Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 300

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

this seems pretty fucked up and not super helpful for the patient, so I'm not sure why they even entertain her parents, even if they pay. Seems to cross a bunch of lines and I can't imagine feeling safe confiding in this therapist, even if all he does is listen to what the mother says and not reveal anything.

awwgereee and K0ta like this.
  2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

At least over here once somebody is 14 or older there has to be releases signed to talk with the patient. Otherwise they won't even confirm that patient is being seen at that facility. Talking to them seems not okay to me. But I don't work in the mental health field, just sort of adjacent

BirdPerson, awwgereee and K0ta like this.
  3. I haven’t slept well since I got back from England

4. Shakriel

It's a bad depression day, can barely pull off any work--thankfully I'm home today so I can fall to pieces without it worrying anyone will notice. sigh.

5. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

These past few days it’s been a huge struggle between “2020 is going to be my year!” and “2020 is going to be the year I kill myself”

GrantCloud, zigbigwig, Mary V and 3 others like this.
  6. Shakriel

[​IMG]
    boy do i feel that

7. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I find it wildly inappropriate that he continues to take your gf's mom's calls. If my therapist did that I would feel completely violated. If her therapist knows her, then he knows how abusive her family is/has been and how unsafe the whole damn situation is. And it sounds like he believes her mom's bs? Am i reading that right?

8. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

My therapist isn't perfect but she saved my damn life and oh my god that's such a huge boundary violation if not an actual ethical one like if she ever talked to my dadIjust wowowow

rebecca and Shakriel like this.
  9. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I would fully never speak to my therapist again if I found out she was taking calls from my parents. The only conceivable excuse for that is if they think you are a danger to yourself, and even then they should contact like, a doctor, not your mom. Tbh it sounds like at worst the therapist is either fully in her mom’s pocket and working with her to “fix” Hannah to her parents’ liking and at best he’s just fucking lazy and doesn’t listen to his patient’s needs.

10. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I’ve been doing pretty good lately. But the cashier at Macy’s gave me dirty looks and laughed at me when I asked her questions when trying to find something for my girlfriend. Everyone behind me laughed at me too. I left and didn’t finish looking for it and now my girlfriend is mad I gave up. I feel everyone is laughing at me all the time, and watching people actually doing it and not hiding it, is crushing me.

LWS likes this.
  11. JM95

Trusted

Hope deteriorating again. Can't foresee any future situation where I'm mentally stable, happy and able to take responsibility for myself like a proper fucking person. I'm a fucking mess and all the hope has been trampled out of me.

Not falling ill or dying too soon is the grand total of my ambitions now - basically don't become too much of a worry for my family. That's it.

Absolute fucking shit.

12. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Should’ve called her manager over, that is unacceptable

SlappinCups likes this.
  13. I’m feeling utterly helpless as bushfires continue to rage through the country. Smoke has filled the air and it’s now at hazardous levels. Not only that, but I genuinely don’t see Australia lasting another ten years if those in power don’t act right now. On a selfish note, Adam and I probably won’t be able to live in our dream house. Greta was right, they really have stolen our future. I want to fight but I can’t help feeling like there’s nothing to fight for. We might be too late.

14. Shakriel

[​IMG]
    I've lived through smoky times and it's scary. You see everyone walking around with masks on to keep their lungs protected. Obviously the rest is beyond me and it's so sad.

For me, all I see is how bad the devastation, but no mention of what Australia is doing to fight it.

15. Shakriel

Been basically full of anxiety since I came home from visiting my parents for the holidays. It's a mixture of so many things, a new, miserable year to contend with; returning to a job that's good but I'm not in love with; feeling lonely on/off; my general depression; and now taking on a cat. The last part is really scary for me. It's basically just me taking care of myself for so long and that's never gone well, so now I have another life to treat well; additionally it's also me adjusting to a massive change in my life. I don't regret it and love the little dude in the one day I've had it, I'm just sort of overwhelmed by everything right now.

I'm able to sort of keep the anxiety in check during the day when I'm talking with people and not alone with my thoughts, but when I crawl into bed, it's like a tidal wave that's been held at bay that just hits me hard.

What doesn't help is that sleep is usually what resets me and helps me recover and renew my strength to fight the anxiety, but i haven't been sleeping well for the last few weeks so i just wake up worn out already.

I'll get through it, it's just going to be a shitty time until I do.

Mary V likes this.
  16. No climate action as of yet. We’re done with political parties blaming each other, though, now our PM is straight-up lying and saying he’s always known about the link between climate change and what we’re facing now and his party has always fought it... when he only got into power by stabbing our last PM (of the same party) in the back as soon as he started talking renewable energy. But, all the donations have been incredible and do give me some faith

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Shakriel like this.
  17. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

For the first time since I started seeing her almost 4 years ago, my therapist is suggesting I look into becoming medicated for my anxiety/depression and I think she’s right but also I am scared lmao.

18. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Been there, it's a tough process but well worth it to find something to stabilize yourself and make it easier to deal with everything. If you ever want to talk about it you can always message me. Good luck :heart:

19. drewinseries

Drew

I put it off for way to long, where I am at now I definitely wish I started earlier. It's tough for the first few months but very worth it.

personalmaps likes this.
  20. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

any advice on choosing/researching a therapist?

21. St. Nate

Yoooo I finally get around to searching for a therapist and it looks at least according to zoc doc that like every in network therapist is booked until April.

K0ta, zigbigwig, SlappinCups and 2 others like this.
  22. aint it fun?

23. St. Nate

no its not!

also apparently my insurance is inspired which i didn't know is a thing that can happen.

24. Shakriel

this new year is already fucking killing me

25. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

i downloaded this app called Moody on the App Store. basically makes you log your moods throughout the day and gives you a general idea of where you’re at. i had no idea that was a thing

i scheduled the app to notify me in the morning, after work and around bedtime. but it’s definitely helped me appreciate the little things that make my day better. i’ve logged a bunch today and hope to make it a habit

it has a one time purchase of 4.99 after logging 15 moods but i’ll prob buy it since i’m having good results with it so far

bigmike and Shakriel like this.