Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 315

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Since the start of the confinement, I thought I had it all together. But now I'm having a hard time staying productive, if it even means anything in this climate, or even eating breakfast or just taking care of myself properly. I'm having weirdly nostalgic dreams too, which fucks me up even more.

My uncle suddenly died of the virus two days ago. He had been living in a nursing home for a long time due to schizophrenia. The thing is, when my aunt told my mom and I, it's like I wasn't even in shock, I just got on with my day... barely able to emote. But then I just couldn't stop thinking about the fact he had no idea about what's going on, and kept asking his relatives why no one was coming to see him anymore. It feels like it's not hitting me fully all at once, but in irregular intervals. I haven't had the courage to call anyone in my family about it, and vice versa, not even my brother. We're not the most tight knit family, to the point, for the last few years, we've only all been together at funerals... which is depressing.

I can't wait for all of this to be over.

Shakriel, Mary V and bigmike like this.
  2. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

[​IMG]

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  3. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I had one of the worst feeling fevers I’ve ever had in my life yesterday. Woke up today and feel just fine, physically. But I laid in bed panicking all day yesterday while I shivered under two blankets in full clothes that I would have to go to the hospital and then never get to see my girlfriend or family again. I know my girlfriend is already scared and this whole pandemic has heightened her anxiety a lot, so I’ve tried to not add more on but it was the most scared I’ve been through all of this and it was all I kept dreaming and thinking about yesterday and I’m worn out.

EASheartsVinyl, Joe4th and zigbigwig like this.
  4. Shakriel

glad to hear you're feeling better! Saw your politics threads posts yesterday.

[​IMG]

5. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Thank you for always being such a positive force in these forums.

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

It's hard to cope with the fact that anything that was upsetting me previously didn't go away even with the much more important upsetting shit going on that makes me feel like it's selfish to have low self esteem now

7. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Ugh I've been having a really rough time coping with what's going on in the world right now and am constantly worried about leaving the house due to a compromised immune system. I told my girlfriend that we should have a laundromat clean our stuff for us, and she agreed with me, but when I made the suggestion that we should leave it in the plastic bag at the end of the hall for 3 days due to the virus surviving on plastic for that long, she laughed and told me that seems crazy. Very frustrated.

bigmike likes this.
  8. Shakriel

Shame she isn't taking it seriously given your health issue. I do swear I've read somewhere that while they might find traces or whatever (not entirely sure of terms here) of coronavirus on stuff, it's often not there in a way that could infect anyone. Or something. Something to look into anyway?

Also, mandatory:
    [​IMG]

bigmike and RyanPm40 like this.
  9. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Thank you so much for that :). Yeah, it's especially frustrating because she's overweight and been a smoker for 17 years so she isn't really a low risk individual in all of this either :-/. I do know that after the 3 days, the virus's RNA can stick around and that won't get you sick, but otherwise there still seems to be risk from what I've read anyways, but I'm going to keep doing some googling heh

bigmike likes this.
  10. Shakriel

I feel like a ton of people still aren't taking things seriously despite everything we've seen and heard, which is so stressful. That might be what I was thinking of, regarding the RNA! Either way, do take whatever precautions might be necessary, don't put your health at risk just because she doesn't seem to be serious about corona.

bigmike and RyanPm40 like this.
  11. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

What's the point in being alive lol

12. Shakriel Apr 4, 2020
    (Last edited: Apr 5, 2020)
    Shakriel

Definitely struggling. Last two weeks have sort of upended everything for me. First my cat passed way and then this week my boss quit for a new job elsewhere without much advance notice. It’s basically just us two in our department and suddenly two things used to anchor me are gone. I’ll find out Monday what my new superiors plan to do to help me out. Just really stressed and worn the fuck out.

like it’s good I still have a job despite everything going on but it’s a real slog to keep going. Just waiting to see what more bad news is coming my way.

definitely a lot of suicidal/self-harm ideation these last few weeks. Sigh.

13. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I am so sorry to hear about your cat. My girlfriends cat is 14 years old and I’m terrified of losing her during the pandemic, despite her not showing any signs of slowing down. Can’t imagine what you’re going through.

14. Shakriel

Thank you. I only had him all of three months! Sure, I adopted him knowing he had some health issues, but didn't expect the additional issues that plagued his short time with me.

Colby Searcy and bigmike like this.
  15. PeacefulOrca Apr 5, 2020
    PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Realized I just can’t be on here, it was bad and toxic before but it’s gotten even worse because of the pandemic. Going through a lotttt of shit and just can’t deal with the snobbery of this world (especially online) lately. Everything that was already an issue is just magnified to 10x what it was before all of this and every day just feels like a hill that can’t be climbed. Why can’t people just have respect for others without having to throwing out disses and insults because they think it makes them look cool? The whole thing is so fudging frustrating. I’m trying my hardest to help as many people as I can but every day feels like a blur, it’s just so upsetting and it’s hard not to feel completely helpless despite your best efforts. Bless mutual aid for existing, they help so many of the most vulnerable people.

Stay safe everyone

16. PeacefulOrca Apr 5, 2020
    PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I feel y’all my older cat passed two years ago and I’m so worried about my other one, he’s going to be 15 and maybe I’m just overthinking it but he seems slower than usual. My older one had a gradual decline and I just am so worried something might be going on. I was going to take him to the vet again because despite the vet saying he had perfect health just a few months ago, I wanted to get his teeth checked and they're only coming in for emergencies so I’m just really paranoid about it lately. There’s no signs of any change at all, it’s just hard not to think the worst stuff right now. He literally came up next to me as I was writing this haha

Also, so many people are losing their jobs right now. Know you’re not alone, there is so much uncertainty going on and everyone is just as scared. Remember everyone is in this together and right now there are a lot of brave people doing everything they can to help people in need. Bosses suck, that’s universal. One of my friends has watched so many people at their job be fired but has been all but guaranteed they’re safe, it’s brutal. Try your best to take everything day by day.

17. Anyone else really struggling just getting out of bed each day? Like, what’s the point when every day is the same?

18. Shakriel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mary V likes this.
  20. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

It’s really hitting me today that people I know will likely die from this and it’s fucking with me pretty bad. Hope you’re all well.

21. Shakriel

I think about this scene way too often, it applies to a lot of my life way too closely.

[​IMG]
    everything is so fucked. This is one aspect I'm doing my best to not ponder a lot.

Mary V and waking season like this.
  22. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I was doing fairly well with that part of it so far, just trying to suppress the thought but it reared its ugly head today.

23. Shakriel

Yeah, thoughts will crop up. But hopefully most of your family and friends are able to shelter in place, and for those that can't, take the proper precautions. :heart:

waking season likes this.
  24. Carmen SD

Trusted

Crossing my fingers "super cute guy" doesn't ghost me. Some of the conversation implied a possible potential date. If we end up meeting I'm worried he won't like me. My BDD gets worse by day. I don't feel like I'm good enough for anyone. I'm sure he talks to lots of girls so I shouldn't expect anything. I feel like he looks familiar and it bothers me not knowing where I seen his face before. I'm really bad at talking and coming up with conversation I don't know what to do

Shakriel likes this.
  25. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Working at a grocery store, the burnout is so real. Between all the protocols getting put in place every other day to the real fear of potentially being infected every shift, my spirits are at an all time low. Haven’t seen my daughter in close to a month, she has respiratory issues and I don’t want to take the risk and get her sick. I just feel so alone sometimes, more than usual anyway