Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mental Health Thread • Page 296

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

The only way things maybe get better is if people like us who give a shit try and it's hard and sucks

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  2. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

No matter how much work I do, if I have a daughter in 3 years she is absolutely growing up in a world where everything sucks for her bc of her gender and there’s nothing I can do to change that.

3. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

You don’t have apologize for posting, definitely not in here. The world never deserves the people that actively try to change it for the better, that’s why y’all are so vital to the progression and betterment of humanity, or at the very least, the betterment of your corner of the world.

K0ta, Kiana, StuffinCups and 3 others like this.
  4. supernovagirl

It’s just too tiring though. Hard to see it as worth it I guess

bigmike likes this.
  5. Mcrx

Regular

Was feeling pretty awful this morning. Fighting with my thoughts again. How much I fail at things, how dumb I am for not even trying, but when I do I feel I take myself to exhaustion. I realized I hadn't worked out in two days ( after days and days of consecutive workouts). I guess this had an effect on how I was hating on myself. Put on some "bulimic" by The Used and started doing cardio. Started feeling a bit better. It's still a battle though. I'm exhausted, but my body isn't anywhere near I'd like it to be...
    I don't know. Guess that's all. I'm just stressed and missing days when getting in exercise was easier because of sports and dance, etc.

6. AbbieTheCurious

Hello, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm new around here but being that I have anxiety and bipolar, with some possible PTSD you might see me pop in and post here every once in a while. Nice to meet everyone!

7. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I opened up to a coworker I thought I could trust and told her about my mental illness. She asked me why I’m sad and so depressed about and to just be positive.

8. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Damn. That sucks. I’m sorry. :(
    [​IMG]

xapplexpiex, bigmike and StuffinCups like this.
  9. Shakriel

Just not a good night, apparently. Been crying on/off for no discernible reason.

10. AbbieTheCurious

Lol I know how fun the old "just be positive" advise can be.. I'm sorry I know it makes you wanna scream.. just remember there is more of us out there that can relate then you would think..

xapplexpiex likes this.
  11. AbbieTheCurious

Also understand this.. Maybe try doing something silly.. I know it sounds like kinda odd advise.. but try to surprise yourself with your own silliness it can distract you just long enough for your emotions and brain to do a soft reset so to speak lol

Shakriel likes this.
  12. Shakriel

I just ended playing Pokemon for a couple hours, which helped sort of distract me from thinking, lol. But thank you. :heart:

StuffinCups likes this.
  13. AbbieTheCurious

Haha which one? I'm a Pokémon addict hehe you totally have my full attention now lmao

Shakriel likes this.
  14. Shakriel

Pokemon Sword. Beat Kabu, the fire gym leader tonight.

15. AbbieTheCurious

awwww lucky I haven't been able to afford a switch yet I'm still kicking it old school with my 3ds lmao

16. Shakriel

I love the Switch, but did enjoy playing Pokemon on the older handhelds. I miss some of the older designs of the Pokemon. No idea where I put my 3DS tho, lol.

StuffinCups likes this.
  17. supernovagirl

A handful of people have reached out with incredible kindness and I’m really grateful for it. I’m so lucky to have a place that can help take an insurmountable burden and make it seem a little less daunting. Thank you all :heart:

18. Shakriel

oh joy, it's one of those days i feel super lonely. hate those days.

19. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

come to target

20. Shakriel

i used to work at one, now i avoid going into them as much as possible.

21. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

My therapist rearranged her office and like... I can't handle change!

22. Kiana

I have a difficult time understanding people. Sometimes I want to give up trying, but I don't know if that's liberating or hiding. that line is thinner than I'd thought. Will that make me less of an overthinker and more confident? Or would that be me giving up on people and give me more excuses to withdraw? Is anyone actually confident or are we all just trying to project that wishful thinking? Idk idk. Being a person is tough.

supernovagirl likes this.
  23. Shakriel

Ugh. Been slacking on taking my antidepressants and think doing so has been fucking with my stomach, and that’s been causing me even more stress as it makes me feel bloated, nauseous and indigestion. Causes anxiety because I’m worried maybe something else is causing the issue.

24. AbbieTheCurious

I think sometimes we confuse ourselves with trying to understand peoples behaviors and not the person themselves.. we kinda try to work backwards so to speak.. We try to understand peoples behavior and with that understand the person.. but it should be the reverse we should understand the person first which leads to a better understanding of their behavior.. I don't know that's my theory anyway lol
    On the confidence subject.. I think people are actually confident.. but it is a state of mind like happy or sad.. it can be strong or fade and there is ways to improve at it by doing things that boost that feeling of confidence.. the key factor is that it is completely up to you on how confident you are or are not, just like with happiness you make the choices that ultimately effect the level of confidence you will have and also project..
    I say be yourself, that's what confidence is really all about.. not apologizing for being you and not being perfect because who da fuq is yeah?

25. Kiana

Winter depression sucks. It's just cold and miserable and I'm so unmotivated to do anything and work is super busy and blegh