Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 342

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. cherrywaves

Trusted

I guess this feels trite and menial in comparison to what’s going on in the world right now so I apologize. Does anyone have dreams involving their ex’s? Our relationship ended over two years ago, but these dreams have been happening more frequently the past few months. Every time I have one, I feel extremely down for a long time, and I feel like I’ve been on the verge of a breakdown the past day or two. I can’t focus on anything and I feel like no one in my life wants to listen to my issues, perhaps rightfully so.

Crisp X and waking season like this.
  2. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i would say the one positive thing I've learned from my (albeit elementary) therapy lately is that nothing that's bothering or in your head is menial. everything is important if its bothering you in any sort of meaningful way.

Orla, Crisp X, cherrywaves and 4 others like this.
  3. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

It definitely happens to me too, not as frequently as it used to but it still happens. It always puts me in a weird bittersweet mood.

Crisp X and cherrywaves like this.
  4. cherrywaves

Trusted

Yeah it’s usually bittersweet but lately it’s been actively distressing lol but thanks folks much appreciated

Crisp X and waking season like this.
  5. Crisp X Dec 13, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 13, 2020)
    It started happening to me a lot once we went into lockdowns too. Some post-dreams days are tough and almost made me think I haven't moved on in the end, but then I feel fine on others. It's kind of a whiplash. Maybe it's the starving for a relationship or... human touch? I mention that because I haven't been with anyone since. It doesn't help that we had a shared circle of friends, and I lost them in the breaking up process as well.

waking season and cherrywaves like this.
  6. Sarahtonin_

I keep forgetting to order my medication. I’m kind of at the point of saying fuck it. But I’ve ended up in the hospital before for withdrawal. I’m over 2020!

7. Whenever I’ve had dreams about my ex, they throw me for a loop and if I’m not honest with myself or my partner about how it makes me feel, it’s even worse. As @Crisp X said, it’s definitely a kind of emotional whiplash. I wish that I had better advice to give but those dreams can ruin my whole day lol

8. cherrywaves

Trusted

I feel you both @Crisp X @Mary V I've been trying to process a lot of this and it certainly helps to remember why things didn't work out in the first place. I've gone through a couple cycles of using dating apps and then deleting them for a few months. I definitely am just looking for some sort of human touch or connection. Thanks for the responses

Mary V and Crisp X like this.
  9. djwildefire

Trusted

I dream about my ex pretty frequently. We broke up about a year ago. You’re not alone in this! Judging by the posts in this thread, it’s completely normal. It can definitely be depressing to wake up and remember that you’re no longer together. Sometimes it causes me to ruminate on our relationship which is hard.

Crisp X and cherrywaves like this.
  10. Not me posting in this thread yesterday and then dreaming about my ex last night... welp

cherrywaves likes this.
  11. cherrywaves

Trusted

I felt like I've been emotionally spiraling since Friday/Saturday, so I tried CBD for the first time last night. Interesting experience. Not sure what I was expecting specifically, but I felt more calm/regulated, and so far I've woken up this morning feeling a lot better.

waking season likes this.
  12. djwildefire

Trusted

Been interested in trying to use CBD regularly. Although my problem is typically lethargy/heaviness, so I worry it would exacerbate that

13. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve been listening to this song a lot lately.

14. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

big hugs. we gonna get through it.

Mary V likes this.
  15. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Any update on this? No rush at all, just curious to hear songs I may not have heard before on this topic. I keep listening to the same things over and over.

Jbent likes this.
  16. djwildefire

Trusted

Still in progress, but I’ll share what I have! I’m in the process of switching from Spotify to Apple Music so that sidetracked me a bit

17. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Oh I completely understand. I’m still on Spotify for the Hulu and Spotify package. I appreciate it completely as well.

18. djwildefire

Trusted

It’s only scratching the surface but here’s what I had put together on Spotify so far. A couple songs on there that aren’t explicitly about mental health but have some good mantras or just make me happy.

Mental Health, a playlist by Jeff Wilde on Spotify

Jbent and LessThanTrevor like this.
  19. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

20. Jbent

Trusted

Hey man not sure if this helps ya out but here's my a.m. playlist. Just songs I like that don't get too intense/heavy, not quite about mental health specifically but it aides me in calming down when I wake up too early and can't relax or whatever

Sawftiez In the Morning, a playlist by JBent4 on Spotify

(Not sure your music preferences sorry if this is not up your alley :heart:)

LessThanTrevor likes this.
  21. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Thank you! Also my music preference is pretty much all over the place. Genres mean nothing to me in my older age.

EDIT: Just checked out the playlist tracks and I totally forgot about The Rosebuds! Definitely giving this a listen.

Jbent likes this.
  22. djwildefire

Trusted

Rosebuds are great

LessThanTrevor and Jbent like this.
  23. Jams

Trusted

I start a new job tomorrow and I'm very, very nervous. It's medical transcription which I did for 9 years but it's on a whole different system so I have to relearn a bunch of stuff. This company is also WAY stricter than my last one and I have to produce so many lines per hour or I'll be fired ugh. Then they give me hundreds of pages of stuff to read TONIGHT when my training is tomorrow morning. Like you couldn't give me the weekend to read all that??? I'm just so nervous that I won't be able to keep up with it bc I had a really hard time just getting this job and really, really don't want to have to go back to working at the grocery store. I'm putting a lot of pressure on myself which I know isn't good to do but ugh. I have a month to get up to their standards or I'm fired. That's just really stressful and I hope I can do it.

24. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

The day before the start of anything is always the most stressful. It’s easy to be anxious, nervous, and even scared, but you’ve got this. A little messed up they didn’t give the weekend for the reading material, but you’re going to do an amazing job. They see the potential in you and they picked you.

Jams likes this.
  25. djwildefire

Trusted

I’ll keep adding to it as I have time! It’ll be good for me to have all those songs in one place as well!

One of the songs I put on there is by Wise Cub who does a cover of “Safe and Sound” (also on the playlist) that I really dig.

@Jams For me, starting any new job has always been extremely anxiety-provoking. But the circumstances around your new job I think would make someone who isn’t anxiety prone anxious. I will say that in my experience putting excess pressure on yourself won’t help your performance and could very well hurt it. But I know me saying that doesn’t make the pressure feel any less. But I can suggest trying to substitute in some positive thoughts (maybe stuff that you’re good at, obstacles you’ve overcome, etc) for the anxious ones. Another thing that’s helped me is doing some mindfulness practice a few minutes before starting your work day, just as a way to center yourself and hit refresh. There’s a lot of YouTube videos that can help guide you through mindfulness practice, if it’s of interest you I can recommend some!

Jams likes this.