Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 314

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Feels weird that I almost killed myself on May 1st last year and now almost a year later everything is way worse

2. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Can't remember the last time a felt this hopeless lol

3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I hate waking up and thinking I have to get dressed for work. I've gained weight and none of my clothes fit so I dread having to squeeze into something too tight and uncomfortable and unflattering. That alone makes me not wanna get up. I miss the gym. Hard to be active in my tiny lil apartment

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  4. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

me: constantly stresses out I am going to do bad in my classes

also me: I see my scores and all my essays get A's and all my tests get A's and thinks HOW

I am the worst sometimes

5. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

i mean, if it works, it works. better than the opposite.

6. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

y'all are awesome and i hope today is a good day for you. stay positive. love eachother. we all need it.

7. Shakriel

I'm a mess and tired of fucking existing. just simply fuck everything. today was such a fucking dick punch of top of everything else. i cant handle the sudden emptiness of my apartment, but i'm not allowed out. just fuck everything.

8. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

9. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

seemingly no one giving a shit that Biden is a rapist is really getting to me rn, among all the other horrible things going on at the moment.

10. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

11. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Just did a Zoom meeting with six of my kindergarteners. I haven’t seen them in about two weeks. I have tears in my eyes and I hardly ever cry.

12. Shakriel

Doing better today, but still plenty of down moments. tis not fun

GrantCloud, RamonaQuimby and bigmike like this.
  13. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

I’ve been feeling a lot better now that I’m not spending my days reading about all the updates in relation to the virus. It’s important to stay informed, but I was becoming entirely too wrapped up in everything and it was severely impacting my depression which is already at an all time high. I’ve learned how important it is to try to take your mind off of things that are weighing so heavily on you.

14. drewinseries

Drew

This is a fascinating read highlighting the discomfort a lot of us are feeling. Honestly reading it feels helpful and makes me feel better about the situation. Thank you.

jkauf and bigmike like this.
  15. RamonaQuimby

Trusted

This helped me a lot thank you for posting.

Mary V, jkauf, bigmike and 1 other person like this.
  16. Shakriel

Last couple of days haven’t been good.

17. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I keep thinking I’m holding it together pretty well but then when the tiniest little thing happens I burst into tears.

GrantCloud, Mary V, Signifire and 4 others like this.
  18. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I can’t find a way to talk today. Everyone in the house keeps asking for my attention and I just don’t even look at them or say a word. This hasn’t happened before.

bigmike and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  19. Shakriel

[​IMG]

20. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I truly do not know how I’m going to get through this quarantine living at my family’s house. It’s awful knowing that 5/6 of us would be fine in the house together, but my step dad is making it harder for everyone. I really hope this is eye opening for my mom.

21. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

I feel like I'm just a day or two away from having a complete mental breakdown. I mean, I've felt like that for like the last two weeks, but it's getting so hard trying to hold everything together.

22. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I’m still surviving, but idk how I’ll be come June 10th which is my state’s new shelter in place order.

bigmike likes this.
  23. Shakriel

Everything is so bad all of the time and now the additional news/stress of my boss leaving abruptly and dumping everything into my lap with no lead time to prepare. I'm just sitting here just feeling both numb and completely freaked out. I'm not in a position to feel comfortable about this at all and don't know what to do.

bigmike likes this.
  24. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

Still surviving, but in a daze. Thank goodness for Animal Crossing to help wind me down, but I have to get groceries tomorrow and I'm fucking terrified. My stomach's been churning all day just thinking about it.

25. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I totally understand how you're feeling and am the same way (including my love for Animal Crossing).

If it helps, I found that going right when the store opened was beneficial for me. Went to Walmart at 7am on a Saturday, and while the place wasn't empty, it was far less crowded than when I went to another local store after work the week prior. Even found TP. At the least, that will slightly improve your chances of social distancing, and things will be as sanitary as they can be from the night before.

I'm not a morning person by any means, and immediately went to bed when I got back home, but it was worth it to me. I had a full blown panic attack when I went to the local supermarket the week before because it was completely packed and I saw someone who looked ill. Tomorrow will be 14 days since then so I think I'm now safe from that interaction thankfully :/

shogunTORTOISE and Mrplum5089 like this.