Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 303

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

it's a bad night

jorbjorb, SlappinCups and Mcrx like this.
  2. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

*one of those hugging gifs you use*

Hope you feel better friend

SlappinCups and Mcrx like this.
  3. Shakriel

haha. thank you. :heart:

4. Mcrx

Regular

My sleep schedule is all off. I'm wide awake right now but I'll prolly sleep till noon. Sigh!

5. RamonaQuimby

Trusted

Ugh it's so rough and very anxiety inducing. Would you go if your husband suggested it?

6. Mcrx

Regular

Oh it's more the opposite issue, would my husband go if my GP suggested it? I don't think so, but who knows anymore!

7. Mcrx

Regular

Oh I forgot why I came here this morning. So yea, didn't sleep until about 6am and it's now 8am (well shit, almost 9 now) and I'm too hungry to sleep so gonna get up and eat and probably nap later. Sigh!

8. Mcrx

Regular

Getting super worried! One of my online friends (my first actually) is really struggling right now and her (their) last post made it sound like they were going to give in to the end, if you know what I mean. I don't know what more to do. I tried messaging and just sent an email now. I'm so very worried and I don't know if I'll ever really know if the worst should happen. (Surely someone has to know them more personally than me that goes to the same site as me, but still. I dunno). Gah! What do I do?! Plus, I'm not sleeping and that just makes it all worse! :(

9. RamonaQuimby

Trusted

Did you ever hear back from them?

10. RamonaQuimby

Trusted

My anxiety is making me physically ill rn ugh

Mcrx and Shakriel like this.
  11. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I finally asked for medication for my anxiety and will be testing lexapro for the next 2 months. Really hoping it helps.

12. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

I had a job interview today that I feel went pretty well and finally managed to get an appointment with a therapist. And in a month and half I'll be taking a trip down to Dallas, Texas with some of my best friends. I feel like I'm finally starting to get somewhere.

13. Shakriel

GrantCloud and RamonaQuimby like this.
  14. Mcrx

Regular

Nope, not yet. But their profile said they visited the site yesterday. So that gives me hope. Plus I heard back from a few of their other friends, so we're all checking into this. Hopefully we'll get good news soon.

RamonaQuimby likes this.
  15. RamonaQuimby

Trusted

Do you ever get to the point where you feel like almost a fraud for trying to give advice/help people if you are having a real bad time as well? That's the point I'm at right now.

zigbigwig likes this.
  16. Shakriel

I feel like an imposter 100% of the time in everything I do, but that doesn't mean I can't try and be there for others who are struggling, even if I don't necessarily end up taking my own damn advice.

17. RamonaQuimby Feb 5, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 5, 2020)
    RamonaQuimby

Trusted

Thank you I needed to hear this. I am just really terrified of giving the wrong advice. Am I bad for being hesitant to try to help now? It has nothing to do with the other people, just me

18. Shakriel

Nah, it's fine to be hesitant. I get like that too. It's like, "well I'd like to tell them this--even though my own dumb ass fails to practice what I preach." I worry all the time whether what I'm telling those I'm trying to help is actually helpful and not accidentally just making all the shit worse.

RamonaQuimby likes this.
  19. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

For what it's worth you really helped me when you let me vent to you when I was doing really badly a few months ago

RamonaQuimby likes this.
  20. Shakriel

I appreciate you letting me know! :heart:

Hope you're doing OK now, or getting better.

RamonaQuimby and PureBlueSF like this.
  21. RamonaQuimby

Trusted

This comment helps a ton

Shakriel likes this.
  22. Jams

Trusted

I got my apartment and can move in this weekend which is exciting except I can't even be happy bc I'm so upset about my dog. I am just so mad that my mom isn't taking her. I have to bring her over to my grandma's tomorrow since my grandma knows how much I love my dog and is willing to take her in so I can at least visit her. I just feel like I'm abandoning her and honestly hate myself for it. She is the absolute sweetest dog. She deserves to stay with her family for the last few years of her life. I really wish I had more time to apartment hunt so maybe I could find a single one in my budget that allows pets. I'm just so heartbroken over all of this. But my mom's house already sold so I have to be out this month so I don't really have a choice. I just don't understand why my mom isn't bothered by this at all. She could have easily taken the dog but just doesn't want to. And to further annoy me, out of alllll the apartments she's looked at, she is moving into the one directly below me. Like I cannot escape.

23. Shakriel

Congrats on the apartment! Even if it's tempered by the pet situation.

As for your mom moving in below you, time for some revenge. Fucking hard stomp everywhere. Do not give her peace.

Jams and bigmike like this.
  24. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Can I recommend somehow getting a subwoofer @Jams which will really fuck with your mom if you’d like

Jams likes this.
  25. Mcrx

Regular

don't really feel like a fraud (or do i?)...i'm not sure what I feel. but i do worry about giving bad advice

-------(not quite sure the etiquette here about double posts so I'm combining)

My update-

I hate anxiety!!!!! Got triggered by something last night and was up all hours of the night worrying about it, ruminating over it. Still not sure if this is bipolarish or just flat out anxiety. (again, my dx is general anxiety and unspecified bipolar). And then today I reacted over this and shared my thoughts with a few close folks on that site and also declared publicly that I'm taking a break...after logging out, I came to realize that I missed my anxiety med yesterday. *facepalms Still have to take it, but i was going to try to wait it out until it's my regular time to take it (the next dose)...if I can! I also wanted to go back to sleep for another hour, but I'm damn awake now. Ugh!