Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 343

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. A week out from Christmas and I’m so depressed and anxious. Fuck this season forever. When will it get easier. I just want one Christmas where I don’t want to die

2. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

big hugs. we gonna get through it.

Mary V likes this.
  3. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Any update on this? No rush at all, just curious to hear songs I may not have heard before on this topic. I keep listening to the same things over and over.

Jbent likes this.
  4. djwildefire

Regular Supporter

Still in progress, but I’ll share what I have! I’m in the process of switching from Spotify to Apple Music so that sidetracked me a bit

5. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Oh I completely understand. I’m still on Spotify for the Hulu and Spotify package. I appreciate it completely as well.

6. djwildefire

Regular Supporter

It’s only scratching the surface but here’s what I had put together on Spotify so far. A couple songs on there that aren’t explicitly about mental health but have some good mantras or just make me happy.

Mental Health, a playlist by Jeff Wilde on Spotify

Jbent and LessThanTrevor like this.
  7. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

8. Jbent

Trusted Supporter

Hey man not sure if this helps ya out but here's my a.m. playlist. Just songs I like that don't get too intense/heavy, not quite about mental health specifically but it aides me in calming down when I wake up too early and can't relax or whatever

Sawftiez In the Morning, a playlist by JBent4 on Spotify

(Not sure your music preferences sorry if this is not up your alley :heart:)

LessThanTrevor likes this.
  9. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Thank you! Also my music preference is pretty much all over the place. Genres mean nothing to me in my older age.

EDIT: Just checked out the playlist tracks and I totally forgot about The Rosebuds! Definitely giving this a listen.

Jbent likes this.
  10. djwildefire

Regular Supporter

Rosebuds are great

LessThanTrevor and Jbent like this.
  11. Jams

Trusted

I start a new job tomorrow and I'm very, very nervous. It's medical transcription which I did for 9 years but it's on a whole different system so I have to relearn a bunch of stuff. This company is also WAY stricter than my last one and I have to produce so many lines per hour or I'll be fired ugh. Then they give me hundreds of pages of stuff to read TONIGHT when my training is tomorrow morning. Like you couldn't give me the weekend to read all that??? I'm just so nervous that I won't be able to keep up with it bc I had a really hard time just getting this job and really, really don't want to have to go back to working at the grocery store. I'm putting a lot of pressure on myself which I know isn't good to do but ugh. I have a month to get up to their standards or I'm fired. That's just really stressful and I hope I can do it.

12. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

The day before the start of anything is always the most stressful. It’s easy to be anxious, nervous, and even scared, but you’ve got this. A little messed up they didn’t give the weekend for the reading material, but you’re going to do an amazing job. They see the potential in you and they picked you.

Jams likes this.
  13. djwildefire

Regular Supporter

I’ll keep adding to it as I have time! It’ll be good for me to have all those songs in one place as well!

One of the songs I put on there is by Wise Cub who does a cover of “Safe and Sound” (also on the playlist) that I really dig.

@Jams For me, starting any new job has always been extremely anxiety-provoking. But the circumstances around your new job I think would make someone who isn’t anxiety prone anxious. I will say that in my experience putting excess pressure on yourself won’t help your performance and could very well hurt it. But I know me saying that doesn’t make the pressure feel any less. But I can suggest trying to substitute in some positive thoughts (maybe stuff that you’re good at, obstacles you’ve overcome, etc) for the anxious ones. Another thing that’s helped me is doing some mindfulness practice a few minutes before starting your work day, just as a way to center yourself and hit refresh. There’s a lot of YouTube videos that can help guide you through mindfulness practice, if it’s of interest you I can recommend some!

Jams likes this.
  14. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

I FUCKING HATE CHRISTMAS

nothing good ever happens

I associate it with a lot of trauma and abuse

When I try and rehabilitate it by making new traditions it fails (yeah Ill keep trying but for this year)

I just need to scream

I FUCKING HATE CHRISTMAS

Mary V likes this.
  15. djwildefire

Regular Supporter

GOAT sad Christmas song. Feels especially appropriate this year.

cherrywaves, figureitout and Crisp X like this.
  16. My family: you can talk to us about anything, don’t bottle shit up
    Me: speaks frankly about the stresses of Christmas on me personally and suggests that we do much less next year
    My family: oh no, stop being a hermit, Mary. It’s not like we’re asking for much! It’s only two days of the year!

two days a year cause a month’s worse of overwhelming stress and anxiety for me but OK. I’m so done

17. a_cuppa_joe

the inner machinations of my mind are an enigma Supporter

I feel the same way about Christmas, and that’s what I was trying to do this year with my girlfriend, who is very family-oriented. It worked until midnight and I feel like I fucked up the day for all those emotions coming out as anger over little things so late in the evening after what truly was a nice day.

18. djwildefire

Regular Supporter

I don’t know about y’all, but even though I normally feel pretty neutral about the holidays (the main thing I enjoy is picking out presents for friends and family, the rest I can take or leave), this holiday season has been really hard. I think it’s a combination of a lot of things for me - generally, just what a shit year it’s been with everything going on in the world from COVID to the election to cops murdering Black people. And then on a personal note - not being able to see friends and extended family, as well as it being the first holiday season since my ex and I broke up.

19. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Supporter

My little brother is struggling a lot but is also being so selfish and terrible in a lot of ways and I’m so exhausted with trying to help him. But I worry that every time I say no or try to set a boundary, that will be the time I find his fucking body. It’s pushing me deeper into my own mental health issues and I don’t know what else to do so here I am complaining online.

20. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Supporter

Slight update- he did in fact tell my husband he was thinking abt ODing on his meds yesterday morning, so we took him to the ER and he’s getting checked into inpatient today. Spent all day yesterday cleaning his apartment and getting work arrangements made and am just so tired and sad. I’m glad he’s getting help but I feel so helpless and heartbroken.

21. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

hugs

22. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Damn. I’m sorry y’all are going through this. But him getting help is a great first step and your support will help guide him through this. Please try to remember self care, too.

23. DarkHotline

Run On, Girl, Run On Supporter

You did the right thing. As hard as it certainly is, you saved your brother’s life stepping in and making him go get help. A lot of people wouldn’t do what you did, learned that the hard way in my life. Stay strong.

24. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted

I'm at my parents house for some medical appointments and my mother always has the TV/news on and I heard them report that now one American dies every 30 seconds from COVID and I'm fucking losing my mind. I hate this. I'm so terrified of being alive and I am beyond terrified of dying. I just don't even know what to do anymore.

Ken and waking season like this.
  25. Ken

So I lament. Till I reset. Prestigious

I feel like I'm questioning everything about my life lately. I wish so many things had turned out differently.