Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 302

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Do you have anyone to speak to, maybe a therapist or anything? Keeping this all inside is just going to make it worse. I'm sure the last thing you wanna go do is see a professional but i truly think it is absolutely vital you take the steps to do so. Otherwise youre going to keep downspiraling in this cycle.

I'm sorry youre having to deal with this

You're handling this as best you can and that's all you can ever do. Your grandma sounds like an angel and you legitimately need help right now, it would not be taking advantage and what you can do is pay her back someday some how. Doesn't have to be money can be in another way but you should simply accept her help and then when you are back and thriving again, do something special for her.

You got this!

2. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I feel like I messed up on how I’m supposed to be a human and I hate that I can’t start over.

3. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

[​IMG]
    Group hug for everyone in here

4. Shakriel

Today was one of the worst days in a while, made worse by me spending time contemplating looking for a new job and updating my resume on various sites.

I wanna believe I can find happiness out of life somewhere, but in reality I'm curled up in bed crying and wishing i didn't wake up.

5. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

This is highly relatable and I'm sorry you're dealing with this. The stress of finding/changing jobs really gets to me because instead of all the positive possibilities it may lead to, I can only see the negatives.

But you'll be happy, you'll get there.

Shakriel likes this.
  6. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I've had negative self esteem lately. I've gained some weight which I think I'd be okay with normally, but it means that none of my clothes fit right which is unflattering and I look and feel bad in everything. All my clothes are uncomfortable now and it sucks. We don't rly have any clothing shops here so I'm gonna need to suck it up one of these weekends and go shopping. Then my hormonal acne has just been out of control. My acne hasn't been this bad since I was a teenager. And I know it's hormonal. I made an appt with a doctor but she can't see me until March. I just feel bad about myself these days.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  7. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Been lurking this thread for awhile. Not sure if this is the right place to talk about it. There is a girl that I work with. I’ve been falling pretty hard for her, but trying to play it cool because I’m not sure if she’s interested. It has been emotionally draining, and I’m a textbook over thinker who struggles with anxiety. As someone with low self-esteem, I’m constantly doubting whether anyone could actually be interested in me in my current place in life. I can honestly say that since she started working with me 5 months ago, it has been the biggest emotional roller coaster for me. My biggest worry is that I express interest and she rejects me, how do we both continue working so close? I’ve never really found myself in a situation like this at work. We have become close at work, and she is constantly messaging me outside of work too. Mostly to vent about work or her family/friends. But also just checking in to see how I’m doing or sending me memes. We have confided in each other recently, especially with family issues and trauma from our childhoods. The thing is, I have asked her to go do stuff with me outside of work, and she has only ever said “yes” once. In other instances, she will say “I think so, but I’ll let you know later” and she later cancels or wants to reschedule. She also deals with anxiety, and she has only a couple real friends she is close and comfortable with. My gut tells me she is probably not interested in me. I just can’t seem to shake these feelings though. I feel my mental state is deteriorating as I constantly weigh the risks of expressing my feelings. My mood lately is just all over the map. Forgive me for the long winded set up. I don’t know what my next move is, if any.

8. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Is there a chance that stress is a contributing factor to your skin issues? I have noticed a correlation for me personally. I’ve been prescribed doxycycline so many times for acne flare-ups. It seems to help but also causes weight gain for me.

9. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

A co-worker of mine tried this for a couple weeks. Said it helped him to not see his “friends” do stuff without him. I’m convinced social media consumption is only healthy for a small percentage of the population: those who don’t struggle with self-worth or FOMO.

DarkHotline likes this.
  10. For this, you can also unsuscribe to people, which might take more time though. It worked for me at one point.

11. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I think it's hormonal because it didn't start until I switched birth controls. I had to switch prescriptions cause my PMS symptoms were coming back and making it hard to function. The trade off so far has been return of the acne.

12. Shakriel

my thoughts of self-harm have been louder this week than normal

13. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I feel like I have to hide from the news, I just can’t take this anymore. I’m losing my fucking mind at how the worst people get everything while I suffer, I just want shit to burn the fuck down. I honestly envy the dead

14. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Hugs for you both. It’s so hard to keep treading water with the world the way it is right now.

DarkHotline, SlappinCups and Shakriel like this.
  15. Mcrx

Regular

I've been depressed lately and sleeping in. I'm finding it harder and harder to want to eat in "the morning ", but I have to take medicine...i don't feel like eating though! :( Trust me, if you knew my struggle with food... I mean I eat "breakfast" super late and then I still eat more at night and I'm struggling here cuz I'm trying to lose weight. The whole thing is making ME feel bum. And it doesn't help I keep delaying my antidepressant. Sigh!

Shakriel likes this.
  16. Jams

Trusted

Going to meet a landlord to put in an application for my first apartment on my own!!! I'm beyond terrified tbh but also very excited. Everyone please keep your fingers crossed for me that I get approved bc I absolutely love this apartment!

17. Shakriel

Really tired of going to bed feeling generally ok and then starting off the next morning an anxious mess. Not a great step forward for the day.

Mcrx likes this.
  18. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

3EB3AF80-56B8-4E5E-B6FB-DCDC7707E150.jpeg

19. Mcrx

Regular

I'm more of the go to bed depressed and frustrated and wake up late due to that shit... some days it gets better though and some nights aren't like that. Sigh! I dunno Life's just unpredictable and yet predictable in that I can expect my mood will frequently change due to what's going on in life. :P

20. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

So i've been having this problem and have turned to meditation and as corny as it seems, some positive affirmations, and it has really helped me bounce back from some bad anxiety in the mornings. Only takes a few minutes and is worth it from my experience. I know it sounds dumb but it really may help you.

bigmike, SlappinCups and awwgereee like this.
  21. Shakriel

That used to be me, going to sleep all depressed and shit. I wonder if I still do, but have become so numb to it that it's the mornings that now stand out. lol

Hmm, I'm willing to give anything a try really. Any suggestions on how to properly meditate?

Mcrx likes this.
  22. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

There's a fantastic app called headspace that has guided meditations and will help you with everything you need to get started. Im almost positive it's free.

They should have a begginers meditation on there to help tell you what to do but heres a link to help you get started too

Meditation for Beginners

23. Shakriel

thank you. i'll check out the app for sure.

oldjersey likes this.
  24. Mcrx

Regular

I get that. Kinda going through something similar. Told my GP of my concerns, and now I'm nervous of him bringing up therapy again with my husband there. :/

RamonaQuimby likes this.
  25. RamonaQuimby

Trusted

Im having really bad panic attacks at my sister's house and trying to avoid telling them. I honestly don't think I should go to this baptism...how can I get out of it?