Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 336

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Me too:( So much anger, anxiety, and general despair coupled with helplessness because nothing I do will make it better since most of these feelings are a direct result of the state of this dumbass country.

2. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

Took the words out of my mouth. I used to joke that I was always pissed off at my core but this year has made it reality. I'm just frothing with hate and mistrust and hostility every second. I go out for walks to clear my head (yanno, when the heat isn't punishing) and half the time I keep expecting to see someone coming at me with a knife or some shit. Feels like I've completely entered a new headspace I've never been in before and I have no clue how to handle it besides just be a bitch. Oh well.

At least I don't feel the need to drink anymore. Got bored of it.

RyanPm40 and waking season like this.
  3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Girl I could've written this too. Down to the nightmares and lack of self care and typical hygiene due to depression. For the last few months I've been having nightmares regularly and it honestly leaves me so unsettled and depressed all day. I wish I had a fix or words of wisdom but I wish you the best

4. Kiana

Also this is related to my depression but I literally can't be sad when I watch this video it is just so wholesome and makes me happy

Shakriel likes this.
  5. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

I'm fucking over this shit, man. I'm just gonna stick it out till the end of grad school in hopes the one year I'll get that isn't spoiled by COVID will be fun, and then end things off after graduation. Close the book with a flourish. I can't deal with this fucking world anymore.

6. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

someone from my past i hadnt talked to much for the past 8-9 years reached out yesterday. just hearing 'i believe in you' from someone who knew me well before i lost myself meant a lot.

St. Nate, Crisp X, Shakriel and 11 others like this.
  7. djwildefire

Trusted

Have had a couple friends from back in college recently contact me just to catch up, and even that felt really nice.

waking season and Carmen SD like this.
  8. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Moved back in with my parents due to the pandemic and dealing with an alcoholic parent after not being around it regularly in a few years has been very rough.

sophos34, K0ta, Mary V and 2 others like this.
  9. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I know it's hard to see but please remember how much you're loved and needed in this world :heart:

Lived with an alcoholic/drug addicted parent for many years, if you ever want to vent I'm always here to listen.

Mary V and maryp1603 like this.
  10. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Thank you. ❤️

K0ta likes this.
  11. Ferris

I was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder nearly 20 years ago [I'm 34 now] and I just wanted to wade in to say that talking about things really does help. I know it's beyond cliched, but it's true. I spent a decade completely silent about my conditions and a decade speaking out about it to encourage others to speak to a loved one, so I feel like I have a decent grasp on both sides of the coin.

Some of the things that help/helped me;

> Deleting all social media. You cannot keep comparing your life to highlight reels.
    > Getting out for a run/walk every single morning, rain or shine. No headphones, just thoughts.
    > Small routines daily; such as making bed instantly, meditation, 30 minutes to procrastinate, etc.
    > Watching documentaries as opposed to movies; there are so many lessons you can learn and do.
    > If you do social stuff, at least curate your feeds to remove trigger accounts or negative accounts.
    > Find a hobby in which you never ever seek public validation for - do it for your love of it alone.
    > Embrace nostalgia. I do this almost every single day. Sip a coffee and think back to your childhood.
    > Give [what you can afford] to a charity close to your heart - knowing your coins helps others is valuable.
    > CALL someone you know/love and just catch up - no agenda. It's so rare these days to 'just talk'.
    > Say a gratitude prayer before bed every night to your god/universe. It reminds me of how much I actually have.

I'd be happy to speak to any of you via PM if you want someone to personally reach out to.

You are all loved.
    Have an awesome weekend.

12. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

This was lovely, thanks for posting. Definitely going to try to start the ones on here I’m not already doing. After finally starting therapy this year, I can attest to how much it helps to talk about things.

Mary V and RyanPm40 like this.
  13. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Needed this.

14. Carmen SD

Trusted

So someone is harassing me with text messages knowing my ex. I text my ex to ask why multiple numbers from a certain area code are contacting me asking about him. He said he “doesnt Know” which is probably a lie. But to block them -.- I also asked for my cats things back and long story short he left them outside for anyone to take not even asking me if I got them, plus I told them to look for a few toys that’s I never got, so 1 he never said he found the toys either... he wouldn’t even hear me out like the horrible person he is. It hurts so much to have been lied to not only for two year, but how he’s treating me. Someone who claimed the relationship meant a lot shouldn’t treat someone like he’s treating me. Some of the cat items I can’t find in store anymore. I’m glad I never let that horrible person keep my cat.

Edit: I want to say I think this person texting me is the girl he quickly dated after he left me. Not sure if they’re still together. Don’t know how she got my number. Also my ex wasn’t a part of social media (never used it and even refused to add me). I only met one of his friends (she’s married). So I’m at a loss.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I’m miserable as fuck

16. MegT585

Trusted

Really struggling tonight mentally.

Mcrx likes this.
  17. Kiana

I think my new meds might be working and it is so bizarre like I don't know what to do with myself like I have some energy and motivation but nothing to do with it. Today I cooked breakfast and dinner and went to the gym and the store and cleaned out my car and walked around the track and watched an entire movie and read a lil bit of a book and took a nap and like... Still had half the day left??

18. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

I know it’s not easily available for everyone, but therapy is truly my lifesaver.

19. Carmen SD

Trusted

Because it affects my mental health... okcupid really went more downhill. I went on my computer instead of app because it heard you can search better... boy was I wrong! It’s the same as the app. You can’t “search” anymore. It’s only “recommended” and as I mentioned, they tell you to update your preferences, yet the majority in your stack doesn’t even match what’s you chose, it’s just random! At this rate I’m not going to find anymore. I’m tired of being alone and I want someone. If only you could see my choices, you wouldn’t know why I’m always complaining. I tried MeetMe. It sucks. It’s a combination of pof and I don’t even know what. Nearly as bad a pof, which is the worst imo. Maybe I’ll try bumble again. I want someone to talk to. I want someone to do things with. I feel like the longer I’m alone, the more awkward I get- not sure how to describe it. It’s like there’s this small fear of me ending up homeless because i won’t be able to qualify for an appt where I live and low income is very hard to get into. I think that’s the fear in the back of my mind. Being homeless. I don’t know. My mind is a mess and I can’t describe how I feel.

20. Kiana

Like Covid isnt depressing enough now we have the wildfires making it so smokey u can't escape it even inside, and we definitely can't go outside which is the ONE thing we could do with Covid, provided there weren't lots of people. Can't even go on a walk now. 2020 I'm done holding ur beer gtfo with this nonsense

Mcrx and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  21. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

At least the sky isn’t as red as it was earlier this week!?

Kiana likes this.
  22. Kiana

We never got the red sky over here thankfully but we're getting like a delayed response because it's finally carrying over here from two different directions

23. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

I miss my loved ones dog

Mcrx likes this.
  24. Jams

Trusted

Might be losing my job but who knows bc my client refuses to give me a straight answer!!! I’ve made $5 over the last 2 days bc they’ve sent me basically no work but they refuse to tell me why or how long this is going to last. Thanks for all the stress and anxiety ya asshole!!!!

Mcrx likes this.
  25. Mcrx

Regular

I'm feeling anxious and kindof sad right now. It's the middle of the night so it's already a rough time for me, but I'm just worried about something I said that might scare away someone I really care about. Bleh! Hate this feeling! Hate that people I've cared about in the past have cut me out of their lives. :'(