Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 339

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I’m so sorry Mary. Thinking of you and yours. My inbox is open if there’s anything I can do to help.

2. Thank you, Mike. I really appreciate it :heart:

bigmike likes this.
  3. Jams

Trusted

I desperately need a new job. I hate this one so much and I’m so stressed about money. I need more than minimum wage and yesterday I heard my boss talking about voting for Trump and laughing about people thinking they deserve a $15 minimum wage. He’s the actual worst and is sexist and racist and I hate this working environment bc I’m literally surrounded by right wing people. I have only 1 coworker who isn’t voting for Trump. They all are encouraging customers to not wear their masks properly and our numbers are going up here so that stresses me out too. But I have basically 2 options of types of jobs here. We don’t have a lot in the first place and I have no college degree so that limits me too. So basically retail or healthcare. All the retail pay shit obviously so I’ve been applying to everything healthcare related (which they pay not great either but better than minimum wage). Even though I have 9 years experience in a healthcare job I can’t get any interviews and I’m just so frustrated. I applied for a dream job but I haven’t heard anything and it’s been almost 2 weeks. I tried following up but I don’t think it really did anything. I just hate everything about job hunting and wish I’d just get my old job back. At least then I’d be financially stable and not worrying about paying my bills!

4. I'm sorry, this really sucks and I empathize with you. My direct boss is a big Trumper, COVID is a hoax kind of guy and he's requested a few in-person meetings at the office without masks and it always stresses me out because I know he's not taking any precautions. Also claims he can't give anybody a raise right now because we're not making what we made last year as a company, despite the fact that my only co-worker left and I took on all her work, so there's an open salary that could be easily dispersed amongst the employees. The only thing that keeps me from looking regularly is how much of a job job hunting is in itself. But I'm so tired of making money for a person like that. Thinking of you and wishing you the best of luck.

Jams and Mcrx like this.
  5. Carmen SD

Trusted

Nearly everyone I work with is a Trump supporter but we don’t talk politics. One of my co workers spouse came in wearing a Trump shirt and hat and I cringed in my mind. I personally think it looks ridiculous when I see people wear Trump hats and shirts (haven’t seen people wear hats or shirts of other candidates). I do wish you luck on finding a new job.

Jams likes this.
  6. Jason

Regular

Where I work is 50/50. The Biden supporters are more public about it. A few people have told me they despise trump and a few wear Biden/Harris shirts,masks, etc. There are a few trump supporters though; it's easy for me to spot them.

I just know better than to start a political discussion with anyone and would end a conversation if someone tried to have one with me.

7. Carmen SD

Trusted

I don’t work with many people. I consider myself moderate/non-political. I stay out of any political conversation, especially if I know they support 45. Maybe it depends on the area on who’s public about who they vote for? Another thing that I feel looks ridiculous is those large Trump flags people fly off their trucks/jeeps. Just doing to much imo. Also overuse of political related bumper stickers. I also feel like I can tell which patients come into my work support Trump just off their attitude with covid. And Some people I can’t tell who they support- which I like.

Mcrx likes this.
  8. Swaddle

I'm so tired all the time. Mentally, I am exhausted and physically too. We just got done moving into our first house anf I'm spending any free time (what little I have because of work) trying to fix all the little things I notice wrong or trying to unpack and organize things.

I hate my job. I hate complaining about it because I should feel fortunate that I am employed when so many are struggling right now. My boss makes me feel like an idiot, I'm expected to work myself to death every day and see no reward for it. I see no path of progression in my current role but I'm terrified of leaving for fear of not being able to find something new and better for me.

I'm just so sad and stressed and miserable all the time.

Mcrx, waking season and Aaron Mook like this.
  9. Jason

Regular

Yeah those flags look ridiculous. It's basically a cult.
    I'm just wary of those people who try and speak politics because they're in the mood to argue with someone. I don't want to have to deal with that.

10. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

this day is bad

11. atlas

Trusted

every day is worse than the one before baby

12. drummerAVA

Trusted

Felt compelled to post here I guess, but it’s been a day, apart from the obvious stresses with the election. Regardless of who wins, I fear for our future... the political climate is so bad...

And it’s been kind of a weird week or two at my new job, not particularly enjoying it... It’s fine I suppose, but it’s not really my thing and leaves a lot to be desired... and the overall weirdness of 2020, it’s really getting to me. Not particularly thrilled with where I’m living at the moment, questioning my recent move, missing friends I’ve made in recent years and the times we had, and I’ve been thinking a lot about my dad as well, who passed about a year and a half ago now... it’s just been tough. A tough year... and it just feels like it’s all catching up with me.

Wishing a lot of things were different right now.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  13. Carmen SD

Trusted

It’s hard to respect people I know who were cool that voted for Trump.

I have so much anxiety. In a few days im filing paperwork to stop the bs my ex is causing. I don’t want to have to face him in court but it needs to be done. He needs to stop. I need to not live in paranoia.

14. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

My brother tested positive today. We are super close and I’m pretty worried. His main symptom is sore throat and isn’t as bad as a lot of people. Keeping positive thoughts though.

15. Sundays are always so bad for me. I'm so behind at work, even dedicating a half day today to catch up isn't giving me any relief. Feel like I'll never get a break, and it leaves me even less motivated to do other things I need to do, like clean the house or cook dinner.

16. Carmen SD

Trusted

I have major trust issues. Not only did my parents constantly lie to me growing up (still can’t trust some things my dad says), but my ex lied to me all of the 2 years we were together. It’s very triggering. If you can’t trust someone who’s suppose to be family now can you trust others? I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to talk about my traumatic past. It worries me. If I find someone that wants a relationship I don’t know how to address it. It was an issue for my ex me not wanting/not ready to talk about things, but that was because he made comments that showed me he wasn’t going to be understanding. Not sure if anyone’s been in this situation. Are you ok with a SO just not wanting to talk about things. Do you give them the time they need no matter how long it is. They’ll talk when they’re ready. Is it a big issue.

17. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

I learned that my brother moved to Rochester sometime recently in an obvious move to be closer to my dad. I had no reason to go out that way but now i have a reason to actively avoid it.

It disgusts me that he's been taking my dad's side in everything and it aggravates me that there's even "sides" to begin with. I dunno if any of you read the article about him i linked to on the last page, but he did shit that's objectively wrong. But my brother has to be a passive aggressive shitstain because i swear he fucking gets off on it or something. And meanwhile my mom and i are struggling so much and no one gives a shit.

18. atlas

Trusted

I am intensely aggravated at basically everyone who speaks to me (my fault not theirs), my brain sounds like white noise 24/7, and I just want it to stop

RyanPm40 likes this.
  19. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I've been feeling extra hopeless and depressed lately. Biden's victory felt great, but the shitshow that has followed it is just ... terrifying when thinking about the future of our country. The pandemic isn't helping, either. It sucks to feel like I need to cut so many people out of my life for their hateful and toxic views.

On one positive note, I've been doubting my bipolar 2 diagnosis for years and have felt like such an outsider, but I found a bipolar 2 support subreddit and it means so much to see people with the same diagnosis going through very similar symptoms and feelings. Threads like this are fantastic, but if anyone has a very specific disorder, I highly recommend looking for support from people who share that same experience. It helps me feel understood and justified in my diagnosis.

waking season likes this.
  20. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

C8045ACE-C337-4DD8-8290-935E7C23A816.jpeg

I don’t really know where else to share this. I woke up to an anxiety attack this morning and had a sense of impending doom. I’m house sitting for my dad out in the woods/on a lake. When I went to sit down in the office to work today I noticed this owl stuck in the netting my dad has to protect his chickens. At first I didn’t realize it was stuck and tried shooing it away. When I realized it was tangled in the net I went out to cut it free. I was wary that it might panic and claw/bite me but it was very calm, I’m sure it was exhausted from trying to get free but I’m convinced it knew I was trying to help. I teared up when I finally cut enough of the net that it could fly away. I’m not a spiritual person at all but I was/am deeply moved by this. My dad is away for a few more days, if I wasn’t here the owl probably would not have made it. I don’t really know what I’m trying to say but I’m so thankful to have been able to help the owl.

Edit: I feel weird posting this picture because I took it when the owl was stuck but it was able to get away

21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Wow, that is a hell of a story and for me a pretty powerful picture as well. It would really affect me if I had to do it, I would of been terrified. I've never gotten a good look at an owl before.

bigmike and waking season like this.
  22. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Neither had I, it was so much bigger than I would’ve thought. So happy I was able to save it while none of the chickens were harmed. I don’t think I’ve had anything make me feel like this before. I’ve been struggling a lot with the monotony of covid life and this was such a stark reminder that we all matter.

23. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

This pandemic is mentally beating the shit out of me. It's so hard to deal with and it's only going to get worse in the winter.

24. Jason

Regular

I feel you. These past few months I've been spending more time than usual just thinking about death; like what happens once you die. Heaven? Hell? Reincarnation?

And I just saw a headline where I believe it was an ER nurse stating that patients on their death bed due to Covid were denying it's existence, still insisting it's a hoax.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  25. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Those thoughts are in my head like every second of every day. My brother, grandfather, my parents friend and my mother's aunt (who she was very close to) all died within months of each other last year and I'm just like...well fuck. I just can't bring myself to believe in anything after life at this point. But I'm trying to make life matter if I can and I'm doing a shit job at it. My anxiety about death sends me into attacks and I had to go to the ER. This year blows. Last year blew.

I can't believe they think it's a myth or something. I just don't understand that. It's so so frustrating and just sad at this point.