Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 329

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Feeling some of the side effects now from starting Prozac (or at least I assume it’s from it). Mostly causing a little more anxiety than I would normally feel which exacerbated my physical issue a little.

put together a list of potential therapists and plan to start doing outreach later this week.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  2. mad

I was right. Prestigious

something I’ve done recently that has had a positive effect on my mental health: I unfollowed a bunch of irrelevant people from my past that turns out I don’t actually care about what they’re doing with their lives, and replaced them with artists and activists. my insta feed is a much better place now

3. I’ve been trying to say this for so long. The survivors who have come forward about Chris D’Elia are incredible. However, the news still hits so close to home. I wish it was actually safe and healthy to voice our truth.

4. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I feel like I’ll never feel happiness again
    Every day is just waiting for the day to be over
    I don’t know how people just get over things and move on

5. Renee

dry clean only Prestigious

You will. It just sucks there's no clear timeline.
    *gestures at world* isnt helping either

6. Shakriel

So, I started a search for a therapist, first time ever. reached out to one Thursday, said she'd have time for an intro call on Thursday and then I spent all day anxious and waiting to hear from her. then she emails and apologizes and says 9:30am today and i spend the morning anxious and waiting and here we are 40 mins later and still nothing.

well, crossing them off the list. brilliant start, but whatever. Have a list of 5 other possible therapists so I'm just moving on to the next name.

7. figureitout

Regular

One of those nights where absolutely nothing is working to distract me from the loneliness and emptiness. I just want to sleep and want this day to be over.

waking season likes this.
  8. Shakriel

Just very low today.

figureitout and waking season like this.
  9. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

upload_2020-6-20_21-36-32.gif

I feel you, I’ve been in a big funk the last few days.

Shakriel likes this.
  10. Shakriel

waking season likes this.
  11. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I just spend my days online shopping for useless material items I don't need using money I should be saving up in order to fill this weird emotional void of depression and lack of control during Covid

200-6.gif

maryp1603, Crisp X, awwgereee and 7 others like this.
  12. Shakriel

I understand this too well

awwgereee and Renee like this.
  13. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

I'm staying off of social media as much as possible today because seeing everyone post about father's day is just making me really upset

bigmike likes this.
  14. Shakriel

[​IMG]

15. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

Your hug gifs never cease to make me smile so thank you, I needed that

16. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Don't think I managed to sleep a single second the past 2 nights lol RIP me

17. Jake W

I need to drastically change myself if I'm ever going to be even slightly happy, but even just thinking about that makes me so anxious that I'm just going to stay in my lonely bubble until something kills me lol

18. Crisp X Jun 22, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 22, 2020)
    Now that I've gone back on a regular schedule, ie. waking up around 6 am instead of starting my journeys between 1 and 4 am, I've found it difficult to stay awake in the evenings. I've been passing out at 10 pm or a little more for the past week. I did go out a few times for errands, or appointments far away, but still, I don't feel like I've been doing much effort. It's taking its toll on me a little, because I keep waking up thinking I failed the previous day etc.

Is this what turning 25 feels like? Much like how I'm getting drunk much faster now? I think I'll start exercising again, and see if it changes anything in that regard.

edit: How do we change usernames again

19. Jake W

My friend who's my last remaining irl friend started talking to me for the first time in over a month last night. We've been drifting a part for a while because she works a lot has finally found someone to love who actually appreciates her and doesn't treat her like shit. She seems so happy right now and I'm happy for her but also at the same time I just keep thinking about how everyone ends up happier when they move on and leave me behind lmao. I know how selfish it is but when I see people actually achieve what I wish I could I get so jealous

Actually managed to sleep 4 hours last night out of complete exhaustion then work up and was reminded of how alone I am and it went all downhill from there lmao. I'm so pathetic. Now it's not even 8am, I'm so tired and just want to pass out forever

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  20. Jake W

This is going to be a LONG day lol

21. Jake W

Amazing how no matter how bad I feel its always possible to get worse lmao

22. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I have a job where I get anger and frustration and abuse my way all day. People threatening to bomb me and shoot me and calling me every insult in the book. I worked a 12 hour shift today and it was honestly just like 12 hours of people mad at me and venting. I feel like it makes me so defensive in my everyday life. Like I think I used to handle criticism better in my personal life. Now I'm just so used to always being on the defensive and am so tired that if anyone gets after me for anything, even if I deserve it, I just already have a wall up and don't want to hear it. It's not good for being self-aware or having growth.

23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It seems like at least a positive to have some contact with your friend again. I’ve been feeling super isolated lately and I’m trying to make myself reach out to some people instead of just letting it get worse in my head. Maybe now that you’ve reconnected you can stay in touch more?

I’m sorry that you have to deal with something so stressful in the first place and that it’s hurting you elsewhere as well. The fact that you’re aware of it happening seems like you still have a good grasp of being self aware, at least from my outside perspective seeing how you talk about your own reactions.

Jake W and Kiana like this.
  24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Also things have been hard this week. I’ve been going through different stages recently where one week I might be generally positive and holding up well, then the next I’ll be super on edge and angry and unable to sleep or keep my thoughts from racing, and now this week I’ve just felt really sad and down on myself and been beating myself up for any little mistake. I can feel the way I think when I get badly depressed starting to come out again, where I just totally doubt that I’m worth anything and assume everything I do is always wrong and everyone hates me.

I am trying to reach out to people instead of totally closing myself off, but then I risk bumping into something I always worry about which is only contacting friends when I’m struggling and I need support instead of actually being there for them and having a close connection all the time. When things are bad that worry often makes me just not say anything because I don’t want to upset anyone with my problems.

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

as someone whose brain tells them the same bullshit it isn't true you're great