Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 323

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Ah I see. That’s annoying having to always make an appointment to get your prescription refilled, that’s something I’ve already been dreading and hoping my doctor will fill it over the phone eventually. Good luck with your psychiatrist though! Hope it works out for you.

Mcrx and Shakriel like this.
  2. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Yeah, hopefully your doctor handles it a little better than mine did. Thanks! I've never done this before so I'm excited to see whether it all helps me our not haha.

Mcrx and Signifire like this.
  3. Scarecrow Boat

Regular

Friendly reminder to everyone thats it’s okay to give yourself a mental break from all the bullshit happening in the world right now. Had to remind myself that today after just scrolling through Twitter and the politics thread all day which can take a toll on you lol. Also idk if it’s been mentioned but headspace has some free meditations up, which help me sometimes.

GrantCloud, Mcrx, jkauf and 1 other person like this.
  4. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I've had significant issues relating to sleep. I woke up in the middle of the night and I can't remember my dreams very well, but I always remember the feelings after. Like today I woke up feeling so depressed and had suicidal thoughts and whatever the dream was, I just remember it was distressing. I think it involved my mom somehow too. Idk. Does anyone elses dreams or sleep impact them in this way? My bf doesn't get it. He falls asleep easily and even if he has a nightmare he just wakes up and goes "oh that sucks, glad I'm awake" and is over it. I seem to get so much stress and anxiety and depression over it. It makes the next morning so hard to function.

Mary V, Mcrx and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  5. Shakriel

[​IMG]

I shrug off most nightmares fairly easily, though some linger on in my thoughts for a few hours after. It's the happy dreams that sort of hurt me the most. I'll wake up and know that was nothing but a dream and I'm stuck where I am, which inevitably depresses me and haunts me for that day.

Mcrx and Kiana like this.
  6. Scarecrow Boat

Regular

I’m with you. I wake up and just feel very low for a little while. I just remind myself over and over it’s not actually real and try and push away the bad feelings

Mcrx, EASheartsVinyl and Kiana like this.
  7. Shakriel

Been coming apart the last few days. just so fucking worn out. I want out.

Mcrx and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Absolutely. My sleep has been really bad for the last week or so and it’s weighing on me. I also get badly impacted by my nightmares regularly, but luckily that hasn’t happened on top of bad sleep recently. Every now and then I wake up sobbing because of what I was dreaming and just keep crying while I’m awake. I also have certain dreams that unsettle me so much that I have to get out of bed and move around because I feel like whatever was happening or scaring me is still in the space for a while. It’s always draining when that happens.

[​IMG]

Mcrx, Shakriel and Kiana like this.
  9. Shakriel

[​IMG]

Mcrx and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  10. Mcrx

Regular

Thanks! Yeah, I couldn't even read through my Twitter timeline for a few days and I obviously took a break from this thread even for awhile from the virus stuff. Feeling better though. Recharging really helps! :)

I'm not sure how these two posts got connected lol but Kiana-ghost hug from me too! I've only had this happen a couple of times, but like Shakriel says, I often get upset over more pleasant dreams and then waking up to reality...but luckily haven't had that for awhile. I hear ya about the bf/hubby thing. My hubby is pretty much the same...although, I suppose he will wake me up or want to talk about it later if he has a nightmare...I mean, either they are the really disturbing ones or he doesn't have them often.
    yeah, like i said, this is more what bugs me too. Hugs

Hugs

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  11. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

Experienced my first major legit panic attack in over five years last night. Spent a solid few minutes incapable of breathing, shaking violently and uncontrollably, hyperventilating, dry heaving and hacking up phlegm, damn near puked. Didn't really know where else to put this. Social media is too stressful for it.

zigbigwig likes this.
  12. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I actually took Tuesday off because I was mentally drained by the news/politics, lol

Scarecrow Boat likes this.
  13. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Ok, this might be a weird question...
    Is it ok to recommend therapy to someone you’re close with? And if so, how?

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  14. mad

I was right. Prestigious

when I have in the past I’ve mentioned how helpful I’ve found it for myself and the fact that I believe everyone would benefit from therapy.

15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I really really hate how often my brain has been sending me bad memories to overanalyze and obsess over lately. Every little mistake I’ve made or something unkind I did a decade ago just keep looping through and keeping me awake.

16. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

My therapist and I haven't spoken since mid April and she hasn't attempted to check in with me once. This is someone I've been seeing for more than 3 years, and when she last spoke to me she knew I was having trouble with staying sober.

The break has me rethinking some things.

17. Shakriel

I hope you’re doing ok!

18. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Girlfriend broke up with me and I feel bad feeling bad about it with everything going on, like I need to keep it bottled cause there’s so much more important things for my heart to break over.

19. Shakriel

[​IMG]

20. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Thank you. All things considered, I'm pretty great. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt bc I was getting back on Vivitrol at the time but it's not my only issue with her so idk.

21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Getting my sleep back in order is my biggest priority for the near future. I was handling everything pretty well, but now that I often haven’t been falling asleep until three or four I’ve just been a mess.

I have been trying to take a few positive steps for easing my fears about the outside world, because that’s still weighing on my mind a lot. I don’t want to get to the point where I’m completely afraid to leave the house forever, even if the virus becomes less of an ongoing danger. I’m not ready to do as much as I’d like yet, but I feel like I’m slowly increasing the list of behaviors that still make me feel safe and less boxed in.

figureitout, Mary V, jkauf and 3 others like this.
  22. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I’m the lowest I’ve ever been right now, and I’ve previously thought that many times. I can barely do anything anymore. Don’t even have the energy to go on my daily walks or work out. Feel like I’m going to cry at all moments. I don’t know what to do.

GrantCloud, jkauf, zigbigwig and 3 others like this.
  23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

if it helps it seems like they're starting to get handle on what's safe and what isn't
    The risk levels of everyday activities like dining out, going to the gym, and getting a haircut, according to an infectious-disease expert

is your insomnia also related to anxiety and not being able to shut your brain off I know mine is

24. Shakriel

I'm very much living day to day right now. Some days I can keep my anxiety in check, while others I can't. My physical problems are the largest cause of my anxiety, basically overshadowing what's going on in the world. I don't know if they're ever going to completely go away and that scares me because i don't want to live like this. It's already been a month and I hate being awake so fucking much.

Been going for a lot of walks for exercise and to quiet the mind as I just focus on the outdoors and whatever podcast I'm listening to. Walked 90 minutes yesterday between two walks and then 75 mins this morning after I woke up. I have no idea if it's helping me aside from temporarily quieting any anxiety that was building up before the walk.

25. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yes, absolutely. I get in negative cyclical thinking and overanalyze everything I’ve ever said or done and convince myself that everyone hates me and that goes on for hours and hours.

I’ll check that link out now. I have heard some of that information about getting a better idea of what is risky, so more and more in that area will be a huge help.