got back on meds and emailed some therapists. feeling really great about my proactivity in doing those tasks, two which I typically put off in perpetuity.

What an impossible era we exist in

maryp1603 and TSLROCKS like this.
  7. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I would say you don’t owe them shit, and you have the right to leave an at-Will relationship without needing to give a reason! But I myself would probably struggle in the same way you are to find a way out of this situation, so maybe this advice doesn’t help...

8. Jason

Regular

You could email her that you don't think it's a good fit and that you plan to continue therapy with someone else.

9. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I started taking Wellbutrin in addition to my lexapro this week and so far I have too much energy and EVERYTHING is irritating me.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  10. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I had similar side effects with Wellbutrin, but they only lasted a few days... maybe 5? Hopefully your body adjusts to them soon, I know the feeling!!

11. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Thank you for the commiseration haha. I will say, this is WAY better than when I started lexapro- i literally couldn’t eat for 2 weeks, the nausea was so bad. Plus, it was like someone was just pressing random emotion buttons to see what worked and what didn’t which led to some really weird moments (like crying over lemons being beautiful at work).

12. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I just don't understand anything anymore. Nothing makes sense, everything scares me. I'm totally alone and scared of dying.

I'm sinking.

13. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

The book I'm reading said "you can't hate yourself into happiness" and I think I need to keep that in mind when I'm too hard on myself

14. Jbent

Trusted

Sucks to think you've been doing well a long time only to realize you've just gotten better at distracting yourself from yourself

15. Steven Shea

Interesting way of accessing it. I’m a victim of my own self hatred. Hard to break that loop.

16. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Things are finally starting to look up after a rough few months. Got a job offer today so I’m finally done with the role I’ve been burnt out on, started taking grad classes, and started talking with someone and it seems like there could be something there. In the back of my mind I’m just waiting for it all to come crashing back down but I’m just going to roll with it and hope this is the start of something good.

17. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

That’s some awesome positives, congrats on those!

waking season likes this.
  18. drummerAVA

Trusted

Seems like a lot of hiring is going on right now... a friend on mine just had some interviews and got a job... I just had a couple interviews, and will be accepting an offer soon... Things are starting to happen, opportunities are out there!

Good thing too, I’ve really been having a hard time with my career path... feeling like you’re just along for the ride, regardless of what you can bring to the table. It’s like you’ll just be placed where the company needs you and are expected to perform, and even if you can, it’s frustrating because you aren’t learning or improving on the skills that are important to you.

I’ve really been discouraged lately with everything going on, feeling like there’s nothing out there (and like there wouldn’t be for a while) but it seems like things are trending upward now... and I think this new job I’ll be starting will finally be a good fit for me and will hopefully relieve some long term frustrations and stresses I’ve had.

We’ll see... I still don’t want to turn my back on exploring some ideas I’ve had in the meantime, I guess I just wish time and money weren’t an issue when it came down to it.

19. Kiana

I did several good things for my mental health today. Cleaned my room, cleaned out my car, took my vitamins (which I am notoriously terrible at doing), listened to some music, went to the gym, and refilled the water jug so I can be hydrated, made some cookies, stayed in a calorie deficit. Idk how people make good choices like this every day. I can do some of these things daily but being a human trying to be somewhat healthy is srsly taxing and so much energy and work.

20. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

So my parents just went traveled from New York to Florida for 5 days for a wedding and they assured me they’d wear masks and make safe decisions and today they posted a collage of photos on Facebook of them posing with various guests at the wedding, eating in restaurants, and the like, all maskless. It’s so upsetting and I’m frankly sick of my family lying to my face

21. Carmen SD

Trusted

My mental health is terrible. I try to keep up on dishes - I’ll leave them in the sink for a few days sometimes because I’m too tired to clean and even if I do clean them they sit in my dish rack.

I’m too tired to look “presentable”. I often find myself not having the energy to put on makeup and my hair is fly away central and even if I brush my hair it still looks a mess.

I want to try to work out again at the small gym in my apt (limit 2 people) but you’re suppose to wear a mask and I don’t have time to buy a workout one and sorry not sorry I’m not wearing a regular one working out, my face will break out in a rash.

the annoying loud people behind me make it hard for me to relax. I can’t eat peacefully in my own kitchen space so I end up eating in my room. Pretty sure management just chooses not to want to do anything and makes up the excuses that the noise is “normal” -.- nah I didn’t hear a peep out of the people around me last unit I lived in

22. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

These days I feel like my fiancé, my cat, and my internalized fear of a possible Hell are the only things that keep me going. All I ever want to do is sleep and distract my negative thoughts through TV. I don't really have many friends anymore and the pandemic has ruined everything. I legit don't even want a wedding because I'm embarrassed by my extended family seeing how few friends I have.

Mcrx likes this.
  23. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

My fiancé and I basically told my family we weren’t having a wedding party because we have no friends haha. But I can relate. People joke that we are attached to the hip, but we could use other couples for board games and shit.

Mcrx likes this.
  24. Kiana

Pretend like you guys just want a small intimate wedding. Flatters whoever you invite and gets u off the hook! But I get it I don't have many friends either, at least not close enough that I'd invite to a weddinng

Mcrx likes this.
  25. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Weddings are for guests anyway. Sorry if that’s not helpful saying that but it’s true, same with how funerals are for the living. That moment is about you two, not whether or not you got a sea of friends, most of which you probably wouldn’t remember being there anyway.

stars143 likes this.