Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 308

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I just quit my job yesterday. On Weds I reached the most stress and anxiety I have ever felt. I couldn't even perform simple tasks at my jobs, I've never experinced anything like that before. My whole body felt warm and I couldn't stop obsessing about how many things I hated about my job. It was awful. The second I told my boss I can't do it anymore I felt a weight off my chest.

I also feel vindicated because a girl just quit two weeks ago and another coworker is about to quit leaving only one person in my old department. I feel like I was manipulated into thinking I was inadequate and incompetent when I really was just set up to fail.

I woke up at 3 am with a burst of anxiety, I've been doing that the last 2 months, and then I calmly realized that I no longer had to worry about that job and I felt a warm wave of relief and fell asleep soon after. I can't believe how much that job dominated my mind and mental health the past few months and I tried to live with it and didn't identify it right away.

I may be able to get my old job back from last year which would be great but no matter what I do I need to gain my confidence back. This last job completely zapped me of any confidence of the workplace.

2. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Really proud of you for taking such an important step for your health. That decision alone should be huge for starting that confidence again because you can tell yourself that you’re strong enough to do what you need to do and see better things in your future despite that toxic environment draining you.

3. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Very excited for you to pursue the next happier and healthier phase of your life :heart:

4. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Thank you both, i'm excited to dig down deep and find the confidence I had in myself before this job.

5. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Update: got a prescription for Lexapro, hoping it'll help me

oldjersey, Shakriel, Mcrx and 2 others like this.
  6. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

[​IMG]

zigbigwig and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Mcrx, Shakriel and Colby Searcy like this.
  8. Mcrx

Regular

Feeling a little depressed lately. Not only is my "vacation" now over, I've been finding myself wanting to sleep more and more which frustrates me because I know that leads to bad moods. Also, kinda bummed how I'm usually the one to initiate conversation in my relationships and all to often, they just "fade out" because I get too fearful of being a bother and checking up on people after so much time. I know I'm not the only one who goes through this, but it's just weird that it happens when it seems things were going so well! I just feel like a fool. :/

Shakriel likes this.
  9. Colby Searcy

Not sure if it's a side effect or just the meds reworking my brain or whatnot but I've had multiple panic attacks since starting Lexapro and it's terrifying.

10. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

I had nothing but bad experiences with Lexapro for the brief time I was on it so I usually advise against it. I would talk to your doctor about trying something else if possible.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  11. Colby Searcy

I definitely plan to call tomorrow. It's only been 3 days just wasn't sure if that was normal or the medication

Mcrx likes this.
  12. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

Yeah, i would say 3 days is enough time to figure out whether or not a medication works. I'm amazed that i lasted 6 months on Lexapro in between the constant panic attacks, constant diarrhea, and increased suicidal thoughts/ideation.

Mcrx and Colby Searcy like this.
  13. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I had another panic attack at work. My coworkers say they’re worried, but I’m pushing them away because if I explained exactly how bad it is, they wouldn’t understand. 2020 is worse for my mental health than ever. The physical symptoms are scaring me and I feel myself breaking.

Mcrx and Shakriel like this.
  14. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

I feel like I'm coming undone.

Mcrx likes this.
  15. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

I feel like I need to be taking anti depressants. But just the thought of taking something and finding medication that works for me sounds exhausting. I tried it years and years ago and it was miserable and I ended up going off of it after a week, but I didn’t really venture out and try a lot of different options. I just started seeing a therapist so I’m considering talking to him about it and learning about my options. I know I would need to see a psychiatrist which again just seems exhausting.

Mcrx likes this.
  16. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Did a bunch of laundry, cleaned up my room, packed lunches for the next two days. Hoping tomorrow I can get to the gym. Trying to make better choices like I was before. Hope I can keep it up.

17. Mcrx

Regular

It can be exhausting but also worth it. I think taking AD is probably easier than say trying to find a correct anti psychotic. And I was recently reminded that it can take up to 6 to 8 weeks before you even start noticing a difference, so just keep that in mind.

18. Mcrx

Regular

Sounds like a great start! I really need to work out again soon, but I've been a bit under the weather lately. :/

Kiana likes this.
  19. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Being sick is what stopped me too and I haven't picked it back up. I'm so unhappy with the loss of gym progress tho I need to get back to it!

Mcrx likes this.
  20. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

My dad just texted me a picture of his 30 day chip from AA and I am incredibly emotional about it. He's going through some pretty tragic things right now so of all the times to get clean I am shocked it's now, since he's never done it through all the tragedy before, but I won't question and will just be supportive. I just really hope he sticks with it and can turn his life around. He's needed something like this for more than half his life, and truthfully I thought the day would never come. He's always disappointed us before but let's just hope for now.

21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Your support means the world to him, believe me.

K0ta and bigmike like this.
  22. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I have a job interview on thursday. It's a job for the alumni department of a treatment center in Fort Lauderdale so it's the position I used to have and was extremely good at. I can't believe I found an open position like this as it's not a very common job, they called me the morning after I sent in my resume which is a good sign. They informed me they are starting a new alumni program and need help with it. My confidence has been rising by the minute the more I think about it, I think it can be a very fulfilling job to regain my confidence and self-esteem in my workplace, I am extremely grateful for this. I know I can crush it.

23. Colby Searcy

So I'm hating these side effects that Lexapro is giving me. I think instead of my GP I'm gonna go see a psychiatrist in hopes they have a different perspective on things better and maybe have something that can work quicker.

Anybody have experiences with this?

Mcrx likes this.
  24. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I recommend seeing a Psychiatrist (if you have the means). I was on Lexapro and was not really a fan of the side effects at all. You may have to trial a few different medications to see what works for you. I would just keep open and honest communication with your doctor.

Mcrx and Colby Searcy like this.
  25. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Crush it Daniel! You’re gonna get that job and do so well.

K0ta, Mcrx and oldjersey like this.