Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 312

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

Chiming in with agreement with feeling helpless. After everything, all the energy, the campaigning, the work to feel better and get better mental health practices it just feels like when you try twice as hard, the world beats you down three times as much. I'm on day four of isolation. Lucky enough to still at least have work in a quiet building with no more than like, six people. We'll see if that continues. All I know is despite that I'm not sure how much more of this insane world I can take.

2. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Actually managed to sleep last night. It's amazing how much better I feel instantly after a decent sleep. Just hoping it's not a one off.

3. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Woke up this morning and my asthma (I hope) was acting up. I’m now at the stage where I’m convinced this thing is going to kill me so that’s fun.

K0ta likes this.
  4. Last night at work, the tension was too much I felt like I was holding back tears throughout. Couldn't think clearly and consistently perform the tasks I'm supposed to correctly. Some colleagues were still not taking it seriously, and not respecting any distance. I can't do this anymore

Mary V and K0ta like this.
  5. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

It’s definitely asthma/allergies because my inhaler is working and I don’t have a fever but there’s always that voice deep down saying I’m fucked

K0ta likes this.
  6. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Needed to hear this despite how negative I am still feeling. Trying to remember that the fight doesn't end here.

7. Jake W

It's getting more depressing here every day. It would be bad enough if the British government didn't care about anyone, but they've made it clear that they're only care about and are willing to help rich people and its so fucking depressing. I don't think I can cope with it getting any worse than it already.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  8. Sending so much love to you all. Maybe we could work out a group Skype call or something? Online communities are more important than ever. Nobody here should feel alone.

Shakriel, mad, xapplexpiex and 6 others like this.
  9. Jake W

Is it bad that the "stay safe remember to socially isolate" posts you see everywhere I really starting to be to me? Like that's why I personally don't feel safe right now and it just seems like no one understands that side of it cares?

xapplexpiex likes this.
  10. Well, my workplace is shutting down tomorrow and for at least 15 days. That will lower some of my anxiety at least

EASheartsVinyl and Shakriel like this.
  11. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I like this idea! I’m doing one with some college friends tonight and I think it’ll be really important to be able to virtually interact and hang out during times like these.

Mary V and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  12. Mcrx

Regular

I'm soooo very sorry for this, but I'm gonna have to duck out of this thread for a bit, till this corona bsht is over. It's just too much "heavy" as someone put it and triggering. Surely there are worse things happening in the world and in individuals' lives, but this one hits me personally, not in the sense that I or anyone I know has it, but just that circumstances that affect me are happening.

It's just a mess and I'd like to avoid it! I'd offer to chat about other things if I was tagged or PMed, but I'm not sure anyone here feels comfortable or knows me well enough yet for that so... I dunno. But just know that I care. I DO care about people and how they're getting by in all this, but I just can't handle that specifically. And if you have other issues, I want to re-emphasize what others have said here,

YOUR issues are JUST AS VALUABLE and VALID as what's going on in the world!

So with that, I just want to send my best wishes and regards to all of you. Hopefully this passes really soon so that we can get to chatting again, er, I mean I know this is a heavy thread...I guess I mean so I can help comfort you.

Peace and love!

13. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

Everyday I dread going to work and I'm only on a day 2 of an 8 day run. Corporate refuses to lock the doors to the public so we still have people coming in a perusing through books/games/going to our cafe and getting pissy when we tell them to take their food/drinks outside. They continue to cut my part timers hours as well as mine cause of the shortened times we do stay open. I may just take the route of self quarantine since I'm at risk as well as the people I live with. I won't get paid but it's better than risking my health and the health and lives of others.

bigmike likes this.
  14. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

My work is having me do home visits even if families are sick. If they're sick we just have to meet outside or they have to stand in the doorway. I was complaining about this to my roommate and she said I should be grateful I'm even getting paid right now since others are not, and like I am thankful, but I still think it's bs that I feel like it's "when" I get sick not "if" because of these practices. Like I get I have to see families, but idk. I'm not gonna be able to see them if I'm sick and end up in quarantine either.

15. awwgereee

I’ve been very overwhelmed lately with the news and have restricted how much time I spend online in an effort to take care of myself and be more present, but I’m really not doing well. Everything with the coronavirus is kicking my anxiety into overdrive. To make things worse, the future with my husband’s work seems to be falling apart and it’s really scary and unsettling, especially since we have a baby due in a couple months. Also, given my health history I have to go to the hospital fairly often for appointments on top of my regular prenatal appointments, but part of me doesn’t want to out of fear of carrying something home and getting my kids sick. We’ve been self isolated/socially distant for almost a week now, and while I know it’s the best thing to do, it’s been extremely lonely and makes reality feel even more bleak. It just feels like all of the stress is piling on and like there is no end in sight. I feel like I’m barely hanging on most days.

aliens exist, K0ta, Joe4th and 5 others like this.
  16. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

My brother is an adult probation officer and he just got the “work from home” mandate but he’s still required to do his field check ups AND do the drug tests at the end of the month. Like, it’s cool he has a paycheck but also stupid that he, and you, still have to go out all the time.

Petit nain des Îles and Kiana like this.
  17. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Yeah it's an interesting thing to be an "essential" employee. Nice to get paid and still have work, but also stressful, constantly encountering sick clients, and trying to find a good boundary. A lot of other service providers in the community can switch to Skype or phone calls or TeleHealth but we can't.

Petit nain des Îles and bigmike like this.
  18. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

waking season likes this.
  19. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

My roommate doesn’t seem to be taking this seriously at all and it’s stressing me the fuck out. I think I’m just going to hole up in my room except to use the kitchen.

20. Carmen SD

Trusted

Not like anyone cares or remembers me, but I haven't been well. Still can't sleep and still a mess. After being unemployed for a month during the holidays, I found a job...that I was lied to and fucked over again within a month. At the same time as I started that job, I took an "on-call" job because I have no trust anymore, and glad I did. Eventually I found something else, but now I just started that and now coronavirus shutting everything down, so I have to pick up shifts at my on-call job where I'm at risk with no hazard pay. Aside from the jobs thing, my ex took no time to move on, making me feel like I meant nothing, and everything was a lie-this also eating me alive. And because I had gotten fucked over by that one job during the holidays, I was no longer qualified for these low income apartments I was waitlisted for (actually called me and said I was next on the list). It literally seemed to have everything I needed, I guess I have to wait another year and get back on the list. Anyway, because I've been trying to get a place so I can take my cat from my ex (he wanted to keep the cat, will not let it!), I have to spend out the ass on rent- just got approved for an apartment. I needed this so I can take my cat and never speak to him again. He became someone I didn't think he'd be. I'm still damaged, but trying. I know I'll be alone for the rest of my life, and trying to live with it. The choice of guys in my town are still terrible and no one is serious about dating. Nothing I can do about that. So this is everything thats been going on lately.

21. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

existential dread is real today

waking season and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  22. I feel like I need to be in therapy again but doubtful anyone can ease the pit of anxiety in my stomach

23. Well, being confined with noisy neighbors means I'm probably going to be awake all night and sleep during the afternoon for the next few weeks. I hope I won't feel like shit at the end. Wish me luck.

24. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I remember you. I see you. I will help you steal that cat.

25. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

I wish hibernation was a thing that humans did

BirdPerson, bigmike and waking season like this.